Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Oh okay.  Now let me ask:

This week Bills win, KC loses, Cincy wins

Then if we play Cincy it's in the AFCGG. This game would be played where?

The way I read it is there is only one scenario for us where a neutral site comes into play: if we play KC and KC is the 1 seed. Otherwise it is business as usual.

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Don't forget this all goes out the window (not having to play a road playoff game) if the Bills lose to the Patriots on Sunday.

If we lose Sunday is it home/home/arrowhead? Assuming chiefs and bangles win. 

Edited by Dr. Football

Here's another Bengals forum gem:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-got-hosed?pid=1306331#pid1306331

"NFL to Cincinnati:

"Enjoy your 9 road games and 7 home game regular season, because you're playing on the road in the postseason."

Cincinnati:
-No 1 seed possibility.
-Probably no 2 seed either.
-A whole lot of possibility for neutral fields in the playoffs.
-You can win the division, but still have to play on the road.
-You can win the division, have to play on the road, and still get a division winner's schedule next year"

heads-i-win-tails-you-lose-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

Edited by chongli

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

The way I read it is there is only one scenario for us where a neutral site comes into play: if we play KC and KC is the 1 seed. Otherwise it is business as usual.

You have to consider Bengals Ravens if the Ravens win, I know everyone is discounting them winning but crazier things have heppened.

11-6 and 11-5 records. I believe they'd play against each other in the Wild Card. Neutral site there too?

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Yeah Cincy is getting the short end of the stick if they play us and everyone wins this week. Because if they would have beat us, then playoffs would be @ Cincy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Bengals fans, since they beat KC, have been 100% sure that they are winning the SB. It was only a matter of time. They are planning the parade. They almost choke away a 22 point lead to the Pats? No worries. They need turnovers on 4 STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS to beat the Bucs. No concerns. We should be more like them.

Keep thinking the Bengals did not own the Bucs or Patriots.  Their offense was absolutely running through the Bills defense before losing 2 DBs (prayers for both).  This uninformed comment simply reveals you didnt watch either game.  Im guessing you were not watching Monday either.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

You have to consider Bengals Ravens if the Ravens win, I know everyone is discounting them winning but crazier things have heppened.

11-6 and 11-5 records. I believe they'd play against each other in the Wild Card. Neutral site there too?

No it is a coin flip to determine home field.  1st time ever a division winner and Top 4 seed has to play on the road the first playoff game.  This is awful for the Bengals.

8 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Right.  Nothing is perfect here, but the good should not be the enemy of the perfect.  This proposal is about as good as you can do.  Cincy likely gets the worst of ti as they will beat the Ravens.  KC benefits, and for the Bills it is about a wash. 

What part is good for Cincy?  It is awful for them.

1 minute ago, Dr. Football said:

If we lose Sunday is it home/home/arrowhead? Assuming chiefs and bangles win. 

If we lose and Chiefs/Bengals win, the Bengals will be the #2 seed and we'll be the #3 seed, I do believe.  The Bills and Bengals would both be 12-4, with identical conference records (8-3).  I checked and it looks like they would also have an identical record vs. common opponents, and the next tiebreaker is Strength of Victory.  Bengals have us beat there, because the record of their opponents that they beat is better than the record of opponents we beat by several games.

So, we'd host the #3/#6 game, and could go on the road to Cincinatti if they win their #2/#7 game, I'm pretty sure.  Then on to Arrowhead, or home against whoever upset the Chiefs perhaps.

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

They could if they didn't cancel the bengals/bills game and the Bills won. So by announcing the game as canceled, Baltimore has 0% chance to win their division. So yes, that is the complaint.

If this were the Bills and the Pats or Dolphins, we would be unimaginably pissed.

Ravens can still get the 1st playoff game at home vs the Bengals even with the division title.  This is a joke.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Keep thinking the Bengals did not own the Bucs or Patriots.  Their offense was absolutely running through the Bills defense before losing 2 DBs (prayers for both).  This uninformed comment simply reveals you didnt watch either game.  Im guessing you were not watching Monday either.

No it is a coin flip to determine home field.  1st time ever a division winner and Top 4 seed has to play on the road the first playoff game.  This is awful for the Bengals.

There's no chance of them playing on the road if they beat the Ravens. 

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Thats in the release? Why a coin flip for the Bengals/Ravens but KC gets bye (rightfully I guess by win %) but neutral site for AFCCG if both make it?

I sure hope they write up a more consistent and well thought out set of conditions tomorrow that applies to all teams, not AFCCG gets this treatment and AFC North division gets this other treatment nonsense.

Still wish the game would have been rescheduled instead. Would be so much more fair and easy.

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

From what i understand, if the Ravens win week 18, and they meet the Bengals in the Wild Card round, a coin flip will determine the home team. Which is part of why Cincinnati fans are all riled up.

I understand why they chose this solution, but does anybody else think the Chiefs have the best luck in the league? Every little thing seems to fall their way.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Heck no. Gimme a state not in Ohio, regardless of the distance from Buffalo

Outstanding warrant?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.