Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

Well, if we want to talk about "Senators"

Personal Lawyers Admit Joe Biden Took Classified Documents Home When He Was a Senator

“DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President. DOJ also took for further review personally handwritten notes from the vice-presidential years.”

That statement was written by Joe Biden’s personal attorney, Bob Bauer.  That’s interesting on many levels, including the fact that Bob Bauer is married to Anita Dunn. Mrs. Anita Dunn is one of the original people who helped put Barack Obama in the White House; and Dunn worked with President Obama throughout his terms.  Additionally, Anita Dunn is on the short list to replace Biden’s outgoing Chief of Staff, Ron Klain.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/01/22/personal-lawyers-of-joe-biden-admit-he-took-classified-documents-home-when-biden-was-a-senator/

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3823343-doj-search-of-biden-home-turned-up-six-more-classified-documents-lawyer/

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/21/doj-finds-6-more-classified-documents-at-bidens-delaware-home-00078889

😂

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Red lamented the treatment Crazy Train Dean received from the media and whomever.  The reality is he blew up his own campaign and lacked the intestinal fortitude/character to get back in the game.

When comparing his tepid and impotent campaign and brand management to that of Donald Trump, one kicked establishment politics in the nuts and powered through media manipulation 1000x what Dean faced, the other moves to the scrap heap of history.  

These are facts, sir. 

Man, I gotta get my hands on whatever you’re smoking. 

• Like (+1) 1

Breaking News: DOJ finds SIX new classified documents at Biden's Delaware mansion:
12-hour search was kept secret as president remains unremorseful and his chief of staff plans to quit

by James Gordon

The Department of Justice has revealed how a search of President Joe Biden's home in Wilmington, Delaware, has found another six classified documents.   The search was conducted in secret on Friday and lasted for about 13 hours.  The Justice Department 'took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President's service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President,' Bob Bauer, the president's personal attorney said in a statement. The prosecutors also 'took for further review personally handwritten notes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11662373/DOJ-finds-SIX-new-classified-documents-Bidens-Delaware-mansion-12-hour-search-kept-secret.html

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

A thread about a career Washington swamp creature keeping classified docs from his time as VP AND Senator is now about Howard friggin Dean?

@redtail hawk all time champion PPP thread derailer.

I have to take my share of the blame for this.   When Red got all misty about Dean, it reminded me of the Dean Death Scream.   I thought we would laugh about it and move on, but as he spun media conspiracy tales and spoke of elitist political power brokers, I couldn’t turn away.  

You really only have to peel back a layer or two before all the conspiracy talk is ok and there are hobos on grassy knolls.     

I’m committed to moving forward from here.  Rest in peace, Howard Dean Presidential Aspirations 2004.  

Back to the thread, seems that the DOJ trusting an irresponsible, defiant and reckless guardian of top secret intel was pretty naive.  Imagine what they would have found spending time independently reviewing H Clinton’s situation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Back to the thread, seems that the DOJ trusting an irresponsible, defiant and reckless guardian of top secret intel was pretty naive.  Imagine what they would have found spending time independently reviewing H Clinton’s situation. 

Well she did wipe that server, like with a cloth, so need for any extra scrutiny there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well she did wipe that server, like with a cloth, so need for any extra scrutiny there.

Well, she had to hide the evidence that she murdered Seth Rich because he ate more than his share of children at the last voodoo cooking party where they planned how to hand the country over to China.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

REPORT: Thousands of Classified Docs May Have Been Discovered During 13 Hour Search

By Collin Rugg

January 22, 2023

On Friday, more classified documents were found at President Joe Biden’s home in Delaware after a 13 hour search.

Initially, news outlets widely reported that only six classified documents were found in the home.

“Six more Classified Documents were discovered at Joe Biden’s Wilmington home during a search conducted by The Department of Justice,” tweeted Alx on Twitter.

“THEY JUST FOUND SIX MORE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS AT JOE BIDEN’S HOUSE!” the House Judiciary GOP Twitter account posted.

One Twitter user pointed out however that President Biden’s attorney Bob Bauer’s statement was deceptively worded to trick the public into thinking there were only six classified documents when there may have been much more.

“They did not find “six more classified documents”. They found materials “including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials”,” tweeted Hans Mahncke.

“This is extremely crafty legalese,” he continued. “Huge red flag. “Six items” could mean 1000 documents for all we know.”

Upon reading the statement more closely, Mahncke was right.

“DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President,” Bob Bauer, Biden’s personal lawyer, said in a statement. “DOJ also took for further review personally handwritten notes from the vice-presidential years.”

“Are we ignoring that it was a 12 hour, 45 minute search?   That’s a very long search for what they are calling a “cooperative” search. Something doesn’t add up.”

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/report-thousands-of-classified-docs-may-have-been-discovered-during-13-hour-search/

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

This is all going to end with no charges of course.

it will instead end with Biden not allowed to run in 2024. Which he wasn't ever going to do anyway. It won't be because of anything else like dementia or his awful record.. In fact we will be reminded of the stellar Biden administration accomplishments....but unfortunately the classified docs took him down. The media will remind us of this all day, every day.

And if he can't run then guess who else can't?

Sacrificing the empty vessel that is Joe Biden to deep six any chance the great orange menace had. 

Brilliant.

Edited by BillsFanNC

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

A thread about a career Washington swamp creature keeping classified docs from his time as VP AND Senator is now about Howard friggin Dean?

@redtail hawk all time champion PPP thread derailer.

yes, because these threads have previously been so concise and focused

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is all going to end with no charges of course.

it will instead end with Biden not allowed to run in 2024. Which he wasn't ever going to do anyway. It won't be because of anything else like dementia or his awful record.. In fact we will be reminded of the stellar Buden administration accomplishments....but unfortunately the classified docs took him down. The media will remind us of this all day, every day.

And if he can't run then guess who else can't?

Sacrificing the empty vessel that is Joe Biden to deep six any chance the great orange menace had. 

Brilliant.

It will end with no charges for Biden. 

There will be nothing to prevent Biden from running in 2024 if he wants to. 

Biden's Defenders Are Running out of Excuses for His Criminality

21285e29-d2dc-4425-860b-bd99c246aa9e-860

On Saturday, we learned that yet another batch of classified documents was found at Joe Biden’s Wilmington, DE home. This time, in what can only be called a serious escalation, the DOJ was conducting the search, and the discoveries made blew the scandal wide open.

Far from the initial excuse offered by the White House that some briefings had just accidentally gotten swept up in the packing process of Biden’s vice presidential office, this newest find contained classified documents from his senatorial days. As I explained in my write-up on that revelation, it is improbable to accidentally take classified information as a senator because of the security protocols, which logically means Biden had to have known what he took and why he took it.

Early on in the scandal, I commented that every person going out on a limb to defend Biden would eventually have it sawed off out from under them. That’s happened multiple times at this point with the slow-roll of documents being found coupled with the White House’s purposeful obfuscation of the timeline. These latest developments have the left running out of ways to move the goalposts, though.

For example, some are still trying to draw a distinction that Biden is in the clear because he’s supposedly cooperating, whatever that means given he illegally possessed these documents for years, and in regard to some of them, decades.

{snip}

To recap, Biden’s defenders started by asserting that this was all no big deal because it was just one trove of documents that were inadvertently packed up as he left the Obama administration behind. Then, after a second set of documents was found in the president’s garage, they assured everyone that it was fine because he was cooperating and being transparent.

Of course, that wasn’t true. To the extent that cooperation was happening, it was because Biden no longer had a choice, and as to transparency, there was none.

The administration covered up the timeline until the DOJ revealed that the second set of documents was found in December. That means that Karine Jean-Pierre and other Biden surrogates dishonestly framed the first set of documents as a one-off knowing there were more. By the time the special counsel was appointed, things took a darker turn, with the White House becoming increasingly combative.

Now, with a fifth trove of documents being discovered, this time by the DOJ itself, claims that Biden was unaware he had all this stuff no longer make any sense, and that’s left his defenders nowhere else to go. That’s why they are now spouting these silly, meaningless qualifications about Biden consenting to the search. Who knew that if a criminal doesn’t obstruct his own investigation after being caught, the crime simply ceases to exist? That’s where we are in the line of ridiculous excuses being offered.

No matter how much the left asserts otherwise, the fact is that Biden violated the law. To the extent that Trump possibly did so in a different way (though, he has the legal case to make that he declassified the documents he possessed, a power Biden did not have) is irrelevant. The standard of the law is not “but the orange man.” Cooperation after the fact does not make a crime disappear. If it does in this case, then the fix was simply in.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/22/bidens-defenders-are-running-out-of-excuses-for-his-criminality-n692491

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, she had to hide the evidence that she murdered Seth Rich because he ate more than his share of children at the last voodoo cooking party where they planned how to hand the country over to China.

The most simple explanation is that since it was already established and acknowledged that ahe was extremely reckless and careless in handling the data, common sense suggests at a minimum the DOJ should have been concerned that she would be extremely reckless and careless when authorized to self-censor.  

With the Biden scandal widening, and an additional trove of documents being found after he supposedly cleaned everything up, it is fair to ask whether this sort of thing is a big deal or not.   

From my perspective, the DOJ is suggesting it’s only a big deal when they decide to make it a big deal.  

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Man, I gotta get my hands on whatever you’re smoking. 

I feel like lately, I’ve been smoking your arguments that major political players were unlikely to have these types of documents in their possession, and that Biden by refusing to comply with laws since the time he was vice president oops senator was fully cooperating with the DOJ. 

Biden-2-110x85.jpg   GETTING “THERE” YET?

On Friday President Biden declared that there was “no there there” in the matter of his illegal possession of classified documents. This after the discovery of three or four such sets of docs in low places including the detached garage housing his Corvette at his Wilmington residence.

Last night news broke that yet another set of classified documents was found at Biden’s Wilmington home — this set including documents that date back to his days as a United States Senator (i.e., between January 1973 and January 2009). Are we getting “there” yet?

Among the outlets covering the story are the New York Times, the Associated Press, CNN, and The Hill. Essentially all that we know is based on statements released by Biden personal attorney Bob Bauer and White House Special Counsel Richard Sauber.

According to Bauer, the Department of Justice requested that the search not be made public in advance. Thus no stakeout or live coverage by CNN. All this was “in accordance with [DOJ’s] standard procedures, and we agreed to cooperate.” The Times adds that “Bauer did not indicate what had prompted the search, saying only that the president’s lawyers had offered to provide access for a search ‘in the interest of moving the process forward as expeditiously as possible.’”

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/01/getting-there-yet.php

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

How could anyone be so irresponsible ??

Yes but this decent man cooperated in turning over the documents he had in his possession since at least 2008 and he takes it all very seriously. Let’s move on already!

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I feel like lately, I’ve been smoking your arguments that major political players were unlikely to have these types of documents in their possession, and that Biden by refusing to comply with laws since the time he was vice president oops senator was fully cooperating with the DOJ. 

Well, you’re very much misconstruing my arguments, but no surprises there. Just par for the course here on PPP. 

Biden having the documents is bad. But what separates his case from Trump’s is that when the documents were discovered, he immediately notified authorities and turned them in before launching a search to see if there were more. In fact, it appears that they even had the DoJ come in and conduct a search. 

If it comes out through the investigation that Biden was aware of the documents the whole time, that changes things. But there’s no evidence of that so far, just rampant speculation. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, you’re very much misconstruing my arguments, but no surprises there. Just par for the course here on PPP. 

Biden having the documents is bad. But what separates his case from Trump’s is that when the documents were discovered, he immediately notified authorities and turned them in before launching a search to see if there were more. In fact, it appears that they even had the DoJ come in and conduct a search. 

If it comes out through the investigation that Biden was aware of the documents the whole time, that changes things. But there’s no evidence of that so far, just rampant speculation. 

Turned them in immediately and then tried to keep the news from seeing the light of day. 

Logic, your self-described speciality, tells us that Biden was most likely unaware that he had classified documents in his possession since at least 2008. Do I have that right? Or perhaps that “logic” is more like rampant speculation. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Turned them in immediately and then tried to keep the news from seeing the light of day. 

Logic, your self-described speciality, tells us that Biden was most likely unaware that he had classified documents in his possession since at least 2008. Do I have that right? Or perhaps that “logic” is more like rampant speculation. 

I think it’s more likely that the spillage was accidental and only recently discovered than Biden taking them intentionally and then suddenly deciding he wanted to get in trouble and telling on himself. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, I am not misconstruing anything.  You’re a loyalist, even as the additional documents are discovered, even as Biden and his team failed to provide an accurate accounting of what he had in his possession and from whence it came, even as we discover he’s possessed documents from decades back.  

He’s apparently entered into the ratified air where folks during his senate run were in on it, too.  Decades of time in the game but no accountability.  

Just read “spillage” from your last comment.  You’ve gone from being pretty certain polis don’t have an issue with taking top secret material to adopting  the most recent buzzword to describe polis doing just that.  

🤣

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nah, I am not misconstruing anything.  You’re a loyalist, even as the additional documents are discovered, even as Biden and his team failed to provide an accurate accounting of what he had in his possession and from whence it came, even as we discover he’s possessed documents from decades back.  

He’s apparently entered into the ratified air where folks during his senate run were in on it, too.  Decades of time in the game but no accountability.  

WTF are you even talking about?

He handed the documents over to the DoJ;  searched his properties and found more documents and handed them over; voluntarily had the DoJ come in and search to ensure they got everything. 

Sure, his public messaging hasn’t been good but his actions are what you would expect for someone who was cooperating. 

BTW: the only reason Trump is in any trouble is because he’s an idiot. If he just did what Biden is doing, he’d be in the same position as Biden in not catching a charge. 

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I think it’s more likely that the spillage was accidental and only recently discovered than Biden taking them intentionally and then suddenly deciding he wanted to get in trouble and telling on himself. 

Repeated accidental spillage spanning many years. So long as you believe it. 

Any thoughts on how the documents “spilled” out of a SCIF? Seems like something that would be more intentional than accidental. 

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Repeated accidental spillage spanning many years. So long as you believe it. 

Any thoughts on how the documents “spilled” out of a SCIF? Seems like something that would be more intentional than accidental. 

That’s a good question for the special counsel. If I had to guess, the documents were accidentally packed with his things when leaving the White House. It seems the controls around this transition are broken since Trump was able to do it too. 

Do you think this was all intentional and he had been getting away with it so much that he suddenly decided he wanted to get in trouble so he went public?

That’s a good question for the special counsel. If I had to guess, the documents were accidentally packed with his things when leaving the White House. It seems the controls around this transition are broken since Trump was able to do it too. 

Do you think this was all intentional and he had been getting away with it so much that he suddenly decided he wanted to get in trouble so he went public?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/05/the-rooms-where-congress-keeps-its-secrets/451554/

Do you think the documents he has possessed since his SENATE days accidentally fell into his pocket while in a SCIF? Wouldn’t intent be required to remove them from a SCIF? Rhetorical question. Occam’s razor and whatnot. 

There you go again. Bending over backwards while hand waving to give the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

I wonder if you did this for the GOP when you belonged to that party?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

WTF are you even talking about?

He handed the documents over to the DoJ;  searched his properties and found more documents and handed them over; voluntarily had the DoJ come in and search to ensure they got everything. 

Sure, his public messaging hasn’t been good but his actions are what you would expect for someone who was cooperating. 

BTW: the only reason Trump is in any trouble is because he’s an idiot. If he just did what Biden is doing, he’d be in the same position as Biden in not catching a charge. 

What am I talking about?  I’m talking about Joe Biden, your comments generally on issues involving politicians taking classified material, and the situation that’s unfolding.  You seem hyper fixated on Trump, and I believe I know why, but don’t believe you see it.  

Btw, with reports that he’s apparently held classified documents since he was a Senator, the most likely scenario is he has engaged in a pattern of breaking the law over at least the last couple decades.  We keep flipping the coin—maybe it was staffers, maybe it was his attorney, maybe it was the UPS guy—but when that coin lands, it still reveals the face of Joe Biden. How many time does he tell you “It wasn’t me!” before you see the pattern?  

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Perhaps you can explain, without deflecting, why you admitting that you do indeed support an organization run by communists  makes ME "butt-hurt"?

just playin.  ignore me.  Had to read it twice.  I thought you wrote support group.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 hours ago, Doc said:

This gets worse for Joke by the day. The same for his corrupt Admin for not raiding his homes when the first batch was found, much less weeks ago when the 2nd was found. 

A lot doesn't"t add up here for me.  Call me skeptical.  Biden left office about 5 years and 9 months ago.  Nobody knew he took documents, nobody was looking for them, and nobody knew he had them, or where they were. Then somebody decided to do some Fall cleaning in the garage and ran across some files.  Then contacted authorities.

You can play the honesty angle, but given the circumstances the easiest thing would have been shred them and avoid any commotion.  

As I believe nothing is a coincidence I'm left wondering if Joe's handlers behind the scenes decided it's time for him to go and put all this in motion.

If it's me and I find something of great value or confidential from my previous job of 6 years ago and nobody else in the world knows about it I just forget about or dispose of it and and avoid any potential problem for myself. 

There's more to the story here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A lot doesn't"t add up here for me.  Call me skeptical.  Biden left office about 5 years and 9 months ago.  Nobody knew he took documents, nobody was looking for them, and nobody knew he had them, or where they were. Then somebody decided to do some Fall cleaning in the garage and ran across some files.  Then contacted authorities.

You can play the honesty angle, but given the circumstances the easiest thing would have been shred them and avoid any commotion.  

As I believe nothing is a coincidence I'm left wondering if Joe's handlers behind the scenes decided it's time for him to go and put all this in motion.

If it's me and I find something of great value or confidential from my previous job of 6 years ago and nobody else in the world knows about it I just forget about or dispose of it and and avoid any potential problem for myself. 

There's more to the story here.

I agree.  No one would have been the wiser.  They want him out.  And they'll keep planting docs until he agrees not to run again.

• Thank you (+1) 2