Weird day, me or both?

Simon

weird-assed camera angles at key moments repeatedly blocking specific views

weird-assed confusions with delays, TOs, game and play clocks

weird-assed throws to odd spots

weird-assed coaching decisions

weird-assed tech glitches with the first down line

weird-assed bounces and ball action (the airbag that saved Tremaine was a personal fave)

weird-assed combinations of stats vs scoreboard

I didn't sit down twice during the last hour and smoked a cigar INSIDE the house :blink:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Simon said:

weird-assed camera angles at key moments repeatedly blocking specific views

weird-assed confusions with delays, TOs, game and play clocks

weird-assed throws to odd spots

weird-assed coaching decisions

weird-assed tech glitches with the first down line

weird-assed bounces and ball action (the airbag that saved Tremaine was a personal fave)

weird-assed combinations of stats vs scoreboard

I didn't sit down twice for the last hour and smoked a cigar INSIDE the house :blink:

It was all that.  It's a game I want to flush.  It had so many odd "bounces" and weird timeouts/coaching decisions/etc.  

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Said in another thread, I’m emotionally confused. I should be happy.. but instead I just want to smash glass bottles and curse. 

That's because you were thinking we might win a SB this year, and you know the way we have played for the last 8 or 9 games, plus today, is in no way good enough to do that. And it hurts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's because you were thinking we might win a SB this year, and you know the way we have played for the last 8 or 9 games, plus today, is in no way good enough to do that. And it hurts.

The sb campions rams won a combined 3 playoff games by 9 points after their wild card 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I guess so. Just a weird game. A total roller coaster with a lot of dumb stuff. 

This was a game we should’ve had closed out at halftime.  So it ends up kind of feeling like a loss, even though we won..  guess I’ll double up on the Prozac tonight and hope we play mistake-free next week. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The Bills are 8-1 in their last 9 games including today.  BAD TAKE.

The also have a +70 point differential in those 9 games.  Better than 26 teams' point differential for each of their WHOLE SEASONS.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It was all that.  It's a game I want to flush.  It had so many odd "bounces" and weird timeouts/coaching decisions/etc.  

I can tolerate players not executing. I can't tolerate coaches doing wierd crazy things. We are all too well versed on McDermott's game day struggles. You'd think after 5 years they'd start to end. Today says otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very weird!

Don't forget the announcers weird ass takes

McD weird timeouts

Weird reviews of virtually everthing and causing 4 hour game

Just looking at McDaniel says weird

7 Sacks????

Perhaps this is the game the Bills had to get beyond, everything seemed to go wrong for them.

My weird take: 98% of Bills fans are saying we won in spite of Josh Allen. This is false IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Solid thread title.  These are worth echoing:

(1) McD's timeouts while we were on defense are nothing short of weird; hard to justify those.

(2) Similarly, I thought the Phins would have been better off taking the 5 yards rather than the TO's on 2 if not 3 of those.

What I have not read yet is that while the eye test tells me our DL lost the trenches today, if you look at some stats they actually played well.  I was surprised that during key times and drives of the game Basham was in for Rousseau and Eli in for Oliver.  That may or may not mean anything but it was notable as the DL rotations lately have been less scripted.

Anywho, a win is a win, ugly or clean this is the playoffs you do not advance on statistics or prettiness, you advance on wins.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

Perfectly fine with Dorsey taking the HC job in Carolina, if offered.  The 'boom or bust' personality of the offense is not suited for long payoff runs, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What can you say when your dumbass coach calls not one, but TWO timeouts when the Fish were down to nothing on the play clock?  Once to wipe out the 4th down stop and give McDaniel the option to punt, and once again to wipe out Tremaine Edmunds making a stop to bring up 3rd and 10.  Weird.

The 4th down timeout while I cursed it immediately wheb I saw the replay it was 100% the right call. The Bills defense was not set at all the Dolphins had 3 guys wide open right off the line. Skylar Thompson made a poor low percentage throw but man if he makes a good one even a short slant to the other side it could well have gone the distance. Judging it once you know the outcome, sure you'd like it back.... but that is a play you use a timeout. 4th down big moment and your D isn't close to set

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.