Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Has to be Jackson.  They have the same amount of cap space right now as the bills.  Are they getting dhop and signing Jackson for a 4m cap hit this year when Jackson wants the money he wants?

Why would the announce that Lamar has re-signed on draft day?  It’s not that…has to be Hopkins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yep. 22 is better than 27. It's pretty simple if it's coming down to that (the late first/34th overall swap).

One caveat: the Ravens don't have many picks:

Round 1, Pick No. 22

Round 3, Pick No. 86

Round 4, Pick No. 124

Round 5, Pick No. 157

Round 6, Pick No. 199

If Lamar signs an extension to lower the 2023 cap hit that can fit Dhop without him renegotiating, then we are screwed. If they can't, then Dhop has a say in this matter which could help us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Why would the announce that Lamar has re-signed on draft day?  It’s not that…has to be Hopkins. 

Because like I said, why would Lamar be happy that the money he wants to be the highest paid player is going to obj and dhop instead of him?

And they didn't announce anything.  Lamar just sent a SpongeBob gif.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would think it's Lamar 

It's Lamar, national media guys started posting about a resolution to negotiations coming soon a few minutes after this poorly worded tweet by the local guy was posted. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Because like I said, why would Lamar be happy that the money he wants to be the highest paid player is going to obj and dhop instead of him?

He’s cemented in his position that DHop isn’t coming to Buffalo so he’s going to take any info as proof to make his case. 

Not saying we’re getting DHop, none of us know, but there’s so much smoke it has to be a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He’s cemented in his position that DHop isn’t coming to Buffalo so he’s going to take any info as proof to make his case. 

Not saying we’re getting DHop, none of us know, but there’s so much smoke it has to be a possibility. 

That's fine.  I'm not even saying he's coming to buffalo either.  Just doesn't seem like the smartest move by Ravens if it is for dhop unless they plan on switching to Huntley after this year.

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Touché, I stand corrected 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Seems like it's about a Jackson extension based on things out there.  The question will become whether a Hopkins trade might be in addition to it.

The fact this happened on draft day is bad news. Ravens probably folded and will give Jackson what he wanted. OBJ and Hopkins.

• Agree 1

Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills could trade for star wide receiver

According to former player Adam 'Pacman' Jones, many of his sources around the league tell him that the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills are the front runners to acquire DeAndre Hopkins. "My sources just hit me and said Bills and KC...my sources said...that something might happen."

This report became a hit during Pacman's participation in the Pat McAfee Show and he went further by saying that, if a trade was in place, it could very well be put in place on Draft Day (April 27).

During the last weeks, the Chiefs were linked to Odell Beckham Jr, but the wide receiver ended up signing with the Baltimore Ravens. Even after losing Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins, Patrick Mahomes was the leader of an explosive offense. Just imagine if DeAndre Hopkins arrives.

In the case of the Bills, they seem to be just one step away from the Super Bowl. Though Stefon Diggs is definitely their primary receiver, DeAndre Hopkins could make them have the best WR tandem in the NFL. Then, the sky would be the limit for Josh Allen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-news-chiefs-and-bills-in-the-fight-to-trade-for-a-star-wide-receiver/ar-AA1aqbN8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=de6bf82f7e984d9fb957148f9722ba52&ei=16

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The fact this happened on draft day is bad news. Ravens probably folded and will give Jackson what he wanted. OBJ and Hopkins.

He wanted to get paid. Not get better receivers.  He has Andrews for that.

Baltimore had to have it's QB, but he's not worth what they are going to end up paying.  Great runner,  good passer, but the best ability is availability.  He's been lacking in that regard and living off an award from his rookie season. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s no way on earth the Ravens are gonna trade for Hopkins.  It will be hard enough for Lamar to get OBJ enough targets.  

If the Ravens were to be considered out of it simply because they have OBJ and need to get him targets then that would mean we would have to be out of it because we have Diggs and he needs targets.

I think the Ravens are out of it because they just had to give a giant bag to Lamar, just gave 15 million to OBJ, and the cryptic posts that people were reading into being Hopkins was actually just Lamar getting his deal.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is in line with what the Baltimore insiders were saying yesterday. They were trying to finalize Lamar so they knew the cap space to get Hopkins done. That's all folks, Hopkins to Baltimore

He’s a Bill. This is Beane’s make or break season to win a super bowl. Hopkins is the best option to make that a reality.