Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

55 minutes ago, Mcg said:

The most important is his catching  Ability which none of the  Receivers had last year besides diggs.

True. Hopkins lost a step. He doesn’t run precise routes. But he overcomes that with some of the best hands in the game. More significantly, those hands could offset Allen’s wayward throws. 

• Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

No. If we plow more resources (mostly cap space) into assets that only offer returns for the next two years rather than long term ones of course it’ll be worse three to five years from now. I’m not sure how you’re even debating that.

Allen will be in his 30’s in five years. And with his playing style, who knows how banged up he’ll be. Hate to say it, but look at how quickly Cam fell off. Allen is better, but physical play has the chance of shortening anyones career.

We need to go all-in when he’s in his 20’s.

If Beane had made the trade for Von in 2021, instead of the Rams, the Bills have a lombardi right now in my opinion. All we needed is 1 extra stop against the Chiefs. Von would have given us that.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we get this done and Hyatt is on the board at 27, that would be really interesting if we’d take him

If we add DHop then think you wait on WR maybe get one in Round 3/4/5 to develop into a RedZone guy that might replace Gabe. That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Airseven said:

True. Hopkins lost a step. He doesn’t run precise routes. But he overcomes that with some of the best hands in the game. More significantly, those hands could offset Allen’s wayward throws. 

Have you ever had an accurate take on something?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we add DHop then think you wait on WR maybe get one in Round 3/4/5 to develop into a RedZone guy that might replace Gabe. That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

yea, the massive TE from Georgia would be a good piece to add as well

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That said I'm not a Gabe Hater but I can't see him sticking around if Diggs and DHop are our 1 & 2.

If we get Dhop, I don’t think Gabe Davis is even on the team anymore. I think he’d be headed to Arizona as part of the trade package.

• Disagree 3

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

If we get Dhop, I don’t think Gabe Davis is even on the team anymore. I think he’d be headed to Arizona as part of the trade package.

We need to add to Diggs and Davis, not add and subtract. Gabe had a down year last year after starting the season with a high ankle sprain that he pushed through.

Beane talked up the hope to have him as a Bill for years to come after his rookie contract. I don't think we're giving up on him nor do I think we should. He's done his best stuff when he's had two other WR's taking the bulk of the coverage.

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from what we had as depth behind Diggs and Davis. But I'd rather sprinkle them in than have them be our go to guys if something were to happen to Diggs or Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hopefully not, Gabe is what 23? 24? 

Diggs and Dhop are past 30, surely an OC can figure out how to use all 3.

And yes, I'm just as mad as everyone else Davis dropped a few balls that could have won games, doesn't mean he's trash though.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We need to add to Diggs and Davis, not add and subtract. Gabe had a down year last year after starting the season with a high ankle sprain that he pushed through.

Beane talked up the hope to have him as a Bill for years to come after his rookie contract. I don't think we're giving up on him nor do I think we should. He's done his best stuff when he's had two other WR's taking the bulk of the coverage.

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from what we had as depth behind Diggs and Davis. But I'd rather sprinkle them in than have them be our go to guys if something were to happen to Diggs or Hopkins.

Gabe Davis is not good enough. Simple as that. He can’t make plays for the QB. He can catch the ball when he’s wide open. So unless the OC dials up a great play or Allen buys time Davis isn’t getting the football.

I think he surprised himself catching that deep ball with Fitzpatrick all over him. That’s what we need more of. He typically fumbles those plays one on one contested.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gabe Davis is not good enough. Simple as that. He can’t make plays for the QB. He can catch the ball when he’s open. So unless the OC dials up a great play or Allen buys time Davis isn’t getting the football.

Davis has numerous toe drag and deep pass plays, very difficult to make

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

The drops can and will be corrected. Gabe Davis will look like Tee Higgins 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

Scramble drill toe drag catches. Gabe Davis will never ever look like Tee Higgins.

He’s not a playmaker. Zero YAC. Poor contested catch rating.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

He's a playmaker 

Big Game Gabe

I find it ironic he is called “Big Game Gabe”.  Because he is literally exactly that…one big game a season where he has literally only 3 career 100 yard games, one in each season.  He has literally never had more than 1 game with a 100 yards in any season.

And in 7 playoff games, he’s only had 2 big games.  KC last year and Miami this year.  

This is a classic case where the lore of one game (KC) creates this inflated reputation that isn’t really accurate.

• Like (+1) 3