If we must criticize, how 'bout Cam Lewis gets his share?

Beck Water

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

What we do at safety will be very interesting this summer. Age has caught up to Poyer and Hyde in the form of injuries, Hamlin isn’t a starter. Johnson and Lewis look like practice squad players. 

Lots want to see Benford move, I actually want to see it be Taron Johnson who’s a very good NC but I still think is an elite Safety and Benford take the slot. 

Draft a Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round as well. 

Yep...Safety will be WAY up there in terms of need...May be #1...Though I'm almost always going to lean towards WR now...

I do think it's more likely Benford makes the move to S...He's in the Hyde/Poyer mode...Similar sized players with CB background. In fact that's the 1st thing I thought of when they Drafted Benford. I think his decent play early at CB surprised the Bills a bit. And that's a really good thing moving forward if he flips to Safety.

I would not be surprised at all to see the Bills go Safety, WR, and O-Line with their first 3 picks in whatever order...I think there are some really nice WR options coming out in the 2nd-3rd round area...TDN has 10 WR's, 7 Safeties, 5 IOL, and 8 OT's in their Top 100 right now. So the depth looks OK at the Bills key need areas. B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

OMFG, that roughing penalty.  Bills D gets a stop, but Fins pin us at the 2.  We get punting room, but not more. 

D gets another stop, this time preventing a FG on a drive that practically started in FG range.  They were fierce.  I was proud.

Dolphins punt.  Then Cam Lewis Enters the Chat.  I don't think I've seen a more clearly idiotic play in the last two seasons.

Prove me wrong.

That play totally flipped the game for the Dolphins .  It was the type of stupid play that players get cut for and it was his stupid decision not to just knock a pass down against Vikings that cost us that game.  At point Beane and Sean need to decide is this the type of player they can trust. On the punt,  never seen a player go tackle a punter after punt is away. Just stupid

Fans need to keep in mind that Sean favours the high motor player who may not be as talented but plays smart football, Cam Lewis scares me after already costing us the Viking game and almost costing us the Dolphins game.  There is no question that roughing the punter call totally flipped the game and everyone would have been talking about had we lost

The reality is , If this guy was not on this team the Bills could be 12-2 with a 1.5 game lead on Chiefs for home field and division secured

30 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Was furious about that but I think he's good DB depth. That Jefferson catch was so flukey 

That Jefferson catch was only flukey because the way that Cam Lewis played it.  He misplayed it.

He appeared to be sacking the QB on roughing the punter call.

The man should never see the field again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4th and 22 Jefferson and 4th punt. 
it is one thing to make a physical or other type mistake. It’s another to have a complete dual brain fart on two SIMPLE 4th downs. These weren’t fumbles or miscues. 

cut him, or you lose credibility

he can join CFL, no 4th down. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Other reactions through history and fiction:

Red Forman: "Lewis, you're a dumbass."

Ben Dreith: "Kid, that's really  giving him the business!"

Kaye Stephenson: "I didn't say you played with a lot of character, I said you were a character."

Winston Wolf: "What Coach Stephenson said."

26 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

4th and 22 Jefferson and 4th punt. 
it is one thing to make a physical or other type mistake. It’s another to have a complete dual brain fart on two SIMPLE 4th downs. These weren’t fumbles or miscues. 

cut him, or you lose credibility

he can join CFL, no 4th down. 

Kid, you just won the internet. 😁🤣

I had not TV, so, I'm hesitant to say too much, but it sure sounded as if Lewis made a huge bonehead play.  His positive contributions to the team are so negligible, I wouldn't think it would take too many boneheaded plays for him to find himself stocking groceries at Tops.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 947 said:

He didn't just rough the punter in the way it normally happens. He caught him out of the air after the ball was gone, wrapped him up, & up buried him into the ground. Why in the hell would anybody ever try to tackle the punter? That was probably the dumbest play in Bills history.

For the dumbest play in Bills history, check out McKelvin, Leodis on a kickoff return.

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

That Jefferson catch was only flukey because the way that Cam Lewis played it.  He misplayed it.

He appeared to be sacking the QB on roughing the punter call.

The man should never see the field again.

Lol. It's easy to say this stuff from our couches watching on TV. Lewis thought it was an easy pick, obviously in hindsight he should have played it differently but that's a split second decision.