Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

Just now, Success said:

I'd rather get the 2 seed than have the only game a week from Sunday, giving every other playoff team a bye. Sure, we could still get a bye at that point - but we might not, and that's really a worst-case scenario in terms of rest & health.

The Bills can win on the road, and who knows - maybe someone beats KC before we play them so we get the AFCCG at home.

There is zero chance they dedicate an entire week to one game. This is not happening. I would say there is a 99%+ chance this game doesn't get finished.

• Agree 3

Definitely a good decision by the league.  I really now don't see a scenerio where this game could be played at all with the playoffs the following week. League is going to have to come decision with Buffalo and Cincy only playing 16 games.  Looks to me like that may allow KC to get the 1 seed, but who knows.  Honestly don't care at this point because our team is not even thinking about football, nor should they be.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I'd rather get the 2 seed than have the only game a week from Sunday, giving every other playoff team a bye. Sure, we could still get a bye at that point - but we might not, and that's really a worst-case scenario in terms of rest & health.

The Bills can win on the road, and who knows - maybe someone beats KC before we play them so we get the AFCCG at home.

How things shake out I don't know if it's possible, but I would love it if the Chargers could play the Chiefs. I know KC usually wins but the Chargers always come close to beating them. They have the QB and the offense to match KC. Should have won the game at Arrowhead at the start of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDare said:

Week 19 obviously

Would be shocked if the NFL invokes a Week 19, where 30 teams are on a bye, and after an entire other game has been played, the Bills & Bengals resume in Cincinnati, with 5:58 left in the 1st quarter, Bills down 7-3, Bengals ball at the Bills 48. 

Shocked.  

This game is ending in a tie/ no-contest. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I do not think they will play this game at all they will jsut let the Bills/Bengals have a 16 game season and use percentages for any seeding

Agree. If they are not playing this week then is no other option except to push the playoffs back a week and have the Bills vs Bengals play next weekend. They won't play in the middle of next week and then a playoff game a few days later. That wouldn't be fair.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Agree. If they are not playing this week then is no other option except to push the playoffs back a week and have the Bills vs Bengals play next weekend. They won't play in the middle of next week and then a playoff game a few days later. That wouldn't be fair.

What wouldn’t be fair is the Bills loosing their seeding for something completely out of their control. NFL must be keep the seeding.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

can someone update to me who Ari Meirov is? NFL Insider? I will believe this when it comes from the Bills or NFL Comish

per his LinkedIn he's a NFL Insider for PFF.com and host of the Ari Meirov NFL Show. Follow on Twitter, @MySportsUpdate, for up-to-the-minute football coverage.

This is what I think is the best solution and obviously outcome:

They pause the week.  

If Hamlin pulls thru in the next 24-48 hours - announce Bills-Bengals kick off Week 18 on Monday January 9 with the resumption of the game.  

Everyone plays this weeks schedule next weekend.

Bills-Patriots and Bengals-Ravens will be played Monday January 16.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

True, but they are the best predictor.

I mean that can be true  - but also not true- like Kodak used to be a business giant and awesome place to work- not true inThe least anymore- sorry that was me just trying to have fun with it, it's not at all what you are saying 

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic
26 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Ok so no #1 seed now....

I wish I could pin this to the board - A Bills player's heart stopped beating on the field yesterday. He is currently fighting for his life. His teammates had to witness this happen and now patiently wait for any kind of news. WHO CARES ABOUT THE #1 SEED.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gary Marangi said:

Now root for LV to stomp the Chiefs

I give them a decent chance.  This will be the Raiders SB.  They are as sick of Kansas City dominating them as any rivalry out there.  And LV has some offense to hang in there.

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would be shocked if the NFL invokes a Week 19, where 30 teams are on a bye, and after an entire other game has been played, the Bills & Bengals resume in Cincinnati, with 5:58 left in the 1st quarter, Bills down 7-3, Bengals ball at the Bills 48. 

Shocked.  

This game is ending in a tie/ no-contest. 

OK. I see it as logical and likely.

(there is not 30 other teams entering the playoffs, there are 12 and they will not protest a bye)

Edited by DrDare

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I wish I could pin this to the board - A Bills player's heart stopped beating on the field yesterday. He is currently fighting for his life. His teammates had to witness this happen and now patiently wait for any kind of news. WHO CARES ABOUT THE #1 SEED.

I agree. But to be fair, two conversations can happen at the same time:  we can show support and love for Hamlin while also discussing business. But thats just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.