New York Giants @ Washington Game Thread

Simon

34 minutes ago, balln said:

yea - you want to argue each word. bro im saying. DONT "remov him from the active roster" 

i dont give a rats A$$ however you want to do it

Thank goodness you’re not our GM then.

Hodgins came off the active roster because we needed space to activate Tre White, but still keep a full complement of DBs ready to play; we also needed guys to fill in with Poyer injured, so we traded for Deane Marlowe.  

That’s part of managing an NFL roster with injuries during the season.  The GM needs to carry guys who don’t need to miss 4 games on IR, but also needs to field enough numbers at all positions on game day.

I liked Hodgins and didn’t like to see him go, and I’m sure the Bills would have rather kept him on their PS, but the guy we’re angsting about is averaging 3.5 receptions and <37 ypg for the G-men, #3 or sometimes #4 or #2.  That’s ~ productivity we complain about from Dawson Knox and Isaiah McKenzie.

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

Dabs and co are gonna have a weird decision to make with their QB  Limited success, you could do better but you could also do worse. 

Especially if they wind up drafting kinda low

If he feels like he’s got a Good Thing going on playing for Daboll in this offense, it’s possible that he might go for a “prove it” deal with incentives that would give them room to look around but pay him well if he keeps the starting job and produces.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Especially if they wind up drafting kinda low

If he feels like he’s got a Good Thing going on playing for Daboll in this offense, it’s possible that he might go for a “prove it” deal with incentives that would give them room to look around but pay him well if he keeps the starting job and produces.

That might be best case scenario.  It's similar to what McDermott walked into.  

I'll be interested in seeing on what they end up doing

And you make a great point about the draft picks.  I don't think they will be in a draft QB1 position with their picks

Edited by TBBills Fan

14 minutes ago, biLLyBuFFs said:

Heinicke is a baller..way more guts and grit than Wentz.  

He makes some plays but there are just not enough of them. It's hard to consistently win when you only get 3 or 4 good plays a game and the rest are meh or bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.