Khalil Shakir's pic on a milk carton

Dan Darragh

55 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

No targets at all.  Hard to blame him unless he never got open which I highly doubt.

Well he had 35 snaps (64%) against Detroit.  Either he aint getting open or Josh doesnt want to throw him the ball.  Thats plenty of looks in a game to do something.

18 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Maybe he just can’t play at this level yet. Like Cook. With some guys it just takes a little time. Some guys never get it. Who knows?

Could be but it seems to me that just about every player the Bills draft takes "a little time."  Last drafted player I can recall really making an immediate impact was Tre White.  Everyone else seems to take until their rookie contract is about to expire or is just an ok role player at best.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

The Bills wasted money and draft picks on defense. They didn't get an actual NFL receiver until year 3 when Diggs came here. Look at Allen’s receivers his rookie year and 2nd year and you can’t be honest that they were setting him up to succeed. The receivers he had were actual bums from the street. With the exception of Diggs, Allen has no help.

Defensive minded HC McDermott tells Allen “oh hey…um yeah just go out there and you and Dorsey do your thing…make it work or whatever…I got defensive game film to study”

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

I find it hard to believe he's covered every play.

I agree. I put it in one of my other posts that I wish I had the all 22 to look at to see. I am all for Shakir and rooting for him to be successful. But with a 47% catch rate and 0 targets in the last 2 games? I can see why this thread was started. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The Bills wasted money and draft picks on defense. They didn't get an actual NFL receiver until year 3 when Diggs came here. Look at Allen’s receivers his rookie year and 2nd year and you can’t be honest that they were setting him up to succeed. The receivers he had were actual bums from the street. With the exception of Diggs, Allen has no help.

Defensive minded HC McDermott tells Allen “oh hey…um yeah just go out there and you and Dorsey do your thing…make it work or whatever…I got defensive game film to study”

Wut?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

I swear, the Bills actually have a guy named Khalil Shakir, a much touted rookie who has pulled a disappearing act.

Shakir has only had 2 targets in the last 4 games, and zero targets in the last two games when the Bills were only carrying 4 WRs.

What happened?  Can't get open?  Dissed the coaches?  Tried to hit on Josh's GF?

He made the mistake of playing good in the one game and that was it for him. kinda like Singletary or Cook who have a few good plays and the hook grabs them off the stage

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Man first Dorsey, THEN McDermott, and now players like Shakir???!?!?

Did you SEE the stat line for McKenzie? 6 REC/96 YDS/1 TD and led the team in yards. Between the receivers, 17 receptions and Stefon led with 8.

Shakir is a victim of the success of the others... you can't stop throwing to dudes just to get Shakir the ball if they are producing. This thread is a joke...

The problem with this poast:  Mckenzie hasn’t had much success - prior to this week, he had 13 receptions in last 6 games-  

gabe has 1 good game in the last 5.

Knox’s best game is 7-70-0-  not much success.  

Considering our WRs, I’m shocked he hasn’t had more targets since the Steeler game.  He had 5 targets in that game and 6 combined targets since.  

22 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Wut?

Consider the source.  WPE

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I swear, the Bills actually have a guy named Khalil Shakir, a much touted rookie who has pulled a disappearing act.

Shakir has only had 2 targets in the last 4 games, and zero targets in the last two games when the Bills were only carrying 4 WRs.

What happened?  Can't get open?  Dissed the coaches?  Tried to hit on Josh's GF?

Much touted? He’s a 5th round pick on a team with Super Bowl aspirations. They brought in Crowder and then Hines because he’s not really ready to contribute 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.