Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Whoops, typo.  I meant page 163

The ways of the mystical number require hieratic powers beyond ordinary ken. I am confident you will get resolution on this, though perhaps less sure about 163.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Whoops, typo.  I meant page 163

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The ways of the mystical number require hieratic powers beyond ordinary ken. I am confident you will get resolution on this, though perhaps less sure about 163.

pg154
1+5+4=  10

pg163
1+6+3= 10

OR IS IT 

pg172

1+7+2= 10

Maybe pg 181

1+8+1 = 10

pg 190 or bust

1+9+0= 10

the magic of 10s

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

pg154
1+5+4=  10

pg163
1+6+3= 10

OR IS IT 

pg172

1+7+2= 10

Maybe pg 181

1+8+1 = 10

pg 190 or bust

1+9+0= 10

the magic of 10s

Ah, this is possible, though Beck Water earlier opined that the gnostic arithmetic was constructed upon a different base number. And there is yet the secret arcana of gematria to consider . . .   

• Shocked 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/27/report-deandre-hopkins-receives-permission-from-cardinals-to-seek-trade/

Cardinals receiver DeAndre Hopkins continues to be the focal point of trade talk. He now has permission to talk to other teams.

Via Albert Breer of SI.com, Hopkins has received permission to shop his contract elsewhere.

Hopkins has a non-guaranteed compensation package of $19.45 million in 2023. He turns 31 on June 6.

Hopkins, who not long ago was the highest-paid receiver in the NFL, has slipped as the market exploded. And while the market will still generate major dollars for the best of the best, the availability of young, healthy receivers makes it hard to justify giving significant dollars to aging players with injury issues and, in Hopkins’s case, a six-game PED suspension last year.

Even though he insists he didn’t intentionally consume performance-enhancing drugs, the positive test happened. The suspension happened.

Although Hopkins’ salary isn’t guaranteed, the Cardinals may have to pay some of it to facilitate a trade. If they can’t find a taker, they need to ask whether to carry a $30.75 million cap number to keep him on the team — or to cut him, at a cap charge of $22.6 million.

After June 1 (or with a post-June 1 move now), the Cardinals could split the cap hit over two years, $11.3 million in 2023 and $11.3 million in 2024.

For now, the Cardinals prefer to unload the contract while also getting value. To get value, they may have to pay some salary.

For a new team, the challenge may be figuring out a contract that makes Hopkins happy. Part of this process may result in Hopkins realizing the numbers won’t quite be where he thought they’d be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/27/report-deandre-hopkins-receives-permission-from-cardinals-to-seek-trade/

Cardinals receiver DeAndre Hopkins continues to be the focal point of trade talk. He now has permission to talk to other teams.

Via Albert Breer of SI.com, Hopkins has received permission to shop his contract elsewhere.

Hopkins has a non-guaranteed compensation package of $19.45 million in 2023. He turns 31 on June 6.

Hopkins, who not long ago was the highest-paid receiver in the NFL, has slipped as the market exploded. And while the market will still generate major dollars for the best of the best, the availability of young, healthy receivers makes it hard to justify giving significant dollars to aging players with injury issues and, in Hopkins’s case, a six-game PED suspension last year.

Even though he insists he didn’t intentionally consume performance-enhancing drugs, the positive test happened. The suspension happened.

Although Hopkins’ salary isn’t guaranteed, the Cardinals may have to pay some of it to facilitate a trade. If they can’t find a taker, they need to ask whether to carry a $30.75 million cap number to keep him on the team — or to cut him, at a cap charge of $22.6 million.

After June 1 (or with a post-June 1 move now), the Cardinals could split the cap hit over two years, $11.3 million in 2023 and $11.3 million in 2024.

For now, the Cardinals prefer to unload the contract while also getting value. To get value, they may have to pay some salary.

For a new team, the challenge may be figuring out a contract that makes Hopkins happy. Part of this process may result in Hopkins realizing the numbers won’t quite be where he thought they’d be.

We can likely find a way to pay him more actual $$$ but lower the cap hit

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

The exorbitant price was talked about yesterday. No way AZ gets another team to absorb all that salary and gets premium picks ala CMC as well. They will have to come down from that or keep a disgruntled player at a high cost.

I think Monti Ossenfort (GM Cardinals) is over Brandon Beane's left shoulder in the GM photo taken today that was just posted.  All I am saying is what I am seeing here....

FsPwDK-akAAFUJP.jpeg

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, JoeF said:

I think Monti Ossenfort (GM Cardinals) is over Brandon Beane's left shoulder in the GM photo just posted.  All I am saying is what I am seeing here....

FsPwDK-akAAFUJP.jpeg

Not exactly the meeting at Yalta, but who doesn't like a humorous conspiratorial theory with photographic evidence?

• Haha (+1) 3

Hopefully Beane has dug his heels in and doesn’t overpay to overpay.  Building a WR room with guys over 30 being paid $20 mil each per isn’t the recipe for sustained success.

Nothing higher than a 3rd and 5th, with them eating like 40% of his salary this year. Something in that vicinity for an aging, overpaid WR one mistake away from a season long suspension.