Washington Has 1 Heck of a Back Field !!

T master

It's very hard for Front Offices to build an "All Around" team in today's cap era. Especially more so when you have a franchise QB that makes 40+ a season and maybe one or two other skill players making top dollar.  It's a lot easier to build an all around solid team when you have a QB on a rookie contract that's already established himself as one of the best. It's a very small window to capitalize.

Of course it's JMHO....

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think Commanders is a horrible name.  Almost as bad as Guardians.

"Washington Football Team," actually grew on me.  I liked it quite a bit and loved their uniforms/helmets.  I wish they would have stuck with that.

You've been watching too much soccer...

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Very few teams have these type of backs and even if they do, even fewer use them in this way now.  This isn't the 1980's or 1990's anymore...the only teams that use backs like this anymore are the teams that have no real QB.

Ya I didn’t mean the Bills need to find a Derrick Henry, just the profile typically associated with bellcow backs (which is guys who typically have some size and power) is what I think they’d target. A Zach Moss replacement. 

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Warriors was the easy layup. Could still pay homage to Native Americans, there’s already a good sports team named “Warriors” so it wouldn’t sound super goofy, and all the W gear is an easy rebrand.

Commanders sounds too much like an AFL name.

Agreed warriors would’ve been a good name

Some day people will realize that better RBs behind a bad OL does not improve an offense.  Even a decent RB behind a decent OL aren't as value-added.  

On second thought...no, they never will.  Fantasy football, among other things, has ruined it.  

That, and people continuing to live in 1985 who never see the changes occurring in pro football these past 10 years.  

22 hours ago, T master said:

I was watching the Washington team (I refuse to call them their new name sounds stupid) play yesterday & 2 of the running backs i was hoping Beane would pick up at least 1 of in the draft are both on that team . Antonio Gibson & Brian Robinson Jr. the later is a beast with the ball he doesn't need a hole if it's not there he makes it .

This is one thing i feel the Bills need in their back field is a RB of his size & strength if the Bills had some one like him their run game with Robinson - Motor & Cook would be feared by many other teams if added to the passing game around Josh .

I very seldom saw Robinson get stuffed and if he did he was still on his feet fighting for yards trying to break free . After all he has been through this season to be producing the way he is after being shot in the leg & all this guy has a lot of heart !!

I still wish he would have been picked up by the Bills but he wasn't so we will go with what we got not sure but he didn't go until the 3rd round is that where we got Cook ? 

GO Bills !!! 

The Bills took Cook in the 2nd Round with the 63rd overall pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.