Scheme & Coaching matter

WIDE LEFT

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

This is correct. 

Seems like some sort of dig at Frazier... he's done this plenty of times to opposing QBs as well. Our issue against the Jets wasn't stopping Wilson... he threw for 154 yards. It was the two horrible turnovers by Josh and the inability to stop the run. 

154 yards was 150 too much!! Yes, the Allen TOs were terrible but that should've been a game the defense and Tyler Bass won for us

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This has been my argument here the last few years in terms of why I hate this defensive scheme and not fooled by the top 5 overall rankings each year.

Too many times in recent years this defense has let both subpar and elite NFL starting QB's rip them to shreds even when mostly healthy. And it's at the point where opposing teams and coaching staffs are begging for multiple 3rd/4th and long plays against this unit because they seem to be easier to convert than a 3rd/4th and short play.

oh yeah you heard them beg for it? cool.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

154 yards was 150 too much!! Yes, the Allen TOs were terrible but that should've been a game the defense and Tyler Bass won for us

If 154 is too much, the pats gave up 355 passing yards in the first jets matchup 😂 and if we want to start factoring in garbage time, the bills gave up a heck of a lot less yards against the browns lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

As demonstrated by Bill Belichick and Leslie Frazier. Pats, in two successive games,  completely shut down Zach Wilson, so completely that he has been benched. When Wilson played against the Bills, he looked like a real NFL QB. For one of the very few times in his career.

Last 2 times Wilson played the Bills Wilson has a TOTAL of 141 net passing yards. I guess Wilson last game vs the Bills was better than last year where Wilson had 5 NET passing yards for the WHOLE GAME

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

No milano.  No Poyer.   No rousseau in the 2nd half. Among others.  Bernard got destroyed.  

I agree, we still should’ve won, but Allens TO’s we’re too much to overcome.  They came at terrible times and that’s why we lost.  Wilson made a couple nice throws too.  

Edited by NewEra

14 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I recall Frazier’s scheme could not protect a lead with 13 seconds v KC. His “scheme” included protecting the sideline despite the fact KC still had 3 timeouts. Travis Kielce tells Mahomes that the way the Bills are playing their D scheme, he will be wide open down the middle. And he was. This player saw it, our D coordinator somehow did not. 

I recall Belichicks scheme couldnt make us punt for like 2 full games in a row so...

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This has been my argument here the last few years in terms of why I hate this defensive scheme and not fooled by the top 5 overall rankings each year.

Too many times in recent years this defense has let both subpar and elite NFL starting QB's rip them to shreds even when mostly healthy. And it's at the point where opposing teams and coaching staffs are begging for multiple 3rd/4th and long plays against this unit because they seem to be easier to convert than a 3rd/4th and short play.

Yeah, Im sure that opposing coaches around the league are saying to themselves... if only we could get to 3rd and long here we will be ok.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Process said:

Great post. 

Belichick has basically been Josh Allen's bi*** for two years. 

I love his scheme.

Was just going to post that.  Josh Allen and Bills O scored a TD on every drive in their last game against BB’s amazing schemes.  And that was in freezing temps that normally help limit the passing game. 

18 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I recall Frazier’s scheme could not protect a lead with 13 seconds v KC. His “scheme” included protecting the sideline despite the fact KC still had 3 timeouts. Travis Kielce tells Mahomes that the way the Bills are playing their D scheme, he will be wide open down the middle. And he was. This player saw it, our D coordinator somehow did not. 

And Bellicheat lost the same way to the Chiefs with 16 seconds using the exact same scheme. Another stupid useless thread.

• Agree 1

This should really be an offensive thread.  Redzone scheme matters.

1 hour ago, Flucod said:

And Bellicheat lost the same way to the Chiefs with 16 seconds using the exact same scheme. Another stupid useless thread.

Do you understand how boring this place would be if only the threads deemed worthy were posted?  

• Disagree 1

22 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

All the posts praising Frazier are accurate. But so is this one. Players sometimes make dumb plays. Coaches can make dumb calls and have bad games.

Do I think overall Belichick is better than Frazier? Yes. But Leslie has done a fine job too. 

23 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

As demonstrated by Bill Belichick and Leslie Frazier. Pats, in two successive games,  completely shut down Zach Wilson, so completely that he has been benched. When Wilson played against the Bills, he looked like a real NFL QB. For one of the very few times in his career.

In our loss to the jets:

Wilson: 18-25

154 yds, 1 td and ZERO ints

Allen: 18-34

205 yds, 0 td and TWO ints

Not sure what game you watched, but both qbs sucked. Josh just sucked more. The defense and Frazier did not lose that game. Josh and the offense did. I know that’s a hard pill to swallow for Josh apologists, but it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Ok, sure. 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.