How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

Very nervous about this game. Cincy has been playing very well and they are very good at doing some of the things Buffalo has struggled with. They have not 1, not 2 but 3 very good receivers who have all been excellent is catching passes in the open spot in zone defenses - between the linebackers and the defensive backs. Burrow is able to get rid of the ball very quickly and make these 7-12 yard throws and I can see Buffalo just getting killed by these.

Losing Von was a big loss - the Bills just haven't been able to get to the quarterback that much, at least not in a hurry. With Burrow's quick release and his multiple options the Bengals are going to move the ball and put up points - they don't need to throw the deep ball. Not saying the Bills can't play well and outscore the Bengals, but unless turnovers are a factor Cincy isn't scoring less than 28 and potentially a lot more.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Something I haven’t seen discussed is the impact of the cancelled game on the coaches and game planning. Neither team got to show/reveal much in under a quarter of game time three weeks ago.  If there’s an advantage here, it goes to the Bills who saw two possessions from the Bengals, and of course the home field crowd. 

50/50

Will the good Bills that can squish any team in the league show up or the team that shoots themselves in the foot (cough Vikings cough) ?

Bengals have won 9 straight, Bills have won 8 straight. If the Bengals have three OL starters out, that's a huge benefit to us. Hopefully the defense won't be playing prevent all day.

With his wingspan, playing Groot on the interior and moving Oliver outside on some plays could prove beneficial.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting reactions to this sundays game. It is nowhere near a landslide of confidence.  but it reads to me that Confidence is pretty high. For reasons mentioned.

Reading @oldmanfan and the crash and burn Josh scenario I thought "well that MIGHT happen" In my worst nightmare *cringe* I just don't think

he is that fragile a guy to totally melt down  and lose a game for us.  He is the main reason we are where we are. But beyond that 

I expect our Bills to be  straight and focused on performing their very best on Sunday. #17 included.  I hope the game plan is one we agree will

play to the team strengths and advantage from what he sees.  I Billieve he will 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, somnus00 said:

If Josh Allen takes what the defense gives him and the offense pays with rhythm... Bills 34 - 24.

The Jey to the Game will be Buffalos Pass rush with 3OL missing the game for Cincinnati ! Need to get Burrow off his game like Baltimore did on dee andBills win!!

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

Interesting reactions to this sundays game. It is nowhere near a landslide of confidence.  but it reads to me that Confidence is pretty high. For reasons mentioned.

Reading @oldmanfan and the crash and burn Josh scenario I thought "well that MIGHT happen" In my worst nightmare *cringe* I just don't think

he is that fragile a guy to totally melt down  and lose a game for us.  He is the main reason we are where we are. But beyond that the

I expect our Bills to be  straight and focused on performing their very best on Sunday. #17 included.  I hope the game plan is one we agree will play to the team strengths and advantage from what he sees.  I Billieve he will 🙂

Some fans sound like he (JA17) is holding us back and it makes laugh!

Honestly, I'm pretty confident.  

With Cincy's OL injuries, the edge swings pretty heavily to us.   

I feel way more confident in our secondary going into this match-up, than I did a few weeks ago. 

On Offense, we have the better QB, the healthier/better OL and our weapons look like they're rounding into form at the perfect time.  

Home field is icing on the cake.  

Cincy will come out with an edge, feeling like they were slighted, but with McDermott being a very strong defensive coach.. having that quick look at Cincy's opening game plan a few weeks back isn't inconsequential. 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

To answer the OP’s question, reasonably. We know their Defense is susceptible and the OL is in tatters. Fairly sure no QB has been sacked more times, than Burrow than any other -for the games he’s played. WRs? They have them in Spades. They’re the defending AFC Champs so no slough, to be sure. Imo, the only team left who can beat us is…. Us! -and sadly, we’re capable of self-destructing..

🤦‍♂️

"The only team that can beat us is us." To be fair, don't you think KC and Cinci can say the same thing?

If you go back to last year's Cinci team their Oline was terrible. They still went to the Super Bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong. Another concern is the Bills pass rush. They are inconsistent, young, and to be honest not elite. The Bills just faced a vulnerable Miami Oline with mixed results. Burrow is no Skylar Thomspson. 

53 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Very nervous about this game. Cincy has been playing very well and they are very good at doing some of the things Buffalo has struggled with. They have not 1, not 2 but 3 very good receivers who have all been excellent is catching passes in the open spot in zone defenses - between the linebackers and the defensive backs. Burrow is able to get rid of the ball very quickly and make these 7-12 yard throws and I can see Buffalo just getting killed by these.

Losing Von was a big loss - the Bills just haven't been able to get to the quarterback that much, at least not in a hurry. With Burrow's quick release and his multiple options the Bengals are going to move the ball and put up points - they don't need to throw the deep ball. Not saying the Bills can't play well and outscore the Bengals, but unless turnovers are a factor Cincy isn't scoring less than 28 and potentially a lot more.

I agree. I think this game will have to be won by the Bills offense. I think they will need to put up 35 plus points to win. If the Bills commit 2 turnovers or more it's unlikely they will win the game. 

13 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I am very confident because I believe Josh Allen is an asset to the team and not something that needs to be overcome to win. Be who you are Josh and I'm good because you're the player I've always wanted this team to have as QB. Don't change just learn from mistakes.

My concern is that for the past few weeks he keeps saying he needs to learn from his mistakes but keeps making them.  I love Josh but we need the Good Josh from here on out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The Bills have come a long way this season. The Bills are a well seasoned, and mature team at this point in Josh's journey. They seem to enjoy the in-game chaos. They never panic. Bad turnovers are like water off a ducks back to them. It's just who they are this year. The Bills have this. Who knows what Bills team will show up? But which ever one does, I like our chances this Sunday. Bills 31-24

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we win comfortably with some close scores through 3. 

I think the 7 minutes does give our staff something to look at in how they wanted to attack us at least initially.  

What scares me about the 7 minutes was our poor tackling and we may have overcome this. But I hope it’s a point of emphasis this week from the coaching staff. 

Put me at 80%, because of Josh Allen. But I think he needs to run a little to further complicate things for the Bengals defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.