Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Facts are he’s never cracked 1k yards. Not even close. And we play in 17 games now. You want to make an argument that he would be well over that if we gave him the ball more that’s fine. My argument would be that if he was actually any good, he would get more chances. Fact is he isn’t very good and hasn’t proved why he should get the ball more. He’s 4 years into a career here. Time to start admitting what he is. 

Neither has Alvin Kamara. Time to find a new soapbox. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Neither has Alvin Kamara. Time to find a new soapbox. 

Lol. Can’t believe you are actually comparing Devin Singletary to Alvin Kamara. Comical. You get the best post of the year in this one. 

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

If our boy Allen stops giving the ball and points away, and with it, games, that would help everyone including himself.

Yeah maybe if he had a defense that could tackle as well would help. And a line that blocks, and a RB that doesn’t suck, and a coach that isn’t terrible at game management in critical situations 

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes I agree to disagree.  You just dont get it.  When a defense can T-off based on formation and situation, it makes it a lot easier to defend.  Dorsey is doing a bad job.  I gave you a perfect example earlier when I said they got stuffed on the run on first down but then on second down they went right back to the run.  The run put us in 3rd and short.  Our first TD was from a 22 yard pass followed by a *gasp* 22 yard run.  The run was then stuffed and they *gasp* ran again for a TD.

If you give up on the run just because a couple carries got stuffed then you are one dimensional already.  Our offense is already figured out by formation so now they are barely even one dimensional.  Its too easy for a defense to defend when they know what you are going to do.  Its too hard on Josh to over come that.  Even the Chiefs run the football.

Yeah, Dorsey's doing a bad job.

I personally find an offense that is #1 in the league to be abhorrent. Almost as abhorrent as an offense that is #2 in scoring. We've got to improve!! But clearly this tire fire is all Dorsey's fault and no blame can be laid elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Lol. Can’t believe you are actually comparing Devin Singletary to Alvin Kamara. Comical. You get the best post of the year in this one. 

You want to find somebody who's full of it? Look for someone using the tactic you're using here, admitting the other guy's argument is a winner by ignoring what he actually said and throwing out a straw man to distract.

He didn't "compare Devin Singletary to Alvin Kamara," as you claim. He destroyed your dumb contention that the fact that Singletary hasn't cleared 1K means anything by pointing out another very good RB who also has not cleared 1K. There are many very good RBs who he could have also cited. Ekeler. Tony Pollard, Edwards-Helaire. Guys who are good but are in situations where they don't get a lot of carries.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah maybe if he had a defense that could tackle as well would help. And a line that blocks, and a RB that doesn’t suck, and a coach that isn’t terrible at game management in critical situations 

Yeah, you seem to be looking at the wrong team.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, as someone that followed it closely, Sean Payton was worth 2 wins (minimum) per year. He won a Super Bowl as well (with an onside kick to start the 2nd half). Sean Payton is the greatest offensive coach in the world. He, ABSOLUTELY, elevated that team. I’m not trying to be dismissive but I know the Saints way better than 99.999% of this board. 

Maybe bring him in as OC?  Not as HC.  After that SB win years ago, he coached that team to 3 7-9 seasons out of 4 (same as Vitt/Kromer, who coached while he sat for his headhunting stuff)), only got to the NFCC game once.  He's had 9 winning seasons out of 14--with Brees.   

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

You want to find somebody who's full of it? Look for someone using the tactic you're using here, admitting the other guy's argument is a winner by ignoring what he actually said and throwing out a straw man to distract.

Perfectly said

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe bring him in as OC?  Not as HC.  After that SB win years ago, he coached that team to 3 7-9 seasons out of 4 (same as Vitt/Kromer, who coached while he sat for his headhunting stuff)), only got to the NFCC game once.  He's had 9 winning seasons out of 14--with Brees.   

Again, I’m not trying to be dismissive, but you’re incorrect on the reasoning. I spent 2007-2021 on New Orleans. You see, hear and talk Saints all day. I know this better than just about anyone here. Googling records, without context, is useless. BB lost at the Jets. He then went to 9 Super Bowls (or whatever). Payton is AN ELITE HC and can pick whichever job he wants next year. The Bills would be appealing to him (not saying that the job will be open). If the Bills squander another year though they need to be thinking about it. I doubt that they will but Sean Payton is the answer to our offensive woes and swagger that has disappeared. I said that before the season and am sticking with that now.

I suspect that he takes over the Dallas job (where his family lives) but will have plenty of opportunties. If you think that he might be an oc somewhere you’re WAY less informed than I ever gave you credit for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, I’m not trying to be dismissive, but you’re incorrect on the reasoning. I spent 2007-2021 on New Orleans. You see, hear and talk Saints all day. I know this better than just about anyone here. Googling records, without context, is useless. BB lost at the Jets. He then went to 9 Super Bowls (or whatever). Payton is AN ELITE HC and can pick whichever job he wants next year. The Bills would be appealing to him (not saying that the job will be open). If the Bills squander another year though they need to be thinking about it. I doubt that they will but Sean Payton is the answer to our offensive woes and swagger that has disappeared. I said that before the season and am sticking with that now.

I suspect that he takes over the Dallas job (where his family lives) but will have plenty of opportunties. If you think that he might be an oc somewhere you’re WAY less informed than I ever gave you credit for. 

He is going to wait for some dumb and desperate owner to give him the Jon Gruden package, $100m and a boatload of roster control.  I just don’t see Terry doing that.  Carolina would make perfect sense (Tepper is far from dumb, but he’s beyond desperate at this point).  So would Houston and so would Dallas (though Jerry would hate to give up roster control).  Also am I correct that the Saints still own his rights and would expect draft pick compensation?

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

.  Also am I correct that the Saints still own his rights and would expect draft pick compensation?

Yes you are. That’s why the Denver rumors are tough, they don’t have a lot of draft capital at the moment. Think he owes them two more years, so I doubt they be taking a 4th rounder.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Less informed?  "BB" famously never coached the Jets.

Anyway...after his 3rd 7-9 season in a row, was the talk of the town that Payton was an ELITE genius?  I bet it wasn't.

And finally, I didn't, and wouldn't, claim Payton would not have HC opportunities--the NFL is well known for its endless retreads.  I simply said I would rather have him considered for OC than HC for the Bills

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The swagger here makes people pucker up and think of Rex. That's not a Buffalo type of guy. I am curious how much of a culture change he would bring. 

6 hours ago, mrags said:

It’s just a purely factual statistic which points out your use of 1) a straw man argument and 2) a red herring to avoid good faith discussion.

I never made a comparison of talent or said that Singletary is as good as Kamara. I just used Kamara to prove that total rushing yardage per season isn’t the sole indication of talent. Kamara fit the bill because he has the same YPC average (4.6) as Singletary,  played with a top 5 QB, and played in a pass heavy offense. When it comes to receiving (overall talent factor) there’s no comparison as Kamara has four seasons with 80+ receptions and several seasons with 15+ TDs. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Less informed?  "BB" famously never coached the Jets.

Anyway...after his 3rd 7-9 season in a row, was the talk of the town that Payton was an ELITE genius?  I bet it wasn't.

And finally, I didn't, and wouldn't, claim Payton would not have HC opportunities--the NFL is well known for its endless retreads.  I simply said I would rather have him considered for OC than HC for the Bills

If Payton takes another coaching job, there’s zero chance of it being as an OC. 

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

That's not the point. Refusing to abandon the run keeps the defense honest. It helps the passing game. 

But when they know the Bills are passing every play it gives the defense the advantage. 

This is one of those myths that fans can’t stop believing. Like those who still think you need to run to have a good play-action attack.

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is one of those myths that fans can’t stop believing. Like those who still think you need to run to have a good play-action attack.

I guess the Vikings believed the myth too when they said in the post game pressers that they knew exactly what we were going to do in the 2nd half based on our formations.