Deon “Primetime” Sanders to Colorado

djp14150

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Scholarship players on a team that went 1-11 last year are less valuable than having available scholarship spots for future players.  Most of these players are average to good.   That's what Colorado used to be able to attract - your average, slightly above average player.  

The media is making Montana Lemonious-Craig out as some sort of future first rounder that Sanders is casually letting leave.  He's good, but that scholarship spot is likely going to go to a 4-5 star recruit.

He’s not signing a lot of 5*s and that doesn’t matter 

he has like 30+ 3* with some 4* and he got his couple 5* guys

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 12:44 PM, gonzo1105 said:

While I don't disagree lets not act like Deion is gonna pull 5 5 Stars and 15 4 stars like the big dogs do. He has 4 commitments right now 3 Stars and a 4 Star DT Omar White who has been charged with 3 felonies. He's going to get some transfers he's gonna recruit some 4 and 3 stars like the rest of the non power Power 5 schools and have to build his way up like everyone else. 

Not many schools outside Bama, Texas, Clemson, UGA can do that. OU doesn't even do that. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not many schools outside Bama, Texas, Clemson, UGA can do that. OU doesn't even do that. 

Yup hence the he'll have to build up his team like the rest of the country. I really like Stutsman wish FSU would have recruited him out of HS. Hell of a player.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm probably the only die hard Colorado fan on here. I have a problem with the American Bison. 

What Deion is doing is unprecedented. To give you an idea, the roster he inherited had a total of 1-3 players who would have started on another PAC-12 team. Zero who would have started in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC or SEC. 

For the first time in 20 years there is excitement around the program. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's been fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Colorado said:

I'm probably the only die hard Colorado fan on here. I have a problem with the American Bison. 

What Deion is doing is unprecedented. To give you an idea, the roster he inherited had a total of 1-3 players who would have started on another PAC-12 team. Zero who would have started in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC or SEC. 

For the first time in 20 years there is excitement around the program. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's been fun. 

Shouldn’t be bottom feeders 

with some upside 

Good for Colorado 

• 1 month later...

I think the whole portal and NIL thing is a disaster.  Case-in-point.  Saint Bonaventure basketball had a great starting five two years ago.  Except for one, who declared for the draft, they all went to bigger schools.  Essentially wiped out the team.  That's not sustainable for smaller schools.  

Edited by Irv

On 6/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, Irv said:

I think the whole portal and NIL thing is a disaster.  case-in-point.  Saint Bonaventure basketball had a great starting five two years ago.  Except for one, who declared for the draft, they all went to bigger schools.  Essentially wiped out the team.  That's not sustainable for smaller schools.  

San Diego State just played in the title game. NIL can also encourage players to stay in the college ranks longer. I don't think smaller schools will just phase out. 

What I don't like is I have no idea where anybody is anymore. Which sort of sucks. I liked to follow guys and that was easier when they stayed put. I don't mind the players getting money, but I hope we can get a better system in place.  

On 6/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, Mikie2times said:

San Diego State just played in the title game. NIL can also encourage players to stay in the college ranks longer. I don't think smaller schools will just phase out. 

What I don't like is I have no idea where anybody is anymore. Which sort of sucks. I liked to follow guys and that was easier when they stayed put. I don't mind the players getting money, but I hope we can get a better system in place.  

I think that NIL will create circumstances where more players will get in trouble.

Young men in GREAT shape will be out there with hundreds of thousands of dollars in their pocket, attending schools with 15,000 women. Many will just party down, to include weed, alcohol, going to clubs, and getting women pregnant. None of these things are terribly conducive to athletic or academic success.

Btw, I am not insulting the players. Put me in the above situation as a kid and I would probably be partying with them. I am also not saying that players should not be paid. I do however make the case that some, perhaps many players will not be helped by NIL. Not every kid has the discipline of Bryce Young. 

Oh, and I do not have the answers to make this system right, but perhaps they should start with contracts of some sort. AFAIK, players can collect NIL money and then just leave their school. I am not completely sure how it works. 

I think the whole portal and NIL thing is a disaster.  Case-in-point.  Saint Bonaventure basketball had a great starting five two years ago.  Except for one, who declared for the draft, they all went to bigger schools.  Essentially wiped out the team.  That's not sustainable for smaller schools.  

Why shouldn't kids be able to decide where they want to play and go to school?  Teams can drop their scholarships whenever they want to. Schools can fire coaches that recruited and built relationships with the players whenever they want to. Why shouldn't a kid who has a n opportunity to play at a better program or get more playing time at a different program be able to take it?

Why are NILs an issue? Stetson Bennett was a millionaire before he left Georgia. He's not likely going to have a substantial career in the NFL. Why should the University be the only ones to profit from his efforts because I assure you, they do.

There are also TONS of athletes in all sorts of sports with low key NILs that help them tremendously.  Also, let's not pretend that these sorts of payments weren't already happening. It's not a new issue.  Now there's an above board, legitimate business, way to get it done rather than envelopes of cash and mysterious cars.

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Oh, and I do not have the answers to make this system right, but perhaps they should start with contracts of some sort. AFAIK, players can collect NIL money and then just leave their school. I am not completely sure how it works. 

Yes, because the agreement is with the player and the paying organization, not the University.  They aren't involved at all in the transaction so where the player plays isn't relevant unless the paying business writes it into the contract.  NILs also are not permanent. They are time limited. At least in the ones I know about.  Business A gets X from athlete in return for Y dollars.  Stetson Bennett for example had his NIL agreements written so they expired on December 31st.  His representatives then reached back out to see if you wanted to extend your agreement through the playoffs for a pre-determined dollar amount.

Take it away from the Bennett example for a second and assume it's a different player who wasn't finishing their career.  The NIL you had would expire on some date.  If the athlete transferred you likely be offered the chance to extend your agreement with the athlete at his new school.  Depending on your business you may or may not do that because if you are a more locally focused entity to the previous school then it wouldn't make sense.  If you were more national and it increased the player's profile you might want to, though in that case it would be more expensive in all likelihood.

11 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, because the agreement is with the player and the paying organization, not the University.  They aren't involved at all in the transaction so where the player plays isn't relevant unless the paying business writes it into the contract.  NILs also are not permanent. They are time limited. At least in the ones I know about.  Business A gets X from athlete in return for Y dollars.  Stetson Bennett for example had his NIL agreements written so they expired on December 31st.  His representatives then reached back out to see if you wanted to extend your agreement through the playoffs for a pre-determined dollar amount.

Take it away from the Bennett example for a second and assume it's a different player who wasn't finishing their career.  The NIL you had would expire on some date.  If the athlete transferred you likely be offered the chance to extend your agreement with the athlete at his new school.  Depending on your business you may or may not do that because if you are a more locally focused entity to the previous school then it wouldn't make sense.  If you were more national and it increased the player's profile you might want to, though in that case it would be more expensive in all likelihood.

Thanks for this. What happens if the player takes drugs, etc. and gets thrown off of the team?

Btw I am under the impression that Alabama set up a fund to which fans can contribute. I plan to make a modest donation lol.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thanks for this. What happens if the player takes drugs, etc. and gets thrown off of the team?

Btw I am under the impression that Alabama set up a fund to which fans can contribute. I plan to make a modest donation lol.

I'm not that read into the exact contract language for that aspect, but I'd guess there is some sort of moral turpitude clause written in to give the company an out.  Don't think of them as athletes tied to specific teams, think of them as celebrity endorsers of your product or business.  That's the way the relationships work.  if you are paying a celebrity to endorse your product and they mess up lots of companies will terminate agreements.  It doesn't necessarily mean they get refunds for money already spent though.

• Like (+1) 1

It's only a disaster because your willing to limit a persons opportunity's so the school you're a fan of can force them to stay. 

Edited by blitzboy54
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

24-21 Colorado in the 3Q on the road vs the 2022 CFP Runner-Up. 

Again, Sanders will make Colorado relevant again. 

Prime son is the TRUTH at QB!! Travis Hunter is a BEAST!! I want the MLB from TCU in the Bills roster next year. Hodge is his name

Prime defense is letting his team down

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

24-21 Colorado in the 3Q on the road vs the 2022 CFP Runner-Up. 

Again, Sanders will make Colorado relevant again. 

Shadeur Sanders is going to throw for about 500 yards today against #17 TCU...........he's been awesome...........and he's not the best player on the field.

That's Travis Hunter..........eating up TCU as a WR and had a great interception in the end zone........played way over 100 snaps..............#1 recruit in nation in 2022 and a tremendous 2-way player.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shadeur Sanders is going to throw for about 500 yards today against #17 TCU...........he's been awesome...........and he's not the best player on the field.

That's Travis Hunter..........eating up TCU as a WR and had a great interception in the end zone........played way over 100 snaps..............#1 recruit in nation in 2022 and a tremendous 2-way player.

510 yards, 4 TD. Victory formation. What a game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

510 yards, 4 TD. Victory formation. What a game.

I was skeptical of Shedeur.   I saw him last year and wasn't sold.   But he is legit.   Deion threw like a girl when he was a baseball player.........like one of the worst arms in all of baseball.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.