Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

Just now, Beck Water said:

I will say this.  If there’s one coach who could pull out all the stops and come up with a super creative game plan to outfox Reid, that would be Pederson

He’s not doing that to Mahomes KC is headed to the AFC title game…again…whether or not the Bills meet them for part 3 we will see 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I give Doug Pederson at least some chance to beat the Chiefs.  Staley could never do it.

The Jaguars have the type of offense that can cause fits for the Chiefs. Engram is a huge X-factor. Meanwhile the Jags D has Josh Allen which means they have a chance.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Somehow I find it weirdly exhilarating to watch this epic Chargers collapse. After how they screwed San Diego they deserve it. 
And no way Mahomes or Allen are scoring 3 points in the second half of a game like this. Herbert, you are not in their class. 

Mahomes scored 3 points in the second half of the AFCCG last year.....

Edit: Now that I think about it, Mahomes scored 3 points in the 2nd half of a super bowl too.....(9 points total no TDs)

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Lawrence is in THAT conversation now. What a gutsy performance.

Not quite.  That comeback that Lawrence engineered was fantastic and he played great showing a lot of grit.  But he did throw 4 INT's in the first half.  You just can't forget that.  I would say that Lawrence is CLOSE to being in that conversation but he's not there yet.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t like it either. If the opposing team wants to ice the kicker without a warm-up snap, the coach can’t wait that long to call the timeout. 

When has it become a “rule” that the kicking team can’t snap the ball when TO is being called to ice? 

I saw the same thing in a recent game, coach calls a TO to ice the kicker, ref runs out in front of the holder to make sure the "practice" kick can't get off.  Have never seen that in prior years.  Not sure it matters much really.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I took the Chargers minus 1.5. Thanks.

I had the Chargers -2.5, but Draft Kings gave me a 25 dollar free bet so I put it on the Jags to win. All I needed was the the Chargers to not win by 2 or 1. These teams lol.

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Exactly!! And that what separates him from being on Josh Allen level. Hebert is built like Tarzan but too often plays like Jane. The question is that on Herbert or is that coaching

On the 4 yard line.. why aren’t you running your stud RB 3 times to get the TD? Why are you even throwing it? Eat time off the clock and score a TD on the ground!  That’s coaching.. trust me I’ve seen a lot of bad O coaching that there was Patricia bad!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.