Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good morning 

Happy GameDay my brothers and sisters! Go Bills!!!

Feeling very optimistic about this huge game.

This is going to be a tough game. Both teams will have a ton of big plays. I just hope the Bills make more. Bills 31 Bengals 28. Let's Go Buffalo.

Not sure what to read into the comments before this game, but contrast the Bengals players chirping and feeling “disrespected” or whatever their problem is with what we hear coming out of Buffalo….

Nothing. 

They’ve just gone about their business this week.  

Only comment I saw get any buzz was Allen saying he’s getting sick of AFC East Division Champ hats and that there is much more ahead of them. (Paraphrasing)

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Next week is a cakewalk compared to tonight’s matchup. Not concerned about that game at all. 

If the Bills win tonight, then they aren't losing to NE at home with a chance to get the #1 seed. I am assuming the Chiefs will beat the Raiders. If the Bills lose tonight, then I could see them resting starters if the Chiefs beat the Raiders as the #1 seed is no longer an option for them. In that scenario NE might win at Buffalo

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Next week is a cakewalk compared to tonight’s matchup. Not concerned about that game at all. 

Cakewalk is a bit over the top. We still play a Divisional opponent fighting for their playoff lives. We split with both the Jests and Fish

Ya we'll be home and a big favorite but it's not easy to win in December/Jan vs anyone.  I'll be expecting a W but still be nervous, cautiously optimistic 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

That’s what I meant. If they win they get hats and t-shirts because they win the division.

Yeah sorta wanted Bal to win so it want hat and t shirt. But cinci doesn’t seem to care. They seem to keep talking about the 1 seed and being the top dog. I get it I guess but I would be laser focused on the division as that’s a must have. The 1 seed is much more a nice to have. If cinci doesn’t win tonight then next week is against Bal is for the division.  Hope the focus on the 1 seed bites Cinci and they lose the division. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ottawa 3 Sabres 1 keep the expectations down 

Sabres loss almost guarantees a Bills win tonite - any time the Sabres win just before a Bills game the Bills seem to s**t the bed....of course with both teams on a roll those stats are probably going the way of the dodo 

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yeah sorta wanted Bal to win so it want hat and t shirt. But cinci doesn’t seem to care. They seem to keep talking about the 1 seed and being the top dog. I get it I guess but I would be laser focused on the division as that’s a must have. The 1 seed is much more a nice to have. If cinci doesn’t win tonight then next week is against Bal is for the division.  Hope the focus on the 1 seed bites Cinci and they lose the division. 

To be honest, this all seems like a bunch of hype for a game that doesn’t need any more hype. I can’t imagine that either the Bills or Bengals don’t know how important this game is regardless of anything other than THIS game.

Edited by SoCal Deek

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Need the Bills to win so I can post the “I don’t think about you at all” meme…

…Because that’s kind of how this feels with the player clips from both sides going into this game. 

21 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

More important: staying healthy this game OR winning this game? 

Win the game. I don't want injuries either and that goes for all teams. I want that #1 seed. I don't want the Bills to have to play at CIN or KC in the playoffs. The Bills more than any other team really use homefield to their advantage. For once in his life let Mahomes play a playoff game in a hostile environment. I don't think he has played one playoff game on the road in his career not counting the SB. Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McDermott but 3-0 at home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.