Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

8 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Cincy will start to unravel in a couple years.  Luxury of having alot of superstars, on rookie deals.  But kudos to them for building what they have.

Yes, KC has diversified their spending/have stars at key positions.

This is basically my point.  Very few teams actually pay for 2 top-$ WR contracts.  That $ is better used elsewhere.  I'd be putting more into the OL, instead of Dhop.

If Beane bucks the trend, and his own personal philosophy on team building, that would be very surprising to me.  Exciting to get Dhop yes, but at a cost that can't be shrugged off as easy as many here suggest.

it’s a 2 year deal at the moment. Longevity of that is a big consideration on whether it truly impacts team building or is just coming from the shiny toy fund

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

There's alot I disagree with here, just to hit on a cpl points:

1. Offense: we had a dominate offense early in season, not just "good".  Not having to punt the ball is proof of that.  Yes offense cooled but nobody knows how much is attributed to Josh elbow vs playcalling vs defenses adjusting (probably a bit of all).

2. Tragedy: everyone handles differently, it's a bit harsh to not cut slack for everything this team went thru LY

Respect your opinion, just disagree with alot of your views

Like I said, we were good in the beginning I’d the year. It definitely fell off a cliff at the end of the year though. To be at its worst in the game against Cinci. 

Come on with the tragedy. The thing with his brother happened in August. It shouldn’t have festered all season. 

I cut them no slack. They went through similar things everyday people go through on a daily basis. People lose family members. All of Buffalo dealt with the snowstorms and power outages. Everyday people are exhausted from work every single day. They don’t get paid millions of dollars to do it either. These guys are supposed to be professionals. I don’t buy any of it. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Hmm - the plot thickens. Check out Stevie Johnsons twitter account. He claims Dhop is on the way to the Bills. Says he is here in the city closing the deal.

He said something like that yesterday I think he could just be fueling the fire. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What would you suggest / offer 

The point is what Arizona would accept. Posters want Arizona to want Oliver and a late pick. They don’t. It’ll likely take a 2nd round pick plus some kind of later pick swap. And the obvious hang up is his contract both in terms of a re-structuring for a trade partner and the dead cap Arizona is forced to eat.

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Hmm - the plot thickens. Check out Stevie Johnsons twitter account. He claims Dhop is on the way to the Bills. Says he is here in the city closing the deal.

I don’t see anything new on his Twitter saying that.  He did tweet yesterday in reply to someone’s question that DHop was on his way.  But nothing I can see today. 

So just wondering if you were referring to yesterdays tweet or is there another one today I didn’t find or am missing?  

5 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I could be wrong, but didn't Stevie do/post something similar last season regarding a FA player(can't recall which player) that was believed to sign with Bills and nothing happened?

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t see anything new on his Twitter saying that.  He did tweet yesterday in reply to someone’s question that DHop was on his way.  But nothing I can see today. 

So just wondering if you were referring to yesterdays tweet or is there another one today I didn’t find or am missing?  

Crazy - it says he posted it 2 hours ago. But was it yesterday? Either way, pretty interesting is all.

6 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

This would be amazing.  He's practically the same age as OBJ yet without all the ACL's.  Do we dump Oliver's contract in this deal?  Do we save Shakir?

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Crazy - it says he posted it 2 hours ago. But was it yesterday? Either way, pretty interesting is all.

I definitely saw it last night at some point. I was up pretty late but I’d guess somewhere between 10pm and 2am. Don’t remember the exact time. I was in a DHop Vortex at the time. 

• Haha (+1) 1