Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

On 1/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Keeps getting better… crackhead Hunter was renting the house where the docs were found for $50 grand per month??? 😂 

good thing he had that big board job to pay the rent. 

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/16/joe-hunter-biden-delaware-residence-classified-documents/

What would you do without fake news, right ~ Mista Independent?

Anita Dunn was behind the decision to keep the classified documents story from the press

by John Sexton

So Joe Biden is finally, officially in trouble for something. While many in the media are eager to point out that Biden’s classified document scandal isn’t as bad in some ways as Trump’s classified document scandal, some realists have admitted that they’re similar enough that there’s probably not a lot to be gained here.

And one reason that’s true is that while Biden’s people did quickly call the National Archives to, in effect, turn themselves in once the documents were found, they sat on the findings as far as the public was concerned. If you’ve watched any of the White House press briefings this week then you already know this

If you’re not familiar with Dunn, she was the person behind the war on Fox News during the Obama administration. She’s been in and out of the White House since the start of the Biden administration. She helped come up with the phrase “ultra MAGA” and I strongly suspect she’s the person behind Biden’s border strategy PR, i.e. refusing to admit there’s a crisis and always referring to the situation as a “challenge.”

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/01/20/anita-dunn-was-behind-the-decision-to-keep-the-classified-documents-story-from-the-press-n525093

68 Days of Silence: Why the White House Stayed Mum on Classified Documents

Advisers to President Biden calculated that the Justice Department would view possession of the documents as little more than a good-faith mistake.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/20/us/politics/biden-classified-documents.html

Again, the "but, but but, we cooperated" gets destroyed by finding more documents 2 months later.  And the excuse that "we didn't know they were there" just means they criminally mishandled classified documents both in terms of not knowing where they put them, but putting them in highly insecure locations.

Again, if you want to charge Trump, you're going to have to charge Joke.  There are no 2 ways about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Turns out that this decent man was even taking them during his time as a senator. 

Awaiting someone as smart as chigoose to tell us why this is ok even though he didn’t actually return these of his own volition. Returning them and saying sorry might have been the ok/not ok line some were trying to draw. 

Can you imagine if this decent man DIDN’T take classified documents so seriously? That would really be a mess. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Turns out that this decent man was even taking them during his time as a senator. 

Awaiting someone as smart as chigoose to tell us why this is ok even though he didn’t actually return these of his own volition. Returning them and saying sorry might have been the ok/not ok line some were trying to draw. 

Can you imagine if this decent man DIDN’T take classified documents so seriously? That would really be a mess. 

I believe, as Chi does, in applying Occum’s Razor here:

That Biden was willing to break the law back to his days in the Senate, and that he obviously wasn't truthful on what was at his home is actually irrefutable proof of his innocence, lack of intent, and general trustworthiness.   It’s actually the people who don’t take the documents over a decade or more and tell the truth about their actions that you have to worry about.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I believe, as Chi does, in applying Occum’s Razor here:

That Biden was willing to break the law back to his days in the Senate, and that he obviously wasn't truthful on what was at his home is actually irrefutable proof of his innocence, lack of intent, and general trustworthiness.   It’s actually the people who don’t take the documents over a decade or more and tell the truth about their actions that you have to worry about.  

yup, this looks really bad.  on the good side, maybe we can find an honorable, smart, winning alternative.  Where's Howard Dean?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yup, this looks really bad.  on the good side, maybe we can find an honorable, smart, winning alternative.  Where's Howard Dean?

People are worried about finding top secret information with Joe Biden.

With Howard Dean, the concern was body parts buried under the new concrete pad in the backyard.  Thank you though for reminding me of this clip, probably the funniest minute in American  political history.  My absolute favorite is around 38 seconds, after the blood curdling scream, he laughs and looks around as if to say “I &*$&ing nailed that!”.  

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

People are worried about finding top secret information with Joe Biden.

With Howard Dean, the concern was body parts buried under the new concrete pad in the backyard.  Thank you though for reminding me of this clip, probably the funniest minute in American  political history.  My absolute favorite is around 38 seconds, after the blood curdling scream, he laughs and looks around as if to say “I &*$&ing nailed that!”.  

I never got why this was political suicide.  It was sincere, authentic excitement and justifiably so.  Refreshing.  He just won an early primary IIRC.  I really think this was establishment murder by the "media".  Whether they didn't think he could actually win or just upset the apple cart too much is just conjecture.  He was the trump of his time without the lies and deceit.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

I never got why this was political suicide.  It was sincere, authentic excitement and justifiably so.  He just one an early primary IIRC.  I really think this was establishment murder by the "media".  Whether they didn't think he could actually win or just upset the apple cart too much is just conjecture.

He sounded like he was about to bludgeon a kitten with a hockey stick.  The person responsible for the implosion of Howard Dean was Howard Dean.  

As a fan, what exactly was that sound he made?  It was like “EEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”.  It’s not a sound you hear in nature.  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He sounded like he was about to bludgeon a kitten with a hockey stick.  The person responsible for the implosion of Howard Dean was Howard Dean.  

As a fan, what exactly was that sound he made?  It was like “EEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”.  It’s not a sound you hear in nature.  

it's a sound you hear from real people with real convictions and emotions.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

it's a sound you hear from real people with real convictions and emotions.

Serial killers, too, maybe. 

All I can tell you is other real people with real convictions and emotions disagreed with you in a really massive way.  His collapse was cataclysmic and nearly instantaneous.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Serial killers, too, maybe. 

All I can tell you is other real people with real convictions and emotions disagreed with you in a really massive way.  His collapse was cataclysmic and nearly instantaneous.  

maybe because they played it nonstop on a loop on every network, without context, for a week?  And Fox wasn't there to prop him up or Evangelicals.  That should have been right up their alley.  But yes, many American voters are stupid...

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

maybe because they played it nonstop on a loop on every network, without context, for a week?  And Fox wasn't there to prop him up or Evangelicals.  That should have been right up their alley.  But yes, many American voters are stupid...

You are aboard the Howard Dean train and calling others stupid. That’s something. 

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

One could say the same about Houch Dean, it would seem. His tens and tens of post-primal-scream admirers weren’t enough to carry the day.  It happens, Red, and revisiting is doesn’t help anyone.  Well, it helps me because that clip is priceless.  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

One could say the same about Houch Dean, it would seem. His tens and tens of post-primal-scream admirers weren’t enough to carry the day.  It happens, Red, and revisiting is doesn’t help anyone.  Well, it helps me because that clip is priceless.  

no f'in idea what your on about.  I liked Mr Smith Goes to Washington.  Idealism is fine by me.

33 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no f'in idea what your on about.  I liked Mr Smith Goes to Washington.  Idealism is fine by me.

You’re on a 45 minute bender about a guy who’s presidential aspirations ended nearly 20 years ago, and don’t know what I’m about?  

I understand you thought he was the real deal and that others couldn’t see his brilliance for what it was.  I’ll end where I started—it’s a funny clip, and for my money, one of the funniest.  That’s pretty much it with regard to Howard Dean.  

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re on a 45 minute bender about a guy who’s presidential aspirations ended nearly 20 years ago, and don’t know what I’m about?  

I understand you thought he was the real deal and that others couldn’t see his brilliance for what it was.  I’ll end where I started—it’s a funny clip, and for my money, one of the funniest.  That’s pretty much it with regard to Howard Dean.  

sadly, I agree.  In todays America there's no place for a man like him.  Now trump...

15 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Like ones going to do 10-15 in Sing Sing.

i suspect he's doing just fine in Vermont

Peggy Noonan wrote in the Wall Street Journal that

he doesn't seem like a WASP. I know it's not nice to deal in stereotypes, but there seems very little Thurston Howell, III, or George Bush, the elder, for that matter, in Mr. Dean. ... He seems unpolished, doesn't hide his aggression, is proudly pugnacious. He doesn't look or act the part of the WASP ... It will be harder for Republicans to tag Mr. Dean as Son of the Maidstone Club than it was for Democrats to tag Bush One as Heir to Greenwich Country Day. He just doesn't act the part.[18]

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

sadly, I agree.  In todays America there's no place for a man like him.  Now trump...

Well, at the risk of derailing this topic even further, put your political animus on hold for 30 seconds.  

What Donald Trump accomplished was unprecedented in American politics. He was the butt of jokes and commentary throughout his campaign, and was subject to breathless reporting about ties to Russia, hookers and international espionage.  He was up against the R establishment and the Bush dynasty, and when he dispatched them, he took on the hand-selected successor of a popular president and his anointed heir-apparent.  He beat her and just about broke her emotionally in the process.  

If Howard Dean had 10% of the situational awareness, brand management and ‘F off, I’m pushing forward” skills of DJT, we might be having a different conversation today.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, at the risk of derailing this topic even further, put your political animus on hold for 30 seconds.  

What Donald Trump accomplished was unprecedented in American politics. He was the butt of jokes and commentary throughout his campaign, and was subject to breathless reporting about ties to Russia, hookers and international espionage.  He was up against the R establishment and the Bush dynasty, and when he dispatched them, he took on the hand-selected successor of a popular president and his anointed heir-apparent.  He beat her and just about broke her emotionally in the process.  

If Howard Dean had 10% of the situational awareness, brand management and ‘F off, I’m pushing forward” skills of DJT, we might be having a different conversation today.   

I stopped reading at hookers...I've read that there's particularly virulent strain of gonorrhea circulating and we all know about the history of syphylis in world "leaders"  and no, it's not communicable from cigars

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What Donald Trump accomplished was destroying what little sanity remained in the GOP in self service to his ego. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Howard Dean got drummed out by the elites like they drummed out Bernie in 2016.  They wanted one of the Johns. Kerry or Edwards. 

So they played it non stop on TV and told us he was nuts.  who is going to argue CNN forever its marching orders from the DNC?  He was excited. What's wrong with that?

We would have been better of with him than a second disastrous Bush term.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Howard Dean got drummed out by the elites like they drummed out Bernie in 2016.  They wanted one of the Johns. Kerry or Edwards. 

So they played it non stop on TV and told us he was nuts.  who is going to argue CNN forever its marching orders from the DNC?  He was excited. What's wrong with that?

I had a Howard Dean bumper sticker on my pick up truck back then 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

What Donald Trump accomplished was destroying what little sanity remained in the GOP in self service to his ego. 

Red lamented the treatment Crazy Train Dean received from the media and whomever.  The reality is he blew up his own campaign and lacked the intestinal fortitude/character to get back in the game.

When comparing his tepid and impotent campaign and brand management to that of Donald Trump, one kicked establishment politics in the nuts and powered through media manipulation 1000x what Dean faced, the other moves to the scrap heap of history.  

These are facts, sir. 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Fully agree.  Now let's define elites.  If you mean the corporate, big money behind who wins elections, I fully agree.  If you mean something else, I likely don't.