Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hopefully the one who passed for 2 TDs and rushed for one more, yesterday.

Not me.  Against a good team, yesterday’s Josh would have lost the game. The turnovers he made were pretty bad; although he said the one to Cook was the wind. 

Why he consistently gives up the free 5-8 yards the opponent routinely gives him is beyond me. Yesterday he was passing up those plays for some lousy alternatives downfield. 

I do believe he will show up in prime time, but I’ll need to see a few series from him before I’ll feel more confident against the Bengals. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Not me.  Against a good team, yesterday’s Josh would have lost the game. The turnovers he made were pretty bad; although he said the one to Cook was the wind. 

Why he consistently gives up the free 5-8 yards the opponent routinely gives him is beyond me. Yesterday he was passing up those plays for some lousy alternatives downfield. 

I do believe he will show up in prime time, but I’ll need to see a few series from him before I’ll feel more confident against the Bengals. 

I remember when I used to focus primarily on the negative stuff.  That's no fun.

Three total TDs is what I choose to take away from yesterday.

Yes ... they were sloppy.  So what?  They won by three TDs on the road, in freezing temperatures.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Josh was making me nervous the whole game.  Wonder which Josh will show up next week?

No kidding. Even when he wasn’t turning the ball over, it was still squirting around in his arms and he had the frantic feet. It’s a danger zone when the Bills are pinned deep. You can FEEL him press.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I remember when I used to focus primarily on the negative stuff.  That's no fun.

Three total TDs is what I choose to take away from yesterday.

Yes ... they were sloppy.  So what?  They won by three TDs on the road, in freezing temperatures.

Whilst I understand your perspective, I chose to hold this potentially Super Bowl bound team to a higher standard. 

• Agree 1

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Whilst I understand your perspective, I chose to hold this potentially Super Bowl bound team to a higher standard. 

Oh, so do I.

I just think there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration.  High winds, sub-zero wind chills, expedited travel ... I think those are noteworthy factors.  

It was a team win.  Josh made a couple bad decisions; there were lots of penalties; we turned the ball over three times ... and the defense made sure those turnovers didn't hurt us.

Can we turn the ball over three times in a playoff game and expect to win?  Likely not.

But this wasn't a playoff game.  The Bills ended up winning in a blowout.  They still control their own destiny and have been the only team favored to win the Super Bowl since the end of last season.

That's some good sh!t, man.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:34 AM, Airseven said:

Fields will run wild. There’s no doubt.

But he makes plays that aren’t sustainable across a full game and the Bears never finish.

You know how we can tell you’re wrong?

You hit “submit reply”.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

They’re 12-3 coming off a blowout win

Yes. These are facts. 

I’m just reiterating things that Josh made points about in his press conference. He needs to play smarter to beat playoff-caliber teams. I don’t feel that’s negative. It’s just my opinion.

The Bills need the Miami game Josh, not the Chicago game Josh - if they plan to win a Super Bowl. 

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Yes. These are facts. 

I’m just reiterating things that Josh made points about in his press conference. He needs to play smarter to beat playoff-caliber teams. I don’t feel that’s negative. It’s just my opinion.

The Bills need the Miami game Josh, not the Chicago game Josh - if they plan to win a Super Bowl. 

All true, but over the last 3-4  years Josh tends to play really well against the better teams and not so well against everyone else. Not every time, but most of the time. To me he almost seems bored/uninterested when playing lesser opponents over the last few years.

Could be alot worse though, he could play his best games against the poor teams and struggle against the best.

Since last year's playoffs, I don't worry about Josh in big games anymore. The narrative is he started playing well in December last year and it carried over into the postseason, but you look at his numbers, I don't think that's the case. 4 of 6 games after Dec. 1st he had a completion percentage in the 50s or lower. 50.0, 55.9, 42.3 & 53.3. The last 3 percentages were from 3 out of the last 4 games last year. He also had a 0 td 3 int game in week 17 last year to go along with his 42.3 completion percentage and his worst QB Rating of his career at 17.0

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:04 AM, WotAGuy said:

I think josh has earned that trust

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.