Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s also ludicrous Sammy Watkins was literally playing with Jeff Tuel, Kyle Orton, and Tyrod Taylor give a young Sammy Watkins Josh Allen and tell me his career wouldn’t have been different 

Maybe Josh could’ve kept him out of the basement drinking himself silly ‘til the middle of the night

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

KC is likely thinking the same thing about Buffalo. They know Hopkins + Diggs is dangerous, and they don’t really have an answer for it either. Which is why it wouldn’t surprise me if their is a battle going on behind the scenes for Hopkins services. 

KC also lost JuJu and Hardmon so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe DHop gets hurt. Or performs on a level comparable with OBJ will with us. Maybe OBJ on the Bills outperforms Hopkins. Maybe we Draft someone like Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, or JSN who outperforms him.

DHop is a name. A very good player. Would love to have him. But let's stop with the "if he goes to the Chiefs we are doomed" mentality. Anything can happen.

I’m just thinking of it from a logical point of view. We barely beat KC with Kelce and JuJu. We don’t have the personnel to guard Hopkins and Kelce. OBJ doesn’t command the double teams like Hopkins does. Just like KC doesn’t have the personnel to guard Diggs and Hopkins. If it is between us, whoever lands Hopkins will win a super bowl. If Hopkins goes to KC, it’s over, sig it. 

Just now, Bigvinny said:

KC also lost JuJu and Hardmon so far.

Those 2 are fairly easily replaceable, they don’t scare teams. Hopkins + Kelce is a way more dangerous combo than JuJu/Har + Kelce. You can’t double both Hopkins and Kelce, and we already have a hard time covering Kelce. We would be screwed. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m just thinking of it from a logical point of view. We barely beat KC with Kelce and JuJu. We don’t have the personnel to guard Hopkins and Kelce. OBJ doesn’t command the double teams like Hopkins does. Just like KC doesn’t have the personnel to guard Diggs and Hopkins. If it is between us, whoever lands Hopkins will win a super bowl. If Hopkins goes to KC, it’s over, sig it. 

There is another team that has two really good WRs. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

OBJ doesn't command double teams? Since when? And as has been pointed out, they've lost JuJu and Hardman. Saying that both being lost and getting Hopkins alone makes them all of a sudden unbeatable is underselling what both brought to the team.

I get not wanting him to go to KC. But this idea that "we're doomed" if that happens is melodramatic.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Those 2 are fairly easily replaceable, they don’t scare teams. Hopkins + Kelce is a way more dangerous combo than JuJu/Har + Kelce. You can’t double both Hopkins and Kelce, and we already have a hard time covering Kelce. We would be screwed. 

Is there ever a time when you don’t think the buffalo organization is screwed? It’s not like the Chiefs have shown they have the personnel to guard Allen either. 

14 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe DHop gets hurt. Or performs on a level comparable with OBJ will with us. Maybe OBJ on the Bills outperforms Hopkins. Maybe we Draft someone like Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, or JSN who outperforms him.

DHop is a name. A very good player. Would love to have him. But let's stop with the "if he goes to the Chiefs we are doomed" mentality. Anything can happen.

Remember when Randy Moss went to the Pats?

1 minute ago, JJGauna said:

Remember when Randy Moss went to the Pats?

Yes, I do. But who says this is going to be the same thing? Who's to say he stays healthy? Who's to say Mahomes or Kelce stays healthy? Who's to say that Diggs + OBJ (or a 1st Round Pick) + a top end TE in the Draft can't compare with Hopkins, Toney, and Kelce?

I get not wanting him to come there and for him to play for us. But this attitude of "we're doomed" is just plain silly.

31 minutes ago, akcash said:

I remember on BBMB Shaunta like actually knew how good teams run and I was a sheep like alot of other people. I had my fist up in the air with Russ Brandon when we dumbly traded up to get Sammy Watkins one of the initial historic WR drafts of all time. 

I’m sore I could figure it out in about 30 seconds by doing a search but wasn’t Watkins a pick made by Whaley? 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’m sore I could figure it out in about 30 seconds by doing a search but wasn’t Watkins a pick made by Whaley? 

Yeah he was. When they picked him Whaley and RB were shown on tv in the old war room ha. It was pretty epic. 

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes and they failed to win a Super Bowl when he was there.

Yeah but They did break just about every offensive record in the history of the game that year. Passing TDs, Recieving TDs, points/gm, margin of victory, record number of wins…

Just now, mrags said:

Yeah but They did break just about every offensive record in the history of the game that year. Passing TDs, Recieving TDs, points/gm, margin of victory, record number of wins…

Stats and records mean nothing, only Super Bowl wins. I've heard that a million times on here. 

45 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s also ludicrous Sammy Watkins was literally playing with Jeff Tuel, Kyle Orton, and Tyrod Taylor give a young Sammy Watkins Josh Allen and tell me his career wouldn’t have been different 

You mean like in 2018 - 2020 when he was 4 years into the league (25y-27y old)  and average 500 yp season with mahomes?

please-do-go-on.gif

Edited by The Wiz