God Bless Buffalo

Irv

I am from Rochester.  But I want to bless everyone from Buffalo.  I went to school there.  You never met better people. We love our Bills. But you guys have been through the ringer this year.  ****head shooting wonderful humans.  Horrible snow storms. Football player maybe dying.  Buffalo people rule!   We'll get through this.  GO BUFFALO!!!!

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 9

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

I am from Rochester.  But I want to bless everyone from Buffalo.  I went to school there.  You never met better people. We love our Bills. But you guys have been through the ringer this year.  ****head shooting wonderful humans.  Horrible snow storms. Football player maybe dying.  Buffalo people rule!   We'll get through this.  GO BUFFALO!!!!

The people of Buffalo are the greatest people on the face of the earth. Their love and generosity is legendary. #Buffalostrong

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

Absolutely we will. There is no other choice!

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's been a ***** year/season for Buffalo football/area, not equaling anything to each other just listing some things in this season so far, one of the Team owners has a medical situation hanging over them, community shooting, scary hit that looked like a bad neck injury turned out okay but then Hyde turned out to have a scary neck injury out for the season, a seeming parade of injuries that players have to deal with maybe that's just typical stuff in the season, Von Miller out for the season, lethal Blizzard, and now this.

I mean damn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My only concern  is Damar is ok, and I pray for his family.  The coaches and NFL did the right thing in suspending the game.

I’m sure they will figure it out, and I just don’t see how the players can focus right now.  I was a little surprised they flew back to Buffalo when the players probably wanted to stay.  It’s probably for the best as they can have some semblance of normalcy sleeping in their own beds and hugging their wives and girlfriends.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Irv said:

I do a lot of work with a local non profit here in Rochester, and I can say this without a doubt, the people of Western NY are the greatest people on the planet.  I've worked with people from Buffalo, Syracuse and of course Rochester and the outpour of caring, concern and generosity is second to none.  

Lord please heal this young man and protect him.   Please give his medical team the strength and power to support him in his needs.  Please comfort his family as best as you can and give them hope and the positivity Damar needs in this time.   Give his teammates and friends the strength to pull together.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

My only concern  is Damar is ok, and I pray for his family.  The coaches and NFL did the right thing in suspending the game.

I’m sure they will figure it out, and I just don’t see how the players can focus right now.  I was a little surprised they flew back to Buffalo when the players probably wanted to stay.  It’s probably for the best as they can have some semblance of normalcy sleeping in their own beds and hugging their wives and girlfriends.

I agree. It was best to go home. They can’t help in the hospital and it’s a very bad place to be unless you need care.  Too many infection exposures walking around a hospital from antibiotic overuse and very resistant bacteria in there.  On the other hand I tell family members , don’t leave your loved ones alone. It’s a shame but speaking as an insider for 40 years , the nurses are understaffed with too many pts per nurse and too much time now is demanded documenting everything for reimbursement and legalities and following endless algorithms. Too much human touch and compassion is being drained.  Even cleaning staff has been cut for profit. Been on both sides , dr and patient , and do expert work regarding malpractice both for and against hospitals etc,, so try to stay unbiased. 

IMO, It’s not safe to be left alone as nursing staffs are so stressed and burdened. As a family member , it’s your right to question what is being given to your loved one. It never used to be this way , certainly differs hospital to hospital. But hospitals are run now by ceos who expect profit , outcomes are monitored but too often secondary to profit, and this kills me and breaks my heart , but drs have lost control and need to retake their profession. If you are afraid of being fired because you want to give full consent and not just the hospital byline, how do you expect to be trusted and how do you sleep having sworn an oath to do no harm?  

Everyone , nurses , drs , all agree they want the best for their patients , yet they have bills , mortgages, etc and many have to do what the hospital or insurance dictates.   So , IMO, best for the Bills players  to be safe at home and keep strong with their faith and away from infection exposure.  Hamlin is in the best hands in the icu /ccu.  The nurses have always been great in the units!   Less patients per nurse in an icu and they do the brunt of the care. One positive tho is now hospitals have hospitalists who are drs who only do care in hospital 24/7/365, so response to issues is just moments away. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

I agree. It was best to go home. They can’t help in the hospital and it’s a very bad place to be unless you need care.  Too many infection exposures walking around a hospital from antibiotic overuse and very resistant bacteria in there.  On the other hand I tell family members , don’t leave your loved ones alone. It’s a shame but speaking as an insider for 40 years , the nurses are understaffed with too many pts per nurse and too much time now is demanded documenting everything for reimbursement and legalities and following endless algorithms. Too much human touch and compassion is being drained.  Even cleaning staff has been cut for profit. Been on both sides , dr and patient , and do expert work regarding malpractice both for and against hospitals etc,, so try to stay unbiased. 

IMO, It’s not safe to be left alone as nursing staffs are so stressed and burdened. As a family member , it’s your right to question what is being given to your loved one. It never used to be this way , certainly differs hospital to hospital. But hospitals are run now by ceos who expect profit , outcomes are monitored but too often secondary to profit, and this kills me and breaks my heart , but drs have lost control and need to retake their profession. If you are afraid of being fired because you want to give full consent and not just the hospital byline, how do you expect to be trusted and how do you sleep having sworn an oath to do no harm?  

Everyone , nurses , drs , all agree they want the best for their patients , yet they have bills , mortgages, etc and many have to do what the hospital or insurance dictates.   So , IMO, best for the Bills players  to be safe at home and keep strong with their faith and away from infection exposure.  Hamlin is in the best hands in the icu /ccu.  The nurses have always been great in the units!   Less patients per nurse in an icu and they do the brunt of the care. One positive tho is now hospitals have hospitalists who are drs who only do care in hospital 24/7/365, so response to issues is just moments away. 

Well written Doc.  As much as I’m sure they care, it’s much easier to allow the pros to work.

10 hours ago, Irv said:

Well said. There were so many positives that have been happening in Buffalo but this for sure has been a surreal year. Most of the things are things out of our control - POS loser, Mother Nature, a freak injury. But no city bounces back better than Buffalo and has more heart.

im more convinced ever that we are going to the SB. Now, whether that ends in a victory or last second Hail Mary loss, I’m not sure. 😞

9 hours ago, Gordon Lightfoot said:

Kim Pegula illness

Dawson Knox brother passing 

Punt God fiasco

The punter thing doesn’t belong on here. That was self inflicted and I haven’t thought once about him since the season started. 

• Like (+1) 2

My family traveled to Orlando between Christmas/New Year's for a Disney trip with the kids, and can I just tell you all that we blew away the over/under on amount of "Go Bills" collected as a result of wearing Bills gear every day? Whether at the parks, or during the travel stops, my wife (who tolerates my fandom but is not a football fan in general herself) was amazed how often we would hear it, and asked if any other fanbase was like this? 😀 The sense of immediate community that would happen between random strangers just from knowing we shared a love of the same city/football team, was very, very cool to say the least. I'll also say that while I'd spot maybe one or two jerseys from other teams here and there, it was nothing at all compared to how often we saw Bills gear around. There's a lot of love for everything Buffalo--has to count for something!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.