Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let me ask all of the "Tre needs to play" people this question, say he plays and the opposing WR torches him all game. Then what?? 

Guess what, he's paid very well. Could give a sh.t about his ego. Then what? Pretty much what we're seeing.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Then he gets torched but at least you know what you have.   Kind of a silly what if.   Do you just keep him out forever because there is a chance he may play bad or get injured again?

Don't you think they know what they have from watching him at practice?? Personally, I think it's SILLY for people to rush him back because THEY want to see how he looks

47 minutes ago, Radar said:

Guess what, he's paid very well. Could give a sh.t about his ego. Then what? Pretty much what we're seeing.

Now he needs to play because he makes a lot of money?? 🙄. He's earned every cent he makes. Have you ever suffered from an ACL tear?? 

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

Let's have him come back before he is ready and have a setback that keeps him out the rest of the year.  Not sure why the money thing is bothering you.  White isn't the only injured player ever to be paid while recovering from injury.  Happens all over the league.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, julian said:

And there you go again acting as though having a mental roadblock is some weakness that’s not a real thing for athletes. You could have just disagreed instead of the age old tactic of misrepresentation.

I broke my back in 4 places and needed fusion surgery… I was diagnosed with clinical depression and was totally unaware of how debilitating  mentally and emotionally it would be to overcome.

It’s a real thing for injured athletes and you should respect it instead of laughing at the mere thought of it.

You’re crying to the wrong guy, dude. I’m a 2x cancer survivor, have 2x titanium hips, half a stomach and 3 stents in my arteries. I was a NCAA division 1 athlete back in the early 70s (hockey).

Yeah, it’s tough as hell to realize that all your hard work and endless hours of practice and training are gone and you’re back to square one. You know, I didn’t have what it takes to make it to the next level. Then I had to face up to the reality that I had to get a real job like everyone else. It sucks and it plays games with the head.

Here, we are talking about a guy who rose above that. Sometimes even today it makes me envious. However, if you have everything it takes to do it once, you can do it again. You suck it up, take the bitter pill and rise up again. I’ve been there a few times and expect nothing less from any elite athlete. In the case of Tre White, he is a lot more accomplished than I ever was. He certainly has a lot more money and accolades than I ever had. He needs to get back to work, get healthy and be the best version of himself. Failure is simply not an option.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m just realizing that we haven’t had a good player tear an ACL in a long time. 

I know Harrison Phillips had one but he was a depth player. I know he struggled his 1st year back.

Anyone have a name? Kiko Alonso is the last big name ACL I can think of. They traded him the next offseason. He tore his after a huge rookie year in the offseason. Bills traded him before playing another down.

All I know with ACLs is everyone is different. Could be 8 months or could be a year+.

The good thing with White is he’s practiced for 6 weeks without any setbacks.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

This gets to the point where our management group has been keeping  to confidentiality rules surrounding players injuries . So fans are watching a third rate secondary the last few games with White being cleared to play weeks ago. Why would White be allowed to take direction from his private medical team when all the other players are advised by team accredited doctors and surgeons. Hasn’t White been practicing for weeks? Beane should have fortified this position before the deadline. We need to know what’s the window for White’s return is. The fans are paying for these monster contracts which limit player acquisitions. The injury happened a year ago. These complications are happening late in the process. Either our medical team or Beane has handled this player poorly.

All injured NFL players have the right to a second medical opinion not affiliated with the team, and if they choose to pursue treatment, to follow that medical advice.

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know Harrison Phillips had one but he was a depth player.

He wasn't supposed to be a depth player

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

All injured NFL players have the right to a second medical opinion not affiliated with the team, and if they choose to pursue treatment, to follow that medical advice.

He wasn't supposed to be a depth player

We had Ed Oliver, Star, and Jordan Phillips when he tore his ACL. He also tore his ACL early in the season and returned for the season opener. He’s also not a big name player.

I can’t think of anyone else besides Kiko Alonzo almost 10 years ago and he was traded before playing another snap with the Bills.

5 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

So you admit you assume. That's good.

You should stop drawing conclusions from assumptions though. That's bad.

Considering we don't know and only assume, i'm willing to give tre the benefit of the doubt. He has earned that by being an excellent player, leader, teammate, and community member.

I assumed correctly you would make those kinds of irrelevant points.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We had Ed Oliver, Star, and Jordan Phillips when he tore his ACL. He also tore his ACL early in the season and returned for the season opener. He’s also not a big name player.

Harrison Phillips was marketed as the replacement for Kyle Williams when he was drafted in the 3rd round of 2018.   The line between starter and backup will always be blurry for the Bills DL because of McDermott's insistence on DL rotation, but at the start of 2019, most observers felt he was playing well and starting to take snaps from Star. 

Then the ACL

It's true that Phillips participated in training camp, but he also was NOT playing well to start the 2020 season, and he wound up being made a healthy scratch for 4 games mid-season.  After the season Beane and McDermott implied that it was in part, to give him more time to "get right", that he really wasn't ready to play at the beginning of the season. 

Neither Jordan Phillips (left in FA) nor Star Lotulelei (Covid opt-out) were with the Bills at that time, and Jordan Phillips typically does not play 1TDT

So if the idea is to use Harrison Phillips as an argument for "guy who came back from ACL in less than a year" not sure he supports that case, and he was badly needed because with Star opting out, the pickin's at 1TDT were slim - Harrison Phillips was hoped to be the "it" guy.  Instead, it was Vernon Butler and who?  The Bills defense was not living up to expectations.  We wound up platooning a bunch of guys and running 1TDT by committee.

BTW, we got another guy who tore his ACL 4 weeks before Tre on the Bills practice squad right now - Justin Zimmer. 

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, warrior9 said:

What? He's a human being. He tore his ACL and plays a position that requires a lot of lateral movement. If he and the coaches feel a few more weeks will benefit him, who cares? Do you want to rush him back and have him tear it again? 

Is that you, sports fan sitting at home on a computer criticizing and injured player for wanting to protect his longevity for the sake of your favorite sports team winning?

I think I was criticizing the OP

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Harrison Phillips was marketed as the replacement for Kyle Williams when he was drafted in the 3rd round of 2018.   The line between starter and backup will always be blurry for the Bills DL because of McDermott's insistence on DL rotation, but at the start of 2019, most observers felt he was playing well and starting to take snaps from Star. 

Then the ACL

It's true that Phillips participated in training camp, but he also was NOT playing well to start the 2020 season, and he wound up being made a healthy scratch for 4 games mid-season.  After the season Beane and McDermott implied that it was in part, to give him more time to "get right", that he really wasn't ready to play at the beginning of the season. 

Neither Jordan Phillips (left in FA) nor Star Lotulelei (Covid opt-out) were with the Bills at that time, and Jordan Phillips typically does not play 1TDT

So if the idea is to use Harrison Phillips as an argument for "guy who came back from ACL in less than a year" not sure he supports that case, and he was badly needed because with Star opting out, the pickin's at 1TDT were slim - Harrison Phillips was hoped to be the "it" guy.  Instead, it was Vernon Butler and who?  The Bills defense was not living up to expectations.  We wound up platooning a bunch of guys and running 1TDT by committee.

BTW, we got another guy who tore his ACL 4 weeks before Tre on the Bills practice squad right now - Justin Zimmer. 

Lol no. The post was pretty clearly asking what big name players have torn their ACL for the Bills recently. I listed the 2 that I could remember, Phillips and Kiko Alonzo.

I don’t believe Harrison Phillips qualifies as a big name player.

As for how quickly players return, it’s going to depend on the player. Everyone is different.

18 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Everyone heals differently but it will be interesting to see if Jameson Williams actually makes it back to live action before Tre. He tore is ACL in January of this year, about two months after Tre's injury.

This guy is a Detroit Lions senior writer and insider:

The difference is that Jameson knows what route he's running. Tre has to guess what route Jameson is running. 

52 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The fact that he is not playing is ok, but what confuses me is that they brought him back to practice too early.  Once they brought him back most people assumed that he would be playing within 3 weeks.  

That’s only because of PUP rules. We never actually knew what the plan was. People are acting like having White fully practicing is some sort of negative. As long as he’s practicing he can play at anytime. We want him fully practicing. There has been no setbacks which is also good.

There’s no negative to this situation. We’re creating the drama. The alternative is not better. Putting White on IR doesn’t make us better faster.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 3