Anyone else watching other games & daydreaming about how much easier their QB's have it???

Billsfan1972

Again watching TB & seems Brady has all day and receivers running open.  Stidham throwing for 360 vs. SF and Adams making great catches.  Mahomes a ho hum 330 yard game and again a lot of easy passes.  Goff and Prescott too.

Maybe I'm cherry picking, but I seem to see too many great catches & easy throws by QB's, whereas Josh Allen often seems to have to do it all.

Am I being too hypercritical of the Bills offense?

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills passing offense is not what maybe we want it to be but its pretty good.   The Bills score the second highest points per game in the league as an offense.  You are seeing "greener grass" but if you switched you would end up with a 500 team or one that is not close to making the playoffs.  Enjoy the ride this team is giving you is my advice!  Its a great ride...it is ok to talk about how they can improve but in this case you are kind of cherry picking.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

I saw many receivers with YAC yesterday.  Hey Bills WRs- help Josh and-

a-catch the ball

b-dont fumble

3-YAC please

just to specify YAC- yards(plural) after catch, not yard after catch

Yac in this o has always puzzled me, including with Dabol. I really think some of the blame is on Josh not taking it underneath at certain times. Watch Mahomes consistently dump it off to a RB or TE in comparison 

Maybe it's the spy in the middle of the field.  Not sure

• Like (+1) 2

I think it’s the way defenses play us. We see a lot less single high safety looks than other teams which gives one on one opportunities on the outside. How many times was TB able to isolate Mike Evans on a 1-1? That rarely happens with Diggs and Davis hasn’t consistently made those catches when given the chance.

I agree it seems like other coordinators make it easier on their QB. I was a big Dorsey critic early on, I think he has adjusted a good amount and Josh has trailed behind him just a bit but is catching up. 

Our offense can win in multiple ways now. It’s been a lot of shorter/intermediate/running game recently. That’s ok. The key is to take recognize and take advantage of the deep shots when they present themselves.

The more Josh utilizes the short/intermediate game early and often, the quicker those shots will open up as the D adjusts.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The Bills passing offense is not what maybe we want it to be but its pretty good.   The Bills score the second highest points per game in the league as an offense.  You are seeing "greener grass" but if you switched you would end up with a 500 team or one that is not close to making the playoffs.  Enjoy the ride this team is giving you is my advice!  Its a great ride...it is ok to talk about how they can improve but in this case you are kind of cherry picking.

What sweet ride it is! Im loving this BIlls Offense,Defense, Special Teams, warts and all.  The only team that can beat the Bills is the Bills.  They need to clean up their game, it's playoff time.  Every Bills will say the same thing.  Last week there was 5 drops I believe.  Some third down killers.  Careless fumbles.   Befuddling interception.   We still won handily.  Now we are playing Chefs and Bengals.  Don't be sloppy.  Play Buffalo Bills A game football!  No one is beating that team!  Go Bills!

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Our Offensive line isn’t very good. It hasn’t been very good at all. Having Josh Allen has made them look adequate

That seems to be the case sometimes, but often Josh has plenty of time to throw.  That interception last week for example.  He had 5 seconds and couldn't find any WR with seperation.  That is often the case IMO.  WRs must win their 1 on 1 matchups

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

That seems to be the case sometimes, but often Josh has plenty of time to throw.  That interception last week for example.  He had 5 seconds and couldn't find any WR with seperation.  That is often the case IMO.  WRs must win their 1 on 1 matchups

Hmm I wonder how that would be as well if they actually invested some premier picks in their weapons as well. Like they do routinely with the defense. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Example was just how wide open Evans was on two of the three (and beat his man on the third).  

Don't know how GB defended Jefferson yesterday, but Cousins is not a great QB in any case.

The Bills have Allen (the sole reason for posts like this and a 12-3 record), which should make up for a lot, but even when he has time, receivers don't get open it seems.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again watching TB & seems Brady has all day and receivers running open.  Stidham throwing for 360 vs. SF and Adams making great catches.  Mahomes a ho hum 330 yard game and again a lot of easy passes.  Goff and Prescott too.

Maybe I'm cherry picking, but I seem to see too many great catches & easy throws by QB's, whereas Josh Allen often seems to have to do it all.

Its not your imagination.  PFF ranks the Bills oline 22nd in the league in pass blocking. And 28th in run blocking. It is a bad unit. (good news, Bengals oline sucks too) Bills receivers are ranked 14th.  (Bad news Chiefs and Bengals are ranked 3rd and 4th). Bengals and Chiefs are ranked 1st and second in passing. Bills are ranked fifth. Allen-Burrows-Mahomes are all about equally talented.  Allen has far less to work with overall. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Its not your imagination.  PFF ranks the Bills oline 22nd in the league in pass blocking. And 28th in run blocking. It is a bad unit. (good news, Bengals oline sucks too) Bills receivers are ranked 14th.  (Bad news Chiefs and Bengals are ranked 3rd and 4th). Bengals and Chiefs are ranked 1st and second in passing. Bills are ranked fifth. Allen-Burrows-Mahomes are all about equally talented.  Allen has far less to work with overall. 

Bang on, but doesn't take away that no one ever seems to be running wide open and able to turn it up field or make a tough catch while covered.

Can anyone name a single one since Pitt????  I remember Diggs incredible one-handed catch vs. Minny (and another vs. Miami on the first drive).

8 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I never watch other teams and think I wish that was the Bills. And other teams breathe a sigh of relief when Josh looks human.

If anyone wants to become a fan of the 8-8 Bucs or 6-10 Raiders, they are free to. 

With Allen both teams are 3 games batter minimum and Allen has 5000+ yards passing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

you're cherry picking

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Our Offensive line isn’t very good. It hasn’t been very good at all. Having Josh Allen has made them look adequate

Just repeated the analytic on the radio a few minutes ago … Bills OL pass block win rate #4 in the league. 

When healthy, the Bills OL is solid.  

Yes, Allen makes them look much better, but he also holds onto the ball a lot instead of hitting the check down.. which can make them look worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I wish Josh would learn to take the underneath passes, but it just isn’t in his makeup. He’s got that Brett Favre dog in him. But I do wish that the Bills had a receiver like Jamar Chase that could make contested catches. Watch Burrow tonight. Half of the Bengals playbook are i’ll-advised passes to Chase on the boundary that only work because he makes catches when double covered. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I wish Josh would learn to take the underneath passes, but it just isn’t in his makeup. He’s got that Brett Favre dog in him. But I do wish that the Bills had a receiver like Jamar Chase that could make contested catches. Watch Burrow tonight. Half of the Bengals playbook are i’ll-advised passes to Chase on the boundary that only work because he makes catches when double covered. 

Yes expect to see that tonight and be cursing the TV.🤣 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you're cherry picking

Sure then explain away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.