NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

It was easy to see how hyped Josh was early in this game - balls were sailing on him.

That is not new with Allen.

Daboll used to throw in some QB runs early to let Allen feel some contact and get "into" the game and take some of that edge off; Dorsey should think about doing the same.

It is just how Allen is wired. The big kid gets up grinning ear to ear late in games when he runs and take on a few defenders and gets into a scrum downfield.

He also gets more dialed in as we see later in the 1st half and later in the 2nd half of games.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It was easy to see how hyped Josh was early in this game - balls were sailing on him.

That is not new with Allen.

Daboll used to throw in some QB runs early to let Allen feel some contact and get "into" the game and take some of that edge off; Dorsey should think about doing the same.

It is just how Allen is wired. The big kid gets up grinning ear to ear late in games when he runs and take on a few defenders and gets into a scrum downfield.

He also gets more dialed in as we see later in the 1st half and later in the 2nd half of games.

This^ literally was texting last night that he needs an early design run to get hit and settle- 

I also feel when we start to struggle after a lead isn't just play calling- I feel like JA17 kinda starts just to many shots downs field when underneath stuff is there because just can and wants to put them away- they really aren't high percentage plays

Believe me I don't want him to stop altogether - just a better blend is all

That being said I would not trade him for the world - love me some Josh Allen- MVP always in my mind 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BlazinBill said:

It was more than disappointing - I think McDaniel knew with the weather that he had to focus on developing a run game and change it up and show a different game plan it's just a shame we didn't have gap integrity and continue to try and tackle to high- and for the love of God please stop putting Boogie on the field 

That's part of it. The other part was the scheme invited them to run- it hoped for them to have less productivity. They had a few big runs, but limited the overall damage, and pushed Tua to make throws he isn't good at. We got them away from their strength and won the game

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, slipkid said:

But this needs to be said and probably doesn’t need its own thread. Can we stop now with the sideline coach “interviews” to start the second and third quarters?

We’re all dumber for having to hear them.

Those sideline/halftime interviews of coaches in ALL professional or college sports have been worthless for decades. 99% of the time, everybody knows exactly what the coach is going to say, because the questions are so vanilla. Example: "Coach you're down 28-0 here at the half, and you have had three turnovers, what do you need to do to get back into the game?" We need to execute better and secure the ball. Our offense needs to step up their game. LOL

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

For a role player, Cam Lewis has made two major blunders. One cost us a game with the 4th and 18 pass that he blew, and now add last night with the mind-numbing roughing the punter penalty that led to a Miami TD and them taking the lead in the game.

Surely we can find a player on our own, or someone else’s  practice squad that won’t make such critical errors in such limited time seeing the field.

Cut this guy. Please.

Has McDermott commented yet on Lewis? If he's willing to make a running back ride the bench for an extended period for a fumble what is the proper reaction for this bonehead other that being cut?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even Chiefs fans were out crying on Dolphins fanzine with some conspiracy BS claim as you can see below.LMAO 

Chiefs fan here and not one to normally blame the refs. But Miami should have won that game. There was not overwhelming evidence to one, have overturned that failed Josh Allen 2 point conversion fumble. Secondly, that pass interference call on a uncatchable ball when the receiver didn't create separation was one of the most egregious calls I've seen.

I know for a fact our receivers wouldn't get that call IN THAT MOMENT. Most receivers would have to be blatantly held back as in holding/pass interference to get that call in that moment. The NFL has been pushing a failed Josh Allen narrative all year and it looked like they did their best snow clearing Bills players and all to help that narrative. 

Did this Chefs fan mention how Josh was hit late, out of bounds 4 times and only one RTP call? Imagine patty taking those shots! It was absolutely ridiculous 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

No need to rush Bease, ease him back in. 

McKenzie had a solid game but still is more a #2 slot. 

Agree- get him back in slowly and hopefully he's full go come play offs- truly believe his game opens things for Davis- need that high low action- Beasley just brings something different - would love to have Beasley and Crowder for 1-2 punch in the slot come playoffs

Edited by BlazinBill

this was a post from a chat acquaintance from Toronto in regards to last nights game. #wilcoam CONCUR

It's 4:00a and I just got home and I have goose bumps, we've made the post season again, we've won 5 in a row, we've just beat and virtually eliminated all other other AFC teams from being able to compete for the division, we're um 11-3, what a season this is...

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even Chiefs fans were out crying on Dolphins fanzine with some conspiracy BS claim as you can see below.LMAO 

Chiefs fan here and not one to normally blame the refs. But Miami should have won that game. There was not overwhelming evidence to one, have overturned that failed Josh Allen 2 point conversion fumble. Secondly, that pass interference call on a uncatchable ball when the receiver didn't create separation was one of the most egregious calls I've seen.

I know for a fact our receivers wouldn't get that call IN THAT MOMENT. Most receivers would have to be blatantly held back as in holding/pass interference to get that call in that moment. The NFL has been pushing a failed Josh Allen narrative all year and it looked like they did their best snow clearing Bills players and all to help that narrative. 

Are they serious? Considering the number of cheap calls they get? Second to Edelman whining last night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Can someone explain how the QBR is calculated, please?

Josh last night - 4 TD, 0 INT, 25/40 at 62.5% for 304, 77 Rushing at 7.7, sacked twice, QBR 54.4

Tua last night - 2 TD, 0 INT,  17/30 at 56.7% for 234, 7 Rushing at 7, sacked twice, QBR 54.0

Admittedly Josh had a couple of fumbles but would they have hurt is QBR to that extent? Mahomes threw three interceptions last week, had -3 for rushing yards, one less touchdown, sacked the same number of times yet got a QBR of 68.3.

ESPN cannot explain it either. And it is Their fancy stat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's honestly incredible people like you are so fragile to merely talk about a game. 

Great cliff hanger. Fact.

Penalty and weather the two key elements of the win.  Fact. 

Team out of sync still.  Fact.

Need to clean up stuff to win the SB. Fact.

The fact you take issue with any of that and feel the need to call it stupid does nothing other than reveal you have the emotional intelligence of a toddler. 

You forgot to mention snowflake. I know you wanted to though.

Elements were not required they just framed the scenario. What were required elements were runs, catches and execution. The onset of a snowstorm did not have an effect on the drive. It was a dusting, it’s not like the last drive took place in the Indy game from a few years ago where there was 12 inches of snow on the field. 

The penalty was a penalty. They call them all game long, so to insinuate that the penalty was a required element for the bills to win the game is also folly. 

Did they look out of sync? Absolutely at times. Many teams do, because the other team gets paid to play football as well. The Dolphins after losing two in a row showed some pride and moxie and made a game of it.

Do they need to clean up some things in order to win the Super Bowl? It is debatable but I think they do. I think every team entering the playoffs has certain aspects of their game to clean up in order to be the best team on the field.

Merry Christmas dude.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Buffalo was clearly the superior team once the snow/wind started coming down. Allen was passing it with no problems at all. Meanwhile Tua was huddled in his oversized jacket hiding like a turtle from the elements. 

This made me feel good about possible weather issues in playoffs when we have home field advantage in the AFC Championship game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.