Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well Allen sucks under 45 degrees as well. 

for Tua, under 45 degrees means a road game, it’s tough to win on the road in the NFL.

Allen is the highest rated QB in playoff history.  Every game he's played in the playoffs, outside of the Texans in 2019, has been in weather below 45 degrees.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NWS Buffalo updated the Lake Snow Warning for Southern Erie to be 1-3 feet now from 15-22 inches.

Their forecast, specifically for Orchard Park:

Friday Night: 4-8"

Saturday Day: 5-9"

Saturday Night: 4-8"

Basically there will be a lot of snow and the game will look like a snow globe for the National TV Audience.

Will this be as bad as the Snow Bowl in 2017 against the Colts?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sure looks like this will look the same to anyone in the nation. Only locals will notice a diff between 8 vs 20 inches. 

About 20” in a day is a cutoff for general manageability. 

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen is the highest rated QB in playoff history.  Every game he's played in the playoffs, outside of the Texans in 2019, has been in weather below 45 degrees.

There will be more snow on the ground prior to kickoff. Not sure of the amounts during the game...it is hard to say. 

That game had nothing 20 mins before kickoff.

Edited by Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still don't know how Shady made some of those cuts in that game. It was like he was playing on a different field than everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Watertown averages slightly less than Buffalo in terms of snow but places like Booneville and Highmarket get crushed with like 200+ inches

I went to college in Oswego.  It was right on the corner of Lake Ontario.  Many years it led the state in snowfall from what I remember.  Some of the storms were crazy.  Of course we somehow managed to get to the closest store, buy a keg, and invite everyone to our apartment for a storm party.  (since the weather was clearly too severe to make it to class)

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you know what the NFL wants - a big TV audience for the game Saturday night.  IMO a snow storm will only add to the number of eye balls watching the game. This weather forecast propels an already big game into the stratosphere by injecting a uniquely interesting twist.  It makes it must see TV for football and sports fans.  The NFL loves that.

this makes way more sense that the dome/snow doomsdayers who are idiotically asking if the game tomorrow will be moved

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think that Herbert is receiving more help from his playmakers and O-Line.   Josh has not been great, but the rhythm is often interrupted by drops and holding penalties.   The Bills offense is sputtering but it is an 11 man problem, not Josh's problem.   

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Love Herbert, but I feel I'm being fairly objective here when I say most NFL GMs would choose Allen to start their franchise.

Yes, agreed. Allen is the better QB and playmaker. 

My point is all the analysts have their little lists. 

You see it in the Power Rankings - the Bills "peaked too early" or they can't win "without Von". 

And now this guy saying that Herbert has eclipsed Allen. I say, go ahead, rank Allen 20th if that makes you feel good. Keep him at #25. I hope you're like Skip Bayless and hold on. Go ahead and continue to say Baker Mayfield is better. 

If you watch the games, you see Allen's playmaking carrying the Bills offense. 

So Pat Hammer on wgr was talking about weather and travel for the game and said something like 4-5" during the game.

Granted it will be snowing from tonight until Sunday but I think if they get the field cleaned up for before kickoff it shouldn't be as bad as the colts game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.