Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Per Ryan it's been confirmed he's in Buffalo

In that article, Ryan just re-hashes the tweets linked in this thread.  He doesn’t cite any new or more definitive information.  Really lazy “journalism” IMO

Edited by Beck Water
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think he was only on the practice squad, and I’m not sure if that makes any difference 

Yes, it makes a significant difference.  All practice squad players are free agents who can sign with anyone.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

"Sources confirmed to NYUP and Syracuse.com that Beasley is currently in Buffalo."

Yeah, that’s as vague as can be after going to the trouble of quoting that guy’s tweet.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Beasley will get open underneath, catch the ball and fall over. This is what he has to offer at this point. I can’t really see how that is an upgrade on Shakir, but I guess the coaches see them practice every day and know better than I do.

At this point just the bolded would be appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

If Beasley is coming back to take the slot role then you might as well cut McKenzie. He’d forever be known as a gadget player and not someone the team can consistently rely on.

Or hold on to him as a gadget player.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

If he signs, it’ll just be yet another half-assed 11th hour attempt to try and provide Allen with someone decent who likely won’t make a noticeable mark. 

Even if he could, and I’m not sure he physically can, is he what Dorsey’s offensive scheme is missing?

Its uninspiring

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, it makes a significant difference.  All practice squad players are free agents who can sign with anyone.

Yeah, that’s as vague as can be after going to the trouble of quoting that guy’s tweet.

I mean them reporting it like that basically puts the weight of their reputation on him being here being true over the weight of some dude on twitter.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just can’t fathom how we haven’t been able to get anything consistent out of the slot when we have not only McKenzie, but Shakir, Hines, and Knox able to play out of there. 

Beasley and Josh have more time on task than those three combined.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.