I’m kind of Over the Hines Experiment

EmotionallyUnstable

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

During the game, Nantz was talking about him having more yards than the offense, and Romo pointed out that kickoff returns keep the offense off the field, which contributed to their low numbers. I was just playing off of that comment.

Oh, got it. Still…This is akin to digging up JA rookie season threads doubting his abilities. No one could predict JA’s rise. No one else, and I mean no one thought for a hot second that Hines would return 2 kickoffs in a game. 

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Oh, got it. Still…This is akin to digging up JA rookie season threads doubting his abilities. No one could predict JA’s rise. No one else, and I mean no one thought for a hot second that Hines would return 2 kickoffs in a game. 

I'm not the one who dug it up and I wasn't trying to pile on - I was just making a lighthearted joke based on some game-time dialog.

As for the bold, a lot of people predicted JA's rise, starting with Beane and McDermott. And quite a few posters here too.

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm not the one who dug it up and I wasn't trying to pile on - I was just making a lighthearted joke based on some game-time dialog.

As for the bold, a lot of people predicted JA's rise, starting with Beane and McDermott. And quite a few posters here too.

I know you didn’t dig it up. I’m not fighting with ya, just sharing my thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Not really pearl clutching. Even the slightest criticism is met with intense vitriolic responses. 

However, when this was posted, Hines was doing absolutely nothing and had a lot of people, outside this board, scratching their heads. 

Well, fwiw, imo, a lot of folk get quite impatient concerning personnel usage, I admit to going down that road on occasion,  on this board and to include the talking heads out there, we all know less of what is actually going on than we spout off about,  sure it gets frustrating at points, but it is no different on with other teams, after all, as much as we like football it is only a game, and in the grand scheme of things, not so important,  something that was out front and center not so many days ago…, 

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

I agree. But when he was traded for most on here thought he'd be the man as an RB. Which I have been proven right about per usual-he is third string there

No one thought he'd replace Singletary as RB1, or even Cook as RB2. I seem to remember Beane or McDermott commenting that having him on returns frees someone else up to focus on receiving, not sure if it was Shakir or McKenzie.

57 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Thank you!!!! 100000000% Can't like this enough. 

What if I told you threads like this were intense vitriolic responses to personnel decisions by the Bills management and you are getting back what you are dishing out?

We gave the colts very little for Hines and vastly improved our return game even before today's game. It isn't a trade that needs to be criticized, and wasn't an "experiment" to replace our RBs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Considering what we gave up for Himes, we got a decent return even if he doesn't do anything else significant.  He certainly has a chance to impact every game at least with kick returns

I can kinda see where this is going so I’ll just say this to save myself….Hines is the best kick returner in the history of the NFL. The Bills are lucky to have him and he guarantees us a Lombardi Trophy. 

@Bandito sometimes you just gotta fall on the sword. Live to post another day. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I can kinda see where this is going so I’ll just say this to save myself….Hines is the best kick returner in the history of the NFL. The Bills are lucky to have him and he guarantees us a Lombardi Trophy. 

@Bandito sometimes you just gotta fall on the sword. Live to post another day. 

and sometimes not be that guy that says "I told you so" then expect a pin or a badge.

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

As did Chris Simms and a few other pundits. 

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This thread aged well.

The expectation when we got him was someone who was actually going to be a mismatch on offense. He’s been a good returner for us but our inability to actually use him on offense has been disappointing.

We heard all about how Hines can line up in the backfield, in the slot, yada yada yada.

I don’t blame Hines for not being used, I blame Dorsey. I don’t think he can consistently design an offense that can create mismatches or scheme guys open. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The expectation when we got him was someone who was actually going to be a mismatch on offense. He’s been a good returner for us but our inability to actually use him on offense has been disappointing.

We heard all about how Hines can line up in the backfield, in the slot, yada yada yada.

I don’t blame Hines for not being used, I blame Dorsey. I don’t think he can consistently design an offense that can create mismatches or scheme guys open. 

Unfortunately, Beane and Co. have no ba11s and will hang onto Dorsey. Can’t wait. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.