Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

On 12/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, Greg S said:

Per the uniform gridiron database page, the Bills have already posted their color rush reds. The only look that looks worse than the all-blues. Sorry I can't post the link.

Agree totally!   But…. Then I realized the NFL wants to see red jerseys and snow for Christmas time (seriously!!!) 

So I’m good with it because of this.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, Blah Blah said:

I remember that Dolphins game in Miami with a lot of bitterness. They gave us the sunny area of the field, Buffalo had to bring their own air conditioning and wilted in the heat. 

Turnabout is fair play. How about no heat in the Dolphins locker room? Any other ideas?

A little turnabout would be nice.  I'm assuming the visitors' locker room in Miami had air conditioning, so it might not be totally fair to shut off the heat in the visitors' locker room in Orchard Park.  Miami can certainly be responsible for providing their own sideline heaters.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

A little turnabout would be nice.  I'm assuming the visitors' locker room in Miami had air conditioning, so it might not be totally fair to shut of the heat in the visitors' locker room in Orchard Park.  Miami can certainly be responsible for providing their own sideline heaters.

Crank the visitor's room heat up all the way.  Shock them!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Winter Storm watch now in place. 9+ inches of lake effect. But it's from Friday to Tuesday.

Too early yet to really get solid amounts as there are a lot of moving parts with this one that weren't really in play in the other one where it was pretty much "you are going to get an ungodly amount of snow and nothing can save you" from the get go.

This one has a bunch of things that could disrupt, shift, lessen/increase intensity, etc that won't be better known until probably late Friday night.

The heaviest snows are expected in the Southtowns and ski country from what I am seeing and it likely will be around 2 feet as of right now, but it appears that amount may begin to increase as the conditions for a longer duration event into Monday and even Tuesday of next week now looks much more favorable than earlier.

All this to say the 9 inches is probably the bare minimum for an area.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15-22 inches expected for OP and the game will be played literally in the middle of it...good luck to the Fins...going to be a hell of a broadcast tho for the National TV audience to see.

image.thumb.png.9e77d37ce357753c4651fb24541d1f72.png

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

15-22 inches expected for OP and the game will be played literally in the middle of it...good luck to the Fins...going to be a hell of a broadcast tho for the National TV audience to see.

image.thumb.png.9e77d37ce357753c4651fb24541d1f72.png

I really don't see how the Bills have any advantage at all.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I really don't see how the Bills have any advantage at all.

The Fin players will likely be shellchocked by this mentally.  It's one thing to talk about it and "practice" in the cold, but it's another thing to play in it. Very few people will ever, in their entire lifetime, see conditions like this.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

The Fin players will likely be shellchocked by this mentally.  It's one thing to talk about it and "practice" in the cold, but it's another thing to play in it.

If it was just going to be cold, I'd agree.  But playing in a snowstorm with heavy accumulation isn't going to be good for either team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey @Big Turk, you seem to know what you talking about. Son may be heading in from Morgantown. Any advice on Friday evening Vs Saturday morning along 79 and 90? 

Friday would likely be the better day, although Saturday seems OK prior to mid-afternoon. However, we all know what it is "expected" to do and what it actually does in terms of where the bands sit are two different things many times. Initially, the Buffalo Metro area was expected to get the snow that OP/Hamburg got a few weeks ago and Hamburg/OP was supposed to only get 2-3 feet.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If it was just going to be cold, I'd agree.  But playing in a snowstorm with heavy accumulation isn't going to be good for either team.

One thing not being talked about is with them wearing All White, they may be difficult to see and may blend in...I expect with the wind, visibility might not be more than 10-15 yards for much of the game and those white uniforms will blend in. If they were smart, their defenders should wear white head coverings and white sleeves to try and blend in more and the offense should wear orange sleeves/head coverings to try and stand out more.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Allen will be able to handle it better than Tua. He may have to run more than usual to do it, but I think Tua will struggle much worse. This would be a nice game for Singletary to get around 100 yards or so on the ground.

Edited by Greg S

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

they don't

I’m genuinely confused by this take…we’re one of the best teams in the league at rushing defense and stuffing short yardage runs, we have a qb with a lot of arm strength that throws a tight spiral and can run like a fullback, we get to practice in the cold/wind and generally know the wind directions this time of year in our own stadium for the kicking/passing games. 

our offensive line hasn’t been good but if Armstead is out miamis offensive line is even worse.  

miamis entire offense revolves around the threat of hill/waddle  beating the defense deep to open up timing routes in the middle of the field.  Tua regularly underthrows tyreek on deep balls even in ideal circumstances and doesn’t have a lot of arm strength to throw out routes. Receivers are going to be struggling with their footing so a lot of the offense for both teams will come down to improvisation. They don’t really run the ball particularly well either so they’re a bit of a one trick pony .  I just don’t see a single aspect of this game weather that favors the dolphins.

of course you can make the argument that heavy precipitation makes things a bit less predictable and if you’re the better team anyway maybe that’s not necessarily what you’d want but that’s a bit different of a convo.

I think people are reading way to into the jets game…if your offensive line has to hold like crazy to slow a 4 man rush down, methodically moving down the field with underneath throws is really really difficult.  You’ve got to hit a few chunk plays in a situation like that. The Miami defense is a completely different situation…they send the house to generate pressure  so the entire gameplan will be different and there will likely be more looks underneath 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.