Point Differential

Ccaw

I get folks being edgy.  Yet all the doom and gloom of KC is better, Cincinnati is better?  After a quick scan looks like we had the biggest point differential this week.  Maybe I didn’t catch one better but damn.

And, the weather was horrific. Not gonna be anyone slinging the ball in those brutal conditions. We won in solid fashion.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Ccaw said:

I get folks being edgy.  Yet all the doom and gloom of KC is better, Cincinnati is better?  After a quick scan looks like we had the biggest point differential this week.  Maybe I didn’t catch one better but damn.

And, the weather was horrific. Not gonna be anyone slinging the ball in those brutal conditions. We won in solid fashion.

Yes we did and we won in a fashion we supposedly couldn't, with 2 thoroughbreds. The sky is falling no more. Well.......at least for 1 week that is.😂

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes we did and we won in a fashion we supposedly couldn't, with 2 thoroughbreds. The sky is falling no more. Well.......at least for 1 week that is.😂

The goalpost moves by some of the negative posters always makes me chuckle…all week it was ‘we can’t run or stop the run, fields is great this is a trap game’ and we blow them out but it’s still not good enough lol 

seems like some people would’ve preferred if josh went off but we won a close one which makes no sense to me 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Reminded me of the first Fins game last year as far as miserable road blowouts go.  Remember people.  We're only happy with a victory if our passing game was humming and Josh played lights out.

There was nothing miserable about today. Today our defense stopped Fields and Chicago's vaunted running attack(#1 in the league). And we ran the ball better than we have in a long time. Plus they were comfortably ahead in the 4th, giving a much needed break for many fan's hearts. Many of y'all are too uptight(You know who you are) lol.

I absolutely loved today's game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ccaw said:

Yeah, the weather was WAY worse than a lot of people realize. The conditions were brutal.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ccaw said:

The Bills finished last year with the #1 diff.  Cowbums were #2. NE was #3. in 2020, Ravens were #1.

As others here have pointed out, doesn't really matter.  The only differential that matters is W-L.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills finished last year with the #1 diff.  Cowbums were #2. NE was #3. in 2020, Ravens were #1.

As others here have pointed out, doesn't really matter.  The only differential that matters is W-L.

Of course, point differential doesn't mean anything in the long run. The OP isn't saying it is going to guarantee us a Super Bowl. 

But when so many fans keep saying that we can't beat teams like KC and Cincy the way we are playing, yet we have the best point differential in the league and currently have played the third most difficult schedule in the league (just a hair behind Miami and the Jets), well, it does make a good case that those fans may be overreacting.

To be fair, Cincy has currently played the 5th toughest schedule and KC has played the 7th toughest schedule (so they haven't had a cake-walk either) and they sit 6th and 5th in point differential, respectively. But imo, it is fair for the OP to use the stat to make a case that we are just as good as KC and Cincy (or conversely, that KC and Cincy are just as bad as we are...as some posters would tell it).

We all watch the Bills so closely that we see all of their warts, but too many fans seem to compare that over-scrutinizing of our team against highlight packages of other teams and seem to think that teams like KC and Cincy don't make similar mistakes (penalties, turnovers, close games vs. lower-ranked teams, etc.).

No, you're not seeing the big picture.

Point differential doesn't mean anything. The key thing is wins in one-score games!!!

Oh, wait, we're doing well at that this year? Then the key stat is wins in one-score games in the last two years. That's what tells you everything you need to know.

Oh, and point differential in the last seven games against teams with winning records.

I'm telling you, this team is in deep trouble.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.