Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the situation where an on field   hit put him in vfib requiring defibrillation/intubation/hospitalization.

I haven’t read where any of his doctors have said he may play again.

even if they did, why would the Bills, as a business, take that risk?

Yeah, I don't think any doctor directly addressed him playing again, but I think there was a quote to the effect that best case scenario was he would be back to who he was prior to Monday.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he will or should come back or the Bills or any other team would assume 'the risk'. But if it was a freak accident as some reports suggest then the risk any team would assume would be no different than the risk of putting any player in the same situation.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, I don't think any doctor directly addressed him playing again, but I think there was a quote to the effect that best case scenario was he would be back to who he was prior to Monday.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he will or should come back or the Bills or any other team would assume 'the risk'. But if it was a freak accident as some reports suggest then the risk any team would assume would be no different than the risk of putting any player in the same situation.

yes he may go back to being a healthy young adult.  That’s all he meant I’m sure.

No one can say what his risk is.  The point is the Bills don’t need to assume that risk so why would they?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes he may go back to being a healthy young adult.  That’s all he meant I’m sure.

No one can say what his risk is.  The point is the Bills don’t need to assume that risk so why would they?

Cuz if it was a freak incident then they are already assuming the same risk with every player they put on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Cuz if it was a freak incident then they are already assuming the same risk with every player they put on the field. 

i guarantee that’s not how they are looking at this right now.  Plus we still don’t know his diagnosis

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

i guarantee that’s not how they are looking at this right now.  Plus we still don’t know his diagnosis

Your guarantee is not only meaningless to me but irrelevant to our back and forth. I completely agree with the bolded - it speaks to the reason I questioned your characterization of 'the situation' in the first place.

27 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

'Not worth a no contest'

Bet u know better than to talk like that in public. Someone would give u the amateur dentist treatment

Imma go out on a limb and say if demar is neurologically and physically healthy we will see him in a bills uniform again in the future ! Demar is now buffalo 

He is The epitome of a professional athlete and football player 

God will work through him! God Bless Damar Hamlin

Edited by Buffalo716

25 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Your guarantee is not only meaningless to me but irrelevant to our back and forth. I completely agree with the bolded - it speaks to the reason I questioned your characterization of 'the situation' in the first place.

again, the risk to the organization isn’t worth the benefit.  It’s a business.  If he is injured again they would be at least somewhat liable.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

the situation where an on field   hit put him in vfib requiring defibrillation/intubation/hospitalization.

I haven’t read where any of his doctors have said he may play again.

even if they did, why would the Bills, as a business, take that risk?

They stated that it was unknown at the time of the press conference if he could play again. Diagnosis and testing for any preexisting conditions and/or permanent damage to organs still needed to be done.

But if the diagnosis is indeed Coriolise Cordis, with no preexisting condition or permanent damage from what happened Monday night he would be able to play again, if he chose to do so.

The chances of him suffering from Coriolise Cordis a 2nd time would be the same as anyone else.....At least a couple million to 1.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

again, the risk to the organization isn’t worth the benefit.  It’s a business.  If he is injured again they would be at least somewhat liable.  

At this point in the conversation my sense is that you and I cannot find common ground with regard to 'the situation' you referenced.

If I understand correctly you firmly believe Damar Hamlin will never play for the Bills again

On the other hand, I think its possible that  Damar Hamlin will play for the Bills again

Time will tell

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If given a clean bill of health from the doctors and the green light to continue his career. how would Buffalo be liable if the same thing were to happen again. If he can and the desire is there to play again, it'll either be with Buffalo or a different team, like the Steelers.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

At this point in the conversation my sense is that you and I cannot find common ground with regard to 'the situation' you referenced.

If I understand correctly you firmly believe Damar Hamlin will never play for the Bills again

On the other hand, I think its possible that  Damar Hamlin will play for the Bills again

Time will tell

Go Bills!

I think Mr Weo makes some assumptions. Unless Damar has damage or issues that would make him a risk why wouldn’t they play him again? Absurd to assume otherwise

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

disagree. the game (profession) comes with serious risk. players know that, owners/organizations know that. I'm sure somewhere in the contract is a clause that states something like the owner/team are not liable for injury/death due to the risk involved with said profession. regardless of how many times said player is injured while under contract with said team.

his heart stop seems to have been bad luck series

If doctors clear, there’s no liability. However, the young man will have a seriously difficult choice to make. I probably would use my new celebrity and couple $M banked for a different path. He didn’t break a bone, his heart and lungs stopped. 

Edited by Since1981

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

What situation? I thought one doctor stated that best case scenario he could come back - which admittedly surprised me. But by some accounts this may have been as a freak occurrence and not the result of some pre-existing condition. So I'm curious what you mean by 'that situation'.

Yeah, makes no sense. The organization puts 53 players in "that situation" every week. It could happen to anyone at anytime. If he comes back from this at 100%, the decision is up to Damar and his family.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.