Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, wppete said:

Excited to see Mike Love get a chance. Hope he gets some reps, he deserves some. 

He's a guy u root for - he's a baller

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Shakir being part of the game plan tomorrow I think he could provide a much needed spark for our passing game…. He had 3 catches for 75 yards against Pittsburgh and after that they just quit using him… I don’t get it…

Seems like they don’t even look his way. Would love to see him used on some screens, at least. 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if AJ Klein will play at all 2mrw with Edmunds down. I was kind of high on Dodson but might be eating my words on him now that he’s gotten a chance. He needs to play better.

Dodson was horrendous in coverage last week. Just looked like he was stuck in mud.  We really need Klein out there. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Dodson was horrendous in coverage last week. Just looked like he was stuck in mud.  We really need Klein out there. 

Led the team in tackles but most of them were after he let guys catch the ball

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You gents remember that time Klein was garbage and then absolutely wrecked a couple games and was back to back defensive player of the week or some such shenanigans? He was in the backfield every other play blowing it up. 

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Cover1 did a comparison of Dodson vs. Edmunds covering essentially the same play.  If you want to understand it, watch the Edmunds play with Turner's voice-over explaining how Edmunds covers correctly, then watch Dodson simply not recognize when he's supposed to pick up the TE.

Woof.

11 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

You gents remember that time Klein was garbage and then absolutely wrecked a couple games and was back to back defensive player of the week or some such shenanigans? He was in the backfield every other play blowing it up. 

To be fair to Klein, Frazier stated in an interview that normally, Milano-Edmunds-Taron Johnson  work together in a very coordinated fashion.  With Milano on IR, Frazier re-distributed some of those responsibilities to give Klein a role he was more suited for.

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Hm. We did not elevate a DB from the practice squad for tomorrow. Is that unusual? Is Rhodes still on the active roster?

No, he was elevated for 1 game last week with Kaiir Elam out for the game.

With Kaiir Elam back, the CB may be Jackson, Elam, Benford, with Taron Johnson as the nickel and Lewis backing up outside, nickel, and safety.

What will be interesting is how they handle Jordan Poyer, Damar Hamlin, Jaquan Johnson, and Dean Marlowe.  I think they may have been concerned Poyer couldn't last the whole game, and they don't want to play Hamlin and Johnson.

Last week they had 10 DBs active.

7 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Looks like they can bring someone up tomorrow 

I don't think that's correct, the PS elevations this week were Mike Love (DE) and Tanner Gentry (WR).

Edited by Beck Water

Buffalo is 0-2 all time on Thanksgiving vs. Detroit. 

In 1976, OJ Simpson set the single-game record for a Thanksgiving game for most rushing yards, with 273 yards on 29 rushes, with two TD's. At the time, it was also the most ever rushing yards in a game. He also did it against Detroit's number-one ranked defense. Unfortunately, the Bills lost 27-14.

What a "Billsy" thing to do. Your running back rushes for 273 yards, and you lose???????? How is this even possible? Buffalo QB Gary Mangini was 4 for 21 for 29 yards, 0 TD's, and one interception. His Detroit counterpart, Greg Landry, was 8 for 20 for 143 yards, two TD's, and one interception.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197611250det.htm

thanksgiving.jpg

At least the Detroit fans cheered ecstatically for OJ's feat (easier to do when your team is winning). This is a short clip of OJ's highlights from the game, from 6:32 to the end:

Edited by chongli
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.