Khalil Shakir's pic on a milk carton

Dan Darragh

I swear, the Bills actually have a guy named Khalil Shakir, a much touted rookie who has pulled a disappearing act.

Shakir has only had 2 targets in the last 4 games, and zero targets in the last two games when the Bills were only carrying 4 WRs.

What happened?  Can't get open?  Dissed the coaches?  Tried to hit on Josh's GF?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dunno but he has played 25% of the snaps on the season and 44% of the snaps against Detroit.  Got his second biggest opportunity of the season against Detroit and did nothing with it.  Dude is invisible.

No targets at all.  Hard to blame him unless he never got open which I highly doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I swear, the Bills actually have a guy named Khalil Shakir, a much touted rookie who has pulled a disappearing act.

Shakir has only had 2 targets in the last 4 games, and zero targets in the last two games when the Bills were only carrying 4 WRs.

What happened?  Can't get open?  Dissed the coaches?  Tried to hit on Josh's GF?

They won the last 2 games without him.

• Like (+1) 1

Man first Dorsey, THEN McDermott, and now players like Shakir???!?!?

Did you SEE the stat line for McKenzie? 6 REC/96 YDS/1 TD and led the team in yards. Between the receivers, 17 receptions and Stefon led with 8.

Shakir is a victim of the success of the others... you can't stop throwing to dudes just to get Shakir the ball if they are producing. This thread is a joke...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is struggling to separate at the moment. He is never gonna a big separator against man coverage and he just hasn't quite developed that sense yet of how to manipulate the soft spots in zone to get open. 

Patience. 

He was described by draft people as Deebo-lite.  Can play outside, if needed, but is more of a slot/gadget. 

It’s part of the reason he dropped.   Teams saw his ability, but you don’t draft chess piece WR’s early in a loaded draft with outside WR’s and top tier slot options. 

He’s a guy that a creative OC would love.  Whether it’s practice time, first year struggles or Dorsey’s philosophy, he’s not really showing to be very creative at the moment. 

I think he’s the future slot WR for this team, and could be a really good one as soon as next year .. but this year, we can’t even figure out how to use Cook, Hines and Knox, let alone Shakir on an offense big on experience & trust. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He was described by draft people as Deebo-lite.  Can play outside, if needed, but is more of a slot/gadget. 

I liked him in the draft. I had a late 3 on him. But he was firmly in my slot category. I think he can take snaps outside but not sure u can rely on him to "play outside" with any consistency. I think he is just not quite where he needs to be right now. But the Bills need to be patient with him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe he just can’t play at this level yet. Like Cook. With some guys it just takes a little time. Some guys never get it. Who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s part of the reason he dropped.   Teams saw his ability, but you don’t draft chess piece WR’s early in a loaded draft with outside WR’s and top tier slot options. 

He’s a guy that a creative OC would love.  Whether it’s practice time, first year struggles or Dorsey’s philosophy, he’s not really showing to be very creative at the moment. 

I think he’s the future slot WR for this team, and could be a really good one as soon as next year .. but this year, we can’t even figure out how to use Cook, Hines and Knox, let alone Shakir on an offense big on experience & trust. 

Can Dorsey be that OC?  Jury still out, but the first few games I thought he would be.  Did McD reign him in?   Is it holding things back until Shakir develops more?  

just hate to see potential possibly wasted based on weak play calls if that’s the reason.  I hope Dorsey grows as well

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Maybe he just can’t play at this level yet. Like Cook. With some guys it just takes a little time. Some guys never get it. Who knows?

Cook looks dangerous running the ball.  

Ironically enough, he looks shaky af in the passing game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.