I'm done.

letsgoteam

As another poster said, it’s hard dealing with control over a game that we have no control over.  Same going over & over about missed/bad plays as while it can be good to vent, it won’t change the result.  

Family is more important & doing things that give you enjoyment.  Focus on them & take some time to regroup.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Sorry buddy, I am out of State and have no connection to Buffalo. I tried to escape the Bills wrath but like the city i am cursed and cannot get out.  The Bills are like pandora’s box. Once you are in you cannot get out. 

I moved out of state years ago. I bleed Buffalo sports to a fault. It’ll never change. I’d love to not care, but unfortunately I do.  This loss will ruin my week. They always do for a day or two.. but this was another amazing loss in a long list of amazing losses. The heartache you have to endure as a Bills fan is something I wouldn’t wish upon most people.  But here I’ll always be.  That’s a curse right there!

What kills me the most is having a son who is hugely into the NFL. He gets big into the Bills and then I see the heartbreak he feels, and I wish I could tell him it’ll be the last time, but we all know deep down that it doesn’t ever end well for us Buffalo fanatics. I know he gets school/friend pressure to cheer for our local team (whom are winners)… it’s getting harder for me to fight that much longer. I’m too far gone… but I still have time to save him!

^ partially joking… but only a small part!

36 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Make fun of me, say I'm a liar, say whatever you want.

I'm done.

I'm 34 years old, married with a 1 month old. I live out of state. 

I have been a Bills fan all of my life, I'm not going to stop being a fan, I can't. I've been cursed. For many years, I dreamed when I finally had a kid that as they grew up, I would have someone who would love the Bills as much as I do, something we could share. My wife doesn't care about sports (it sucks). That dream is over, I'm not cursing my daughter to a lifetime of misery. 

Of course, I will keep up with the Bills, but I've got to change the way they have an impact in my life. Beyond my family and job, the Bills have come next. Watching every game, having whatever app needed to watch them out of state, clothing, $, etc. 

I'm done. I cant keep doing this. The way I feel after a loss has to stop (especially the epic meltdown losses we are all to familiar with); I'm miserable, I'm mad, I'm angry, it consumes me. I'm to emotionally invested. Beyond my job and family, the Bills have been everything and anyone who knows me knows its my identity. 

Something has to give. 

So, I thought about it after the KC game last season. Now after this, its time. I'm no longer watching the Bills live. 4 hours every "Sunday" for 17 weeks and whatever playoffs and preseason stuff. That's over 70+ hours each season. That's roughly 3 days of my life each year devoted to the Bills.

What has it given back to me, how am I a better person for doing this. What good, what accomplishments, what have I earned from this. 

NOTHING

All I do is become a emotional wreck and a miserable, grumpy jerk when they lose. (I can remember crying as a little kid, like 6/7 years old). The crying as a little kid, now is mostly just meant with anger. Any of my friends and family know. To the point of, my best friends wife, texted my wife and wanted to see how angry I was after the KC loss. It's embarrassing. I have become a side show spectacle, to point where people are curious how "epic" my meltdown was. (I would like to say, I actually took it like a champ, and kept it all in eternally and showed nothing emotionally). No anger, just disappointment in myself and the Bills. 

From here on, perhaps I go back to it at some point. I dont know. I'm just done. I am disappointed in myself more for caring so much for 30 years. 

From this point on, I'm not watching another Bills game live. I need to do better in my life, maybe this is a small step in the right direction. I know I will watch replays if they win (just like I might watch Netflix or Disney +), but I'm gaining my life back. I'm done.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

37 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

I have been a Bills fan all of my life, I'm not going to stop being a fan, I can't. I've been cursed. For many years, I dreamed when I finally had a kid that as they grew up, I would have someone who would love the Bills as much as I do, something we could share. My wife doesn't care about sports (it sucks). That dream is over, I'm not cursing my daughter to a lifetime of misery. 

Of course, I will keep up with the Bills, but I've got to change the way they have an impact in my life. Beyond my family and job, the Bills have come next. Watching every game, having whatever app needed to watch them out of state, clothing, $, etc. 

I'm done. I cant keep doing this. The way I feel after a loss has to stop (especially the epic meltdown losses we are all to familiar with); I'm miserable, I'm mad, I'm angry, it consumes me. I'm to emotionally invested. Beyond my job and family, the Bills have been everything and anyone who knows me knows its my identity. 

Something has to give. 

So, I thought about it after the KC game last season. Now after this, its time. I'm no longer watching the Bills live. 4 hours every "Sunday" for 17 weeks and whatever playoffs and preseason stuff. That's over 70+ hours each season. That's roughly 3 days of my life each year devoted to the Bills.

What has it given back to me, how am I a better person for doing this. What good, what accomplishments, what have I earned from this. 

NOTHING

All I do is become a emotional wreck and a miserable, grumpy jerk when they lose. (I can remember crying as a little kid, like 6/7 years old). The crying as a little kid, now is mostly just meant with anger. Any of my friends and family know. To the point of, my best friends wife, texted my wife and wanted to see how angry I was after the KC loss. It's embarrassing. I have become a side show spectacle, to point where people are curious how "epic" my meltdown was. (I would like to say, I actually took it like a champ, and kept it all in eternally and showed nothing emotionally). No anger, just disappointment in myself and the Bills. 

From here on, perhaps I go back to it at some point. I dont know. I'm just done. I am disappointed in myself more for caring so much for 30 years. 

From this point on, I'm not watching another Bills game live. I need to do better in my life, maybe this is a small step in the right direction. I know I will watch replays if they win (just like I might watch Netflix or Disney +), but I'm gaining my life back. I'm done.

sleep deprivation with a newborn made me cranky too. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo ill said:

I'm not "done" (fan since the bickering bills days), but the KC playoff game broke my give-a-shitter.  I just kind of expect this stuff nowdays and only feel mild disappointment when it happens.

I feel the same way. I care I just don’t/can’t/won’t get as emotionally invested. I’ll probably just watch wins that are dvr’d.

Did this with a college team for awhile and eventually just stopped watching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

Well I have been a fan since 1965.  Suck it up.  Take the good and the bad.  That is life.  Disappointments stink but the successes are wonderful.  You want  to play safe, be my guest.  Have a happy life.

• Like (+1) 1

Once you’ve been through enough of these you can see them coming.

It was clear all during the second half the Vikings were gonna come back and win it. I was prepared for the loss, but Josh throwing it right to that guy in the end zone was brutal.

I watched a 3-minute video of my grandkids and immediately felt better and a lot of joy. It’s just knowing where to put your heart and priorities.

There’s joy when they win, and when they lose, you gotta flip the switch and find your joy elsewhere. Take care of yourself OP. 

Here’s one I’ve been trying to figure out for years.

can anyone explain why we even care THIS MUCH!?

especially those of us that are out of state fans.

i started following this team since wide right (yep) and I think for me the attachment is based on how I view the Bills as the ultimate underdog and I just want the day to come where they finally pull it off.  But that’s all I can come up with.  I still don’t know why it effects me as much as it does though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To feel better about tonight I'm contemplating what it must have been like to be a die hard Atlanta Falcons fan in that absolute collapse against Brady. Goddamn they must have already been celebrating the way we were against Kansas City last year, but that was the Superbowl. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

I’ve been there too man.  No doubt some smart Alec’s around here are sarcastically giving you a hard time, but I get it.  This team sucks even when they are good.  

try to cut yourself off.  On a nice day, skip the day and do something else, like a hike or whatever.  You’ll have a better time and won’t care that you enjoyed the day while missing the game.

save the games for rainy days and when you are sick.  Watch with groups so that you aren’t watching as closely because of the distractions.  

don’t watch them until they prove they are good.  I started skipping games until Nov bc the weather was good and they were usually out of the playoffs by then.

and most of all stop coming to this forum.  It’s mostly a worthless place of endless banter.  It’s hours wasted of your life. 

• Like (+1) 2

I just laugh when they lose nowadays. It's almost always in spectacular fashion, which I think I enjoy in some kind of twisted way.

This is what being a fan of this team for decades will do to you, and I can't blame anyone for any choice they make as a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

We are one screwed up bunch

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve made my son a die hard Bills fan! I have been born and raised in northern California (don’t hold that against me) I’m probably one of the biggest football/Bills fan there is on the planet😁 todays game was really hard on my son 😭 but it is still the best thing we do together and I wouldn’t change a thing! There is probably some life lessons in the losses that I could teach him when he calms down. 

But the thought of what have I done to this poor kid crosses my mind from time to time (Chiefs loss last year) 

• Like (+1) 1

They are 6-3 and Allen can play better than this.  He just needs to stop pressing in the red zone and make better reads there.  We will also get a number of starters on defense back in the coming weeks.  If we win the next 2 games all should be good.  If we lose to the Browns next week then I agree the sky is falling on this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.