Deon “Primetime” Sanders to Colorado

djp14150

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

I liked Deion as a player. Not sure about off-field/mentor I would send my kid to play for. BUT, being in recruiting territory of CA and Texas is huge, and he should be able to snag a few mid-top guys from those areas that would have previously otherwise gone to Boise St, San Diego, Fresno St, Utah, etc.

While I'm not rooting for him to fail, I do think this ends up blowing up on him. We'll see.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Guess he didn't want to be a backup at Alabama... despite being the #1 CB in high school football. 

Or Saban told him to go pound sand:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas-nick-saban-rejected-2-players-searching-1-3-million-combined-nil-money-report

"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Normand. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

On 1/30/2023 at 4:36 PM, Cynical said:

Or Saban told him to go pound sand:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas-nick-saban-rejected-2-players-searching-1-3-million-combined-nil-money-report

"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Normand. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

On 1/30/2023 at 8:10 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

McClain was a long time Miami commit.

My post was directed towards Mr. WEO if you want to know. He said over and over kids go to schools like Colorado because they don't want to ride the bench at a Bama or tOSU. 

26 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

My post was directed towards Mr. WEO if you want to know. He said over and over kids go to schools like Colorado because they don't want to ride the bench at a Bama or tOSU. 

Your mistake was doubling down on the same joke for some reason.   

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody that had a brain cell to burn knew Deon would bring in elite recruits. It’s a beautiful area and he was doing it already outside of D1. To be perfectly honest, it’s a joke Deon didn’t get approached sooner. How many coaches in the country are going to basically guarantee you a high end class? He doesn’t need to be an elite coach. Colorado will do more than turn it around soon enough. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, KzooMike said:

Anybody that had a brain cell to burn knew Deon would bring in elite recruits. It’s a beautiful area and he was doing it already outside of D1. To be perfectly honest, it’s a joke Deon didn’t get approached sooner. How many coaches in the country are going to basically guarantee you a high end class? He doesn’t need to be an elite coach. Colorado will do more than turn it around soon enough. 

Jackson St is D1 

FCS is Lowest level D1 bit your point stands … not FBS

On 2/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, KzooMike said:

Deon has 3 years of coaching at the collegiate level in any capacity.

When should he have been approached? After one week?

"He doesn’t need to be an elite coach. Colorado will do more than turn it around soon enough."

If Colorado starts churning out 6-8 wins a season, that will good enough?

• 1 month later...

According to Sports Illustrated, since Dion took over, 43 scholarship players have entered the transfer portal.  He might be successful but it may take some time to get players there that buy into what he wants.

Edit….  Deon, not Dion.   Oops

On 4/24/2023 at 10:01 PM, f0neguy said:

According to Sports Illustrated, since Dion took over, 43 scholarship players have entered the transfer portal.  He might be successful but it may take some time to get players there that buy into what he wants.

If it doesn't happen soon it probably won't happen.   It's not going to be 3-4 year "wait til my first class are seniors" re-build.   He's building the Buffs like it's a TV movie and he'll tie up all the loose ends when the montage sets in.   Confidence men run the world but there are times in the process of setting the trap when they actually have to have a base to build from.   Like the Crypto pirates that have scammed some TSW members out of a notable portion of their retirement.  Deion doesn't have that at the big time college level yet.   If he is successful before he quits I will be surprised and have a much greater appreciation for the power of his bullsh!t.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:01 PM, f0neguy said:

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If it doesn't happen soon it probably won't happen.   It's not going to be 3-4 year "wait til my first class are seniors" re-build.   He's building the Buffs like it's a TV movie and he'll tie up all the loose ends when the montage sets in.   Confidence men run the world but there are times in the process of setting the trap when they actually have to have a base to build from.   Like the Crypto pirates that have scammed some TSW members out of a notable portion of their retirement.  Deion doesn't have that at the big time college level yet.   If he is successful before he quits I will be surprised and have a much greater appreciation for the power of his bullsh!t.

He may have lost 45 players who he says didnt but in…

he signed 48 HS seniors or college transfers

im not saying it will work out … but he got the replacement numbers …. And they were bad

Scholarship players on a team that went 1-11 last year are less valuable than having available scholarship spots for future players.  Most of these players are average to good.   That's what Colorado used to be able to attract - your average, slightly above average player.  

The media is making Montana Lemonious-Craig out as some sort of future first rounder that Sanders is casually letting leave.  He's good, but that scholarship spot is likely going to go to a 4-5 star recruit.

24 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Scholarship players on a team that went 1-11 last year are less valuable than having available scholarship spots for future players.  Most of these players are average to good.   That's what Colorado used to be able to attract - your average, slightly above average player.  

The media is making Montana Lemonious-Craig out as some sort of future first rounder that Sanders is casually letting leave.  He's good, but that scholarship spot is likely going to go to a 4-5 star recruit.

While I don't disagree lets not act like Deion is gonna pull 5 5 Stars and 15 4 stars like the big dogs do. He has 4 commitments right now 3 Stars and a 4 Star DT Omar White who has been charged with 3 felonies. He's going to get some transfers he's gonna recruit some 4 and 3 stars like the rest of the non power Power 5 schools and have to build his way up like everyone else. 

42 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

While I don't disagree lets not act like Deion is gonna pull 5 5 Stars and 15 4 stars like the big dogs do. He has 4 commitments right now 3 Stars and a 4 Star DT Omar White who has been charged with 3 felonies. He's going to get some transfers he's gonna recruit some 4 and 3 stars like the rest of the non power Power 5 schools and have to build his way up like everyone else. 

Yep, we'll see.  Colorado football has straight up sucked since the Gary Barnett days, and that was back in 2005.  Recruitment wise, it's only up from here!  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.