Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

3 hours ago, Success said:

I don't disagree w/ a lot of that. They can't be JAG's.  I also think Davis had a bad year, probably due to the injury, and still believe he can be a good receiver for us.

If we invest in a WR, I'd prefer to see it in the draft.  I see a few mocks w/ us going WR in the 1st, which wouldn't bother me (as long as 2 of the next 3 are O-line).

I’d like to think my elbow injury is why I can’t run for ***** but it’s unrealistic. Gabes ankle had nothing to do with him dropping ***** passes. 

Edited by BananaB

5 hours ago, Success said:

I'm pretty against investing more cap dollars on skill players.  The Pats (I know, I know) set the blueprint. They only went for one bigtime receiver while Brady was there, and notably, that did not yield a Lombardi.

Build the line. If Allen has time - he can get the ball to anyone.

I see your point the problem is even if Josh gets time the guys he throws to drop the ball at an alarmingly high rate. Adding another high end receiver and te isn’t a bad plan. 

Someone needs to contact Brandon Beane and say

"Hey, wanna play Hopkinsscotch?"

"Hippity Hopkins, Brandon"

"Wanna go bar Hopkins?"

"It's only a Hopkins, skip and a jump away, Brandon"

"Let's Hopkins to it"

Edited by Buffalo03

7 hours ago, Success said:

I'm pretty against investing more cap dollars on skill players.  The Pats (I know, I know) set the blueprint. They only went for one bigtime receiver while Brady was there, and notably, that did not yield a Lombardi.

Build the line. If Allen has time - he can get the ball to anyone.

He can get the ball to anyone. But will they catch it? Gabe Davis only caught 51% of his targets last season. McKenzie was at 65% before he was benched. That's a lot of drops. 

We only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract next season. And McKenzie is more likely than not going to be released. Last season proved that we can't just have Diggs and Davis and a bunch of slots. We need more playmakers. Beane is the first to say it.

I'm not in disagreement with you that we need O-Line improvements. But I do disagree with the idea that the O-Line is going to fix all the passing game's problems. Especially when we have holes to fill there beyond needing improvements.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

DO IT.  Arizona can retain salary and we can extend him a year or two to make it work. 

Ian tweeting this leads me to believe he'll be traded this afternoon. 

Would love to know how interested we are 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

6 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

With all the recent WR signings and upcoming draft, only way I see us in on a Hopkins trade would be if we’re shipping Gabe their way.  And I don’t really see there being mutual interest in that, let alone taking on Hopkins salary.

really depends what they want.  Based on the Cooks trade, I'll guess that a 3rd and a 4th in separate years is pretty close

I'd give them our 2024 2nd if they eat a big chunk of his salary 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

really depends what they want.  Based on the Cooks trade, I'll guess that a 3rd and a 4th in separate years is pretty close

I'd give them our 2024 2nd if they eat a big chunk of his salary 

I just don’t see the team spending a lot of assets on an older (albeit a HOFer) WR, trying to squeeze him into the current WR room, rather than look to draft a younger more affordable WR in the draft.  Diggs has been great, but age will likely start to catch up to him in the next few years.  Davis could be gone after this year.  The team needs to start finding longer term WR weapons for Josh.