Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

McKENZIE scares me,  Beasley makes tough catches

McKenzie has a bad week and everyone jumps on him. I didn't hear a peep when he had two very good weeks.   But yes, he has had some issues with holding on the ball when contested.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

McKenzie has a bad week and everyone jumps on him. I didn't hear a peep when he had two very good weeks.   But yes, he has had some issues with holding on the ball when contested.

To be fair we've got to have someone who can work a zone defense better. It's a shame about Crowder who I think, if he had stayed healthy, would have become a weekly performer. 

I'd like Beasley back no question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

McKenzie's most consistent trait is his inconsistency. You literally never know what you are going to get week to week with him.

Von Miller calls Allen the Will Ferrell of QBs? Well, McKenzie is the Forrest Gump of WRs...he is like a box of chocolates...never know what you are going to get.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Source?? Otherwise I’m calling bull####

Apparently someone who knows a close family member of Beasley.

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I will certainly welcome him back but honestly not sure what he has left in the tank.

This is my take.  If he has enough to help us during the stretch run, that's great.  We don't need 17 games + playoffs out of the guy.

McKenzie has just been wildly inconsistent... if they aren't willing to put Shakir out there, they might as well give Beasley a chance as long as he's in shape.

• Agree 1

I don't know what to think/how to feel about this, if in fact it turns out to be true.  My biggest, and probably only questions are, does he help this team win NOW, and is he an upgrade over what we currently have at the position?  I'm ALL about winning at this point, we are in the final stretch of the regular season and for all intents and purposes, preparing for what I hope to be a deep playoff run.  I think it's fair to say, production from the slot receiver position this year has been subpar to say the least.  Before yesterday's game, I swear I was feeling like McKenzie was finally starting to turn it on/show a little bit of consistency, but then he has multiple drops.  Shakir obviously hasn't earned coaches trust in him yet, so I don't know what to think.  And a big part of me wonders if actually hoping for this to happen is more of a battered wife/Bills PTSD syndrome, and I just desperately want production from the position.

27 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bills Mafia

Justin Romano  · Just now  · 

Cole Beasley is signing with the Bills. He flew into buffalo this morning. Not sure if he will play this week. Source: I know a family member of his. Id prefer not to say who.

What is the source from this copy and paste?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly, he looked slow last year. I mean I get it, he was one of Allen’s favorite targets but Cole looked done last year and couldn’t wait to get out of Buffalo. Until I see a source this is one of those trust me bro kind of *****

That’s my thought. And other teams have taken a look since then and passed as well. He can come be a coach and teach guys how to make plays over the middle. Don’t think he can do it though. 

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I don't mind if he looked slow last year. If he can catch, he's an upgrade versus what we've been trying to get by with. Will glady trade speed for some capable hands.

Hopefully he still has that ability to make those nasty quick cuts and get open in the short area.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

McKenzie's most consistent trait is his inconsistency. You literally never know what you are going to get week to week with him.

Von Miller calls Allen the Will Ferrell of QBs? Well, McKenzie is the Forrest Gump of WRs...he is like a box of chocolates...never know what you are going to get.

Apparently someone who knows a close family member of Beasley.

Yeah and I know a close family member who knows who the second shooter on the grassy knoll was. See how easy that is?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.