Is it my imagination but has Cris Collinsworth improved this season?

Punching Bag

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Collinsworth has bene the best color guy going for about a decade, maybe minus Romo's rookie year with CBS before they turned him into Phil Simms 2.0. 

The hate he gets on here has never been justified. He says good teams and good players are good. Oh the horror!

While I do think he offers a lot of quality analysis, his voice is annoying and his ball-washing game is second to none … which often gets even more annoying than his voice. 

• Agree 1

I've never really had a big problem with him i have a bigger problem with Romo the way he flip flops back and forth in every Bills game he calls one minute they are great the next not so much & he'll send a rip out towards the Bills but then they make a play & he's back on the wagon 🙄.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

He's just older and more lazy. Thay has taken the edge off of him a little.

But I still can't stand him. He is clearly biased for or against players / teams and I also hate his annoying voice.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I've figured out Collinsworth. Listen for it next game. After each play he simply makes a positive comment about either the offensive or defensive player that shows up in the replay. I swear he has a set of 3x5 cards up there with him, ready for the stock comments. That's why you think he's biased. It's because his comments come clear out of the blue and have literally nothing to do with what's happening in the game. It's a formula. A really lazy one.

Collinsworth is a pioneer. Us older guys will remember his successful jump grok

the field into a true co-host role on the best post weekend NFL show on TV — Inside the NFL. He’s never looked back. 

He’s pro Cincinnati (understandably), but anti-Buffalo (never knew why). 

He should be better next to Tirico, who’s better than nine toes out the door Al.

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I've figured out Collinsworth. Listen for it next game. After each play he simply makes a positive comment about either the offensive or defensive player that shows up in the replay. I swear he has a set of 3x5 cards up there with him, ready for the stock comments. That's why you think he's biased. It's because his comments come clear out of the blue and have literally nothing to do with what's happening in the game. It's a formula. A really lazy one.

I think he is biased because of the comments he makes in support of or against things that happen, such as when an official throws a flag in a key situation. If he likes a team or player, he will come out for or against the call, regardless of the evidence sometimes.

You can also hear it when he is "praising" a play. He'll make it sound like a good play came out of nowhere when it is a team or player he doesn't like. When a player or team he likes makes a mistake, he is quick to excuse it or make up reasons why it happened.

Yes, the rest of the time he is just spouting empty praise.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Don’t understand the CC discontent. 

CC/MT/NBC is the best NFL broadcast.  And it’s not close. 

Agreed!

Amazon games are like 50% volume and the lighting and commentary sounds/looks like the lights are being dimmed while everyone gets ready for bedtime 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.