NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I was actually a Moulds fan but I have to speak the truth on the guy.   He is SO overrated by some folks here.    

That 1998 season was still the most dominant season by a Bills WR ever, IMO..........he couldn't be stopped.   

But overall, he wasn't close to the player Diggs is, IMO.

Moulds was a rare balance of incredible power and very good speed in 1998......but put on close to 10# of muscle going into 1999........much of it in the legs......and it noticeably slowed him down.  

Agree with the part about subpar QB's feeding him relentlessly.........he had more passes thrown to him when he was covered like a blanket than any WR in Bills history.

For one great season he was probably the best receiver the Bills have ever had........but overall he was just a very good one.

s-l500.jpg

You realize that Diggs had 127 catches and over 1500 yards for the Bills in 2020 right? 

29 minutes ago, nucci said:

I kinda get it...I just think some analytics go a bit too far. It's just football. Hockey has gotten ridiculous

Think of it like this... We are closer to playing KC every week of the season than we are to playing the Texans every week of the season and we are doing it without our top guys on the field while still being 9-3.  Thats basically what those metrics mean.

17 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You have to remember that dirty play where somebody hoisted his leg up causing the hamstring tear. He was not the same after that injury.

Plus, I think you have to consider Elbert Dubenion in the best of all-time conversation. Different time, different game, but nonetheless, he was dominant against some really good secondaries. Lance Alworth was better, but not by much.

Yeah but if anyone deserved a cheap shot it was Moulds though..........dude was a legit dirtbag on and off the field.

Spitting on opponents......extreme violence against women, not paying his child support. 

That injury basically ended his effectiveness for sure, though.   But he had been in a steady decline from 1999 until then.

In 1998 Moulds was the best WR in the NFL, IMO.    Which was saying something with Randy Moss and Jerry Rice being great then, as well.

Not sure if Dubenion ever reached that level...........even just among his peers........let alone being pre-steroid and HGH era.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but if anyone deserved a cheap shot it was Moulds though..........dude was a legit dirtbag on and off the field.

Spitting on opponents......extreme violence against women, not paying his child support. 

That injury basically ended his effectiveness for sure, though.   But he had been in a steady decline from 1999 until then.

In 1998 Moulds was the best WR in the NFL, IMO.    Which was saying something with Randy Moss and Jerry Rice being great then, as well.

Not sure if Dubenion ever reached that level...........even just among his peers........let alone being pre-steroid and HGH era.

Awe man why you gotta ruin Moulds for me 🥲

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

really?  Dang, I had never heard that.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You realize that Diggs had 127 catches and over 1500 yards for the Bills in 2020 right? 

Yeah and you do realize that Moulds averaged over 20 yards per reception versus Diggs 12 yards per reception, right?

And on top of that.............did you hear that he also THEN tacked on an NFL record 240 receiving yards in the playoff game that same year! :flirt:

Try acknowledging you said something ignorant before you move on to taking the next thing out of context.

Diggs had a great season in 2020 and is the greater player, IMO,  but Moulds was unreal in 1998.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

really?  Dang, I had never heard that.

Yep on all counts.

And he kept the Bills legal counsel busy as hell..........he was such a bust and distraction to the organization going into 1998 that it was widely speculated that he would be cut.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bills have to be setting records for number of guys finishing games and then showing up on injury reports with random out of nowhere injuries. 

Milano? 🤦‍♂️

What is going on this season....

The game was six days ago.  Do you think they go into self-induced comas between game days?

9 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bills have to be setting records for number of guys finishing games and then showing up on injury reports with random out of nowhere injuries. 

Milano? 🤦‍♂️

What is going on this season....

Milano has always had lots of injuries.  That was always the weak link with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.