Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Does anyone have insight into Vegas?

Line hasn’t moved and I’d be shocked if Allen plays Sunday. 

They obviously know about his status..

Anyone have any idea of what other typical lines have looked like with this caliber of QB’s status up in the air?   

Maybe Mahomes when he had that foot issue?  

Wondering if they are as in the dark as we are and won’t change the line until official word comes out. 

They often just take the line off and take no bets.

Just now, arcane said:

When/where did mortenson say there was "no panic" ?

In a recent tweet.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Anyone have any idea of what other typical lines have looked like with this caliber of QB’s status up in the air?   

Wondering if they are as in the dark as we are and won’t change the line until official word comes out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I guarantee you if keenum sees time, they will run more. They almost have to. It would be comical to see keenum slinging it to Diggs and the rest of our JAG receivers. 

The thing immediately noticeable, even in preseason is the arm strength. So used to Allen that when you see Keenum throw a pass it’s like slow mo.

But yeah, run more and take a page out of the Jets offense yesterday w Wilson throwing short timing and pitch & catch stuff. Get the YAC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The thing immediately noticeable, even in preseason is the arm strength. So used to Allen that when you see Keenum throw a pass it’s like slow mo.

But yeah, run more and take a page out of the Jets offense yesterday w Wilson throwing short timing and pitch & catch stuff. Get the YAC.

It’s what we should have been doing with Josh. It’s what we were doing with Josh against the higher rated teams. Keenum’s less likely to play heroball but he’s less likely to put the offense on his back too. He’s in and somehow it will have to be a team effort.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes the line has moved.  It opened at 10.5 yesterday.   Then went down to 7.5 after the rumors of Allen's injury.   Since then it is now down to 6.5

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s not the criteria for a backup QB. You want your backup to get you to .500. I have no doubt that Case can help us go 2-2 if he has to start the next four. 

2-2 in the next 4 and we are going to KC in the playoffs again and you can probably forget it. How many years are we just going to keep pissing away? Nobody is getting any younger here. We need the 1 seed. If Josh can play, he needs to be out there. Nothing down the road is given. You need to try and cash in when you have the chance 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Rumors of injury, plus our loss.

If injury was the key concern, Vikings would immediately be favored.

I agree with you 100%.  Vegas knows before anyone else.  The fact that it hasn't either means, 1.  They truly don't know how severe it is, or 2.  It's not that bad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m assuming it’s been said, but I case it hasn’t been:

DOOOOMED!!!

I don’t know if it was said, but I know it was thought, by many. It almost goes without saying, like “time to take my next breath!” 

It seems watching a couple medical opinions that the Bills avoided a level 3 sprain and that would have been surgery as Josh would never have been able to throw his last pass 70 yards if he did as it would have been kinda a lame duck throw do to the nerves. 

So it’s either a level 1 or 2. If it’s 2 he’s probably shut down for 2-4 games and likely plays after Thanksgiving. 

If it’s level 1 he could literally play on Sunday. 
And now you know. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It seems watching a couple medical opinions that the Bills avoided a level 3 sprain and that would have been surgery as Josh would never have been able to throw his last pass 70 yards if he did as it would have been kinda a lame duck throw do to the nerves. 

So it’s either a level 1 or 2. If it’s 2 he’s probably shut down for 2-4 games and likely plays after Thanksgiving. 

And now you know. 

Did a double take looking at who posted this lol

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And now you know. 

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.