Bills v Miami replay

jkeerie

4 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Yeah I'm watching it again.

And re-disturbed - if that's a word - by:

two first half drops by Knox 

inability of the Bills defense to stop the run

You could also say you were PRE-disturbed since you’ve seen it once already.

• Agree 1

Surprised how on numerous times they let the Dolphin WR’s release free off the LOS with no resistance. Seems like every time they didn’t jam they, they got beat.

Still not sure what Cam was thinking on the roughing the punter.

Lastly, Hamlin seems to be in position more times than not but really takes some bad angles.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Surprised how on numerous times they let the Dolphin WR’s release free off the LOS with no resistance. Seems like every time they didn’t jam they, they got beat.

Lastly, Hamlin seems to be in position more times than not but really takes some bad angles.

Sadly enough Lewis showed against the Vikings that he has the ability to not think at critical times in the game. Trying to intercept that ball that Jefferson caught instead of just knocking it away lost the game. Guys in the NFL have played football since they were kids. Situational awareness should be part of their DNA and there is no excuse for Cam taking the angle that he did on that attempted punt block. Singletary showed situational awareness and a team first attitude by going to the ground short of a sure touchdown. He put team over personal stats. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sadly enough Lewis showed against the Vikings that he has the ability to not think at critical times in the game. Trying to intercept that ball that Jefferson caught instead of just knocking it away lost the game. Guys in the NFL have played football since they were kids. Situational awareness should be part of their DNA and there is no excuse for Cam taking the angle that he did on that attempted punt block. Singletary showed situational awareness and a team first attitude by going to the ground short of a sure touchdown. He put team over personal stats. 

Almost forgot Cam was the player in the Minn game on Jefferson. That’s two big mistakes that are really inexcusable and not understanding the situation.

32 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Definitely not a good tackler 

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Almost forgot Cam was the player in the Minn game on Jefferson. That’s two big mistakes that are really inexcusable and not understanding the situation.

I hate to knock a Bill's player but these guys are earning a very good living doing something that they most likely love. I played some football but played baseball or softball from Little League up until I couldn't physically play anymore. In the field before every pitch we were taught to review the situation and decide what we were going to do under the different circumstances that might occur. These guys have no excuse.

59 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I think the run defense was so bad because the defense sold out to stop the pass. They refuse to leave that Nickle package. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Our own all pro safeties tried  to pick off the ball instead of knock it down on the hail Murray

All pro safeties

Cam Lewis Is not spectacular… But he’s absolutely one of the best backend roster guys in the NFL

we used to trot Justin Rodgers out at corner… Who’s single-handedly gave up 200 yards himself in a game

Cam Lewis gave up 45 yards and a long fourth down conversion vs Vikings… And He had a boneheaded play versus Miami

Most NFL teams woukd attack a guy like cam Lewis so bad he won’t see the field again… He’s never been that big of a liability To where he’s a walking penalty or TD

Was it a terrible mistake? yes…. Is everybody blowing it out of proportion because he’s like the 49th man on a 53 man roster? Yes 

If you took the 50th man on every roster in the NFL he’s close to the top

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Heard Eric Wood on WGR… he attributed many of the run stopping issues to clever play calling by MIA that broke tendencies. The Bills defense was anticipating certain plays and were in run “ fits” to stop those. When MIA ran different runs out of those looks , the fits were wrong and left guys at bad angles to make the stop. Gave credit to MIA for good self scouting but Bills adjusted ; bulk of Mostert’s yards were in first half. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Our own all pro safeties tried  to pick off the ball instead of knock it down on the hail Murray

All pro safeties

Cam Lewis Is not spectacular… But he’s absolutely one of the best backend roster guys in the NFL

we used to trot Justin Rodgers out at corner… Who’s single-handedly gave up 200 yards himself in a game

Cam Lewis gave up 40 yards and a long fourth down conversion vs Vikings… And He had a boneheaded play versus Miami

Most NFL teams woukd attack a guy like cam Lewis so he won’t see the field… He’s never been that big of a liability

I'm not criticizing Lewis for his physical abilities. He has shown a lack of situational awareness twice in the last few weeks with one instance extending an opponents drive and the other instance costing the Bills the game. Because other players may have been guilty of the same thing doesn't excuse Lewis's actions but confirms my premise that some NFL players never learned the basics about the game that is their living. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not criticizing Lewis for his physical abilities. He has shown a lack of situational awareness twice in the last few weeks with one instance extending an opponents drive and the other instance costing the Bills the game. Because other players may have been guilty of the same thing doesn't excuse Lewis's actions but confirms my premise that some NFL players never learned the basics about the game that is their living. 

Our back up safeties Hamlin and Johnson Have been taking piss poor Angles all year

Cam is a undrafted free agent who has earned himself a roster spot in the NFL

He’s a depth spot player… We have starters who make two mental mistakes a game

Again Hyde and Tre didn’t knock down the hail murray … Are there instincts lacking? 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This has no bearing on my premise. 

A spot depth player is far from the bills problem

When we have starters who make mental mistakes game in and game out

You’re talking about a number 4 safety and 5-6 corner … He’s one of the strongest fourth safeties or sixth corners in the league

Everybody at that spot is a liability… He’s absolutely one of the lowest liabilities at that spot in the league

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A spot depth player is far from the bills problem

When we have starters who make mental mistakes game in and game out

You’re talking about a number 4 safety and 5-6 corner … He’s one of the strongest fourth safeties or sixth corners in the league

Everybody at that spot is a liability… He’s absolutely one of the lowest liabilities at that spot in the league

What don't you understand about my original premise? I'm not criticizing his physical abilities. I'm saying he has shown that he is very bad in situational awareness which is not just a mental mistake but a mistake of either not knowing the game or being too lazy pre-snap to remind himself what he should do.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What don't you understand about my original premise? I'm not criticizing his physical abilities. I'm saying he has shown that he is very bad in situational awareness which is not just a mental mistake but a mistake of either not knowing the game or being too lazy pre-snap to remind himself what he should do.

And as I’ve said… You’re talking about a spot player situational awareness

When we have starters who have showed piss poor situational awareness… Tre White tried to intercept the hail Murray with Micah 

does that mean they have terrible football awareness?? Again it was an egregious mistake for cam

But it’s two mistakes in 2 1/2 years… If he was making mistakes week in and week out it would be a huge concern… But he’s been steady except for these couple lapses

The biggest thing the bills preach is growth mindset… All of our players abide by that… Why would cam not be working his butt off to get through this… He is … or he wouldnt be here for 3 years 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I'm not an optometrist but I'm wondering if Dawson has had a change in his eyesight. Both drops looked to me like a delayed reaction to the ball. Especially the first.

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't even know if he was trying to get an int or he just has bad technique trying to gain some leverage to strip out the ball.  You see even on the completions against tre white that had he not lost a step to the wr he likely would have had his hand inside the hand and pocket receiver cradles the catch in,  ready to rip the ball loose.  May not always work but White's technique is visibly better as expected.

Edited by AuntieEm

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And as I’ve said… You’re talking about a spot player situational awareness

When we have starters who have showed piss poor situational awareness… Tre White tried to intercept the hail Murray with Micah 

does that mean they have terrible football awareness?? Again it was an egregious mistake for cam

But it’s two mistakes in 2 1/2 years… If he was making mistakes week in and week out it would be a huge concern… But he’s been steady except for these couple lapses

The biggest thing the bills preach is growth mindset… All of our players abide by that… Why would cam not be working his butt off to get through this… He is … or he wouldnt be here for 3 years 

It’s one thing to get beat by a superior athlete making a great play like Hopkins on the Hail Murray or Jefferson on 4th and eighteen. Indeed, you can tip your hat to them. But it is quite another thing to get beat by a stupid, clueless mistake like the one Lewis committed at that juncture in the game. I appreciate your loyalty to UB players, but Lewis has far less rope to make mistakes like that and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he doesn’t see the field much moving forward.

44 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I don't even know if he was trying to get an int or he just has bad technique trying to gain some leverage to strip out the ball.  You see even on the completions against tre white that had he not lost a step to the wr he likely would have had his hand inside the hand and pocket receiver cradles the catch in,  ready to rip the ball loose.  May not always work but White's technique is visibly better as expected.

Lewis admitted after the game that he went for the interception when he should have just slapped/punched the ball away. Still pictures show that he was in perfect position to do just that.

15 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think the run defense was so bad because the defense sold out to stop the pass. They refuse to leave that Nickle package. 

Looked like oliver and Milano were playing hurt also…Miami has really benefitted from buffalo injuries this year.  Idk how they can allow an 8 point comeback to a team with van roten playing center lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, jkeerie said:

On as we speak on NFL Network.

Also on Thursday, December 22.

08:15 PM EST

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Opposite game is:

Week 16 - Thursday, Dec. 22

Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Jets

Amazon Market has been packing groceries in Amazon Thursday Night Football rather than paper bags recently.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

It’s one thing to get beat by a superior athlete making a great play like Hopkins on the Hail Murray or Jefferson on 4th and eighteen. Indeed, you can tip your hat to them. But it is quite another thing to get beat by a stupid, clueless mistake like the one Lewis committed at that juncture in the game. I appreciate your loyalty to UB players, but Lewis has far less rope to make mistakes like that and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he doesn’t see the field much moving forward.

I did agree it was a terrible terrible mistake

Watched it again. It's pretty obvious to say - but that game easily could have gone the other way.  The D got the big stops when it counted, and Allen showed once again that he has the clutch gene w/ 2 very crucial late drives.

Re: Cam Lewis - it's easy to criticize the mistakes he has made. Those always stand out, because there are no highlights or game-turning moments for "solid" play, which is what he generally gives us.  He's a good player.  Roughing the punter was a bad mistake, but it's easy to forget after 1) we won the game, and 2) the Pats/Raiders game the next day.

9 hours ago, Success said:

Watched it again. It's pretty obvious to say - but that game easily could have gone the other way.  The D got the big stops when it counted, and Allen showed once again that he has the clutch gene w/ 2 very crucial late drives.

Re: Cam Lewis - it's easy to criticize the mistakes he has made. Those always stand out, because there are no highlights or game-turning moments for "solid" play, which is what he generally gives us.  He's a good player.  Roughing the punter was a bad mistake, but it's easy to forget after 1) we won the game, and 2) the Pats/Raiders game the next day.

It’s all injuries vs the dolphins.  That defense is garbage.  They would’ve gotten torched both games if we weren’t forced to play van roten at center for 4 of the 8 quarters against them.  It easily could’ve gone the other other way and been a buffalo blowout 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.