If we must criticize, how 'bout Cam Lewis gets his share?

Beck Water

27 minutes ago, Utah John said:

For the dumbest play in Bills history, check out McKelvin, Leodis on a kickoff return.

When Leodis McKelvin is mentioned in the conversation, you know you're on thin ice. 🤨

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Lol. It's easy to say this stuff from our couches watching on TV. Lewis thought it was an easy pick, obviously in hindsight he should have played it differently but that's a split second decision. 

And what was yesterday? 🤨

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

That Jefferson catch was only flukey because the way that Cam Lewis played it.  He misplayed it.

He appeared to be sacking the QB on roughing the punter call.

The man should never see the field again.

On the Jefferson play,  al he needs to do is knock or punch the ball down or out.  He was trying to intercept it and later was seem crying in the locker room after the game.  I have no idea what he was doing on that roughing the punter play,  the punt is out well before he arrives and he looks like he is trying to make tackle

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When Leodis McKelvin is mentioned in the conversation, you know you're on thin ice. 🤨

And what was yesterday? 🤨

It was unacceptable penalty for sure but to say he should be cut is just ridiculous.. Lewis is solid secondary depth and would be picked up immediately if these posters are running the show

7 hours ago, 947 said:

He didn't just rough the punter in the way it normally happens. He caught him out of the air after the ball was gone, wrapped him up, & up buried him into the ground. Why in the hell would anybody ever try to tackle the punter? That was probably the dumbest play in Bills history.

When I watched the replay it looked like he knew he was going to run into to him so he tried to grab him and keep him from going down. Didn't work...

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He hardly played on D last season and was thrown in to start this season.  He is no Micah Hyde but still can improve.

S/FS position he is covering is a critical position in Frazier's D.  He will be fighting for a starter job for 2024.

I don't think he will be asked back next year.  Two massive mental mistakes, he may have already cost us the 1 seed in the Minny game but he almost lost us another one yesterday.  Its sad but we cant have that guy in critical situations anymore.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Why do we need to criticise him? He's a PS player. He's going to make these mistakes and get beat. What do you expect? No reason to dwell on it.

When Cam plays in a game he isn’t a PS player. Also, there is another vet on the roster in Dean Marlowe who could perform the same duties on ST and as a reserve DB. 

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, Beck Water said:

OMFG, that roughing penalty.  Bills D gets a stop, but Fins pin us at the 2.  We get punting room, but not more. 

D gets another stop, this time preventing a FG on a drive that practically started in FG range.  They were fierce.  I was proud.

Dolphins punt.  Then Cam Lewis Enters the Chat.  I don't think I've seen a more clearly idiotic play in the last two seasons.

Prove me wrong.

Not disagreeing about Lewis but if no one has mentioned it yet, the contest for most idiotic play in the last two years stopped accepting nominations at about 7:15 PM yesterday.  Spoiler alert:  Lewis lost the contest.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not disagreeing about Lewis but if no one has mentioned it yet, the contest for most idiotic play in the last two years stopped accepting nominations at about 7:15 PM yesterday.  Spoiler alert:  Lewis lost the contest.

Hoping the Pats lose more games in similar fashion and we start referring to it as “what a Patsie way to lose a game”

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Absolutely No disagreement here.

I'm such a sweetheart - I DM'd one of the video clips set to Benny Hill to my Patriots fan friends.  And I feel no guilt for this action.  😂

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Absolutely No disagreement here.

I'm such a sweetheart - I DM'd one of the video clips set to Benny Hill to my Patriots fan friends.  And I feel no guilt for this action.  😂

I need to hear the Pats radio broadcast of that.  Still haven’t seen it on the internet.  It has to be outstanding.

I know he’s a young player but he shows poor judgment in pass coverage and now on special teams. He has distinguished himself as someone who gives up big plays and is a liability. Why isn’t Rhodes activated for these crucial games? Anyone is better than Cam and I can’t look at him after that devastating roughing the kicker penalty. 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

The big difference what's at stake — Cam's idiocy (twice) may have cost us a first-round bye on 4th and 18 and almost lost us a crucial game against Miami. The Pats have no such aspirations.

Cost us a football game once, shame on you; do it twice... I know depth is important at the very least bench this guy the next game to send a message that you have to play smart and put the team first.

Edited by Nephilim17

I am not being coy and I am not being sarcastic and I mean this when I say that it is semi-remarkable that this team is 11-3, with as difficult as their schedule has been and all the injury adversity, when you then pile on some of the bone headed mistakes...and not just from players, but from coaches and...honestly...honestly, the front office as well.

I've said it elsewhere on our Board...toss out "you have to be able to play special teams" along with "if you don't practice you can't play" and "you can lose your spot due to injury" as we sit and watch the Giants make...not ample use of Hodgins, but great use of him.

19 receptions in the last five games, and please spare us the Dabol is guru stuff.  This is just smart play calling and getting the best out of a talented player when you don't focus on the fact that he isn't the best blocker on runs or cover guy on kicks.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

That single play could have cost us the number seed — not saying we have that wrapped up but it's possible — and that single play could have lost us the game last night.

He makes McKenzie look like Stephen Hawking.

Dude, you're trying too hard. 

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am not being coy and I am not being sarcastic and I mean this when I say that it is semi-remarkable that this team is 11-3, with as difficult as their schedule has been and all the injury adversity, when you then pile on some of the bone headed mistakes...and not just from players, but from coaches and...honestly...honestly, the front office as well.

I've said it elsewhere on our Board...toss out "you have to be able to play special teams" along with "if you don't practice you can't play" and "you can lose your spot due to injury" as we sit and watch the Giants make...not ample use of Hodgins, but great use of him.

19 receptions in the last five games, and please spare us the Dabol is guru stuff.  This is just smart play calling and getting the best out of a talented player when you don't focus on the fact that he isn't the best blocker on runs or cover guy on kicks.

He’s literally a fourth or fifth wide receiver 

He’s not some world beater in the making… The only receiver he js probably better than is McKenzie… And McKenzie has something we need… speed 

Hodgens is a nice role player/depth player… But he’s not the Difference between us winning or losing a Super Bowl

if Josh thought he was a big time difference maker they don’t get rid of him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s literally a fourth or fifth wide receiver 

He’s not some world beater in the making… The only receiver he js probably better than is McKenzie… And McKenzie has something we need… speed 

Hodgens is a nice role player/depth player… But he’s not the Difference between us winning or losing a Super Bowl

if Josh thought he was a big time difference maker they don’t get rid of him

Agreed...but it doesn't change what is going on.

Although he isn't producing like a number 2 it is a pretty good and helpful to his team as a 3rd option right now and it is not like their receivers light it up or that they have Diggs and he is just open a lot.