Should we go after Josh Jacobs?

BuffaloBills1998

I thought we should have traded for him at the deadline.  I would think a 3rd maybe 4th would have done it and we would have got a comp pick back if he left in free agency.

Regarding impending free agency - would not give a big contract to any RB given the current state of the NFL.  I’d consider a two year deal if he would take below market value if he wants to ring chase.

• Like (+1) 5

Beane isn't likely to sign a RB that already has 4 years of wear & tear.

With Allen's contract set to balloon,and the free agency of Poyer and Edmunds; Beane wont spend much on a back.

Singletary fits this offense but if he signs elsewhere, Bills could survive with Cook and a couple inexpensive rookies 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Beane isn't likely to sign a RB that already has 4 years of wear & tear.

With Allen's contract set to balloon,and the free agency of Poyer and Edmunds; Beane wont spend much on a back.

Singletary fits this offense but if he signs elsewhere, Bills could survive with Cook and a couple inexpensive rookies 

Allen has already said he’ll restructure his contract, poyer is older and is injury prone now and I think most on here would agree that Edmunds isn’t worth paying big bucks to keep him around

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 10
  • Dislike 5

I would rather spend the cap dollars on the Oline or retaining defensive talent. Jacobs is a beast but I think James Cook is a ready to roll player and the team can bring back Hines as a return and third down back. You then could bring in a pure back up to platoon with Cook (hopefully Motor if his number is reasonable) on the cheap.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Will be cash-strapped.  Need to spend money on other positions. 

Teams have shown for years that the cap can be manipulated and the cap is going up significantly. I don’t want Jacobs on the Bills, but they won’t be cash strapped. If they want a guy or want to re-sign a guy they will be able to

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly The cap is bull#### and can be manipulated in a lot of ways. 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Teams have shown for years that the cap can be manipulated and the cap is going up significantly. I don’t want Jacobs on the Bills, but they won’t be cash strapped. If they want a guy or want to re-sign a guy they will be able to

True but the cap is finite. Better to spend the money on OL. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I've thought about this knowing it was a dream. We are too thin with resources to spend it on a superstar back. I think.

But my, Jacobs and Cook would be a deadly backfield. And yes, it would make our offense very, very tough to stop. If we drafted a big-bodied WR with top-end speed plus a couple good O-lineman and signed Jacobs I would not be upset. In fact, it would be a season-long blue pill for my football-loving soul...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.