Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

8 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

Yes, that’s rational thinking. But now our head coach is saying things along the lines of “encouraging” Tre (very much putting the ball in his court). Sal is a loyal, local reporter and feels the same (McDermott hoping for Tre to feel confident and get back on the field). It’s not so much speculation. There is more substance to the internet rumors. 

This.  Tre isn't on the injury report.  McDermott has not said that Tre's issue is a physical one.   In point of fact, McD noted that Tre simply has to have the willingness to "go."  Tre doesn't have that now.  Ergo, he does not want to play football.  Whether that's because he no longer enjoys the game, is worried about long-term health issues, or is not confident in his knee is uncertain.  But, what's clear is that at this particular moment in time, he does not want to play.  And every time Poyer goes out there with half an arm, it seems to become a bigger problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

John thinks Tre will play next week against NE

I think it will be a home game…. So Dec 11 vs Jets.

That will give him 5 games prior to playoffs. There’s zero need to rush him.

Even then, his snap count will be in the teens, not til the playoffs will I think we see him get 40+ snaps.

that’s still 45 days away. Fans need to be patient. This slow and steady is 100% the right move.

Theres potentially still 11 games to be played!!!! ELEVEN!!

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

This.  Tre isn't on the injury report.  McDermott has not said that Tre's issue is a physical one.   In point of fact, McD noted that Tre simply has to have the willingness to "go."  Tre doesn't have that now.  Ergo, he is not ready to play football.  Whether that's because he no longer enjoys the game, is worried about long-term health issues, or is not confident in his knee is uncertain.  But, what's clear is that at this particular moment in time, he is not ready to play football.  And every time Poyer goes out there with half an arm, it seems to become a bigger problem. 

Fixed.  That’s what we know.  We don’t know that he doesn’t want to play.  Want to play and ready to play are two entirely different things and both are plausible from everything you stated above.  

What your insinuating is not clear.  We have no idea if he wants to play or not.  There are other ways you could’ve worded this but chose to word it in a negative way to suit your agenda.  

you have no idea what Poyer feels about this or if he sees this as a problem. Let  alone a problem that gets bigger by the day. Zilch.  Stop pretending.  

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if anyone caught it, but at the end of Diggs's press conference they asked him "what's it like going against Tre these days?"

He said two things that should alleviate any concerns:

1) "He's one of the hardest working players I've ever met, if not the hardest working."

2) "He's looking good and he'll be ready soon."

• Like (+1) 5

54 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think it will be a home game…. So Dec 11 vs Jets.

That will give him 5 games prior to playoffs. There’s zero need to rush him.

Even then, his snap count will be in the teens, not til the playoffs will I think we see him get 40+ snaps.

that’s still 45 days away. Fans need to be patient. This slow and steady is 100% the right move.

Theres potentially still 11 games to be played!!!! ELEVEN!!

he's not being rushed. We need all our best players for the regular season to make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Fixed.  That’s what we know.  We don’t know that he doesn’t want to play.  Want to play and ready to play are two entirely different things and both are plausible from everything you stated above.  

What your insinuating is not clear.  We have no idea if he wants to play or not.  There are other ways you could’ve worded this but chose to word it in a negative way to suit your agenda.  

you have no idea what Poyer feels about this or if he sees this as a problem. Let  alone a problem that gets bigger by the day. Zilch.  Stop pretending.  

I don’t have an agenda.  Listen to the press conferences and check the injury report.  And, if one (you) read carefully, you’d note that I didn’t say that poyer has a problem. What was said was white’s reluctance becomes a bigger issue every time a banged up poyer puts his body on the line for this team as he approaches free agency. 

The facts remains that White had been medically cleared to play, that McD has strongly implied that the issue is not physical, that White is not in an injury report, and that White still has not participated.  There is no conclusion to be drawn other than, at this point, he does not want to play football.  Like it or not, that’s where we’re at.  To paraphrase our head coach, sometimes you just gotta go.  He’s chosen to not go.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Tre will know when he is ready to go.  All this guessing is not productive and the speculating that he doesn't want to play is really bad.  

It’s not speculation.  He’s medically cleared.  He’s not on an injury report.  His head coach declined to say that there’s a physical limitation .  I get the fear of reinjury, but one assumes that risk when he signs the contract.   He’s able to go, and he doesn’t want to go. At this moment in time, he does not want to play football.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m starting to lean towards he’s not playing because Tre doesn’t think his play is up to his standard yet.  Seems like a perfectionist type guy.  

I’d put more stock in this if I didn’t see him practicing in sneakers last week.  Based on everything I’ve heard and read it’s a psychological issue.  Which, normally, in other walks of life would be fine.  But he earns $1m per game to  expose himself to that risk and it’s time to give it a “go” and see what happens. 

I’ll add that this is why it’s so important that he gives it a “go” this week:  Elam is running around on a bad ankle.  Rhodes can’t come up again without being added to the active roster.  So if Elam can’t go, and White doesn’t want to participate, then someone will lose his job to get Rhodes up as an extra corner OR we roll with Cam Lewis/Siran Neal as the third outside corner this week.  Not a good plan.  He’s medically cleared and he has to give it a shot this week. 

Edited by SectionC3