Tre White being Activated from PUP

Protocal69

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Something to consider ... activated from IR does not mean starting Sunday.

They were forced to activate him within a 21 day window and that's exactly what they did. There's still a chance he doesn't play against the Jets.

No need to play him.

On 11/1/2022 at 12:09 PM, Rigotz said:

Something to consider ... activated from IR does not mean starting Sunday.

They were forced to activate him within a 21 day window and that's exactly what they did. There's still a chance he doesn't play against the Jets.

He was not activated from IR, because he was never on IR.  He was on the PUP List.  Two completely different things with different rules.  @Protocal69can you please update the thread title to reflect his actual status?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Man, I really love this guy. Just an all around good human. 

He does seem to have of reserve to him. He isn't on the injury report, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him limited or "vet rest" tomorrow. 

I really liked his comments about trying to sort of learn about who Tre is outside of football and that he had never spent much time there before. I will say it did sort of give me Andrew Luck with a splash of Aaron Rodgers in the Amazon vibes. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From listening to Tre, I wonder if he told the coaches he wasn't ready yet?  

I think they know that after 11 months off, he is going to need a little while to get back into football drills and training and routines, etc...

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Happy for him that he’s expanded his horizons but does make you worry a little if he’s all-in with football right now. 

I felt the complete opposite given the comments from Hyde and Beane that he’s rehabbed harder than anyone they’ve ever seen from an acl 

• Protocal69 changed the title to Tre White being Activated from PUP
8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He was not activated from IR, because he was never on IR.  He was on the PUP List.  Two completely different things with different rules.  @Protocal69can you please update the thread title to reflect his actual status?

I updated the title. I was brain lazy and just took the title from the article

On 10/31/2022 at 11:54 PM, Dr.Sack said:

This good news for us. Time to transition Benford to safety where he can realize his full potential. Think Jairus Byrd rookie year every year for a decade. 

This is what I have waiting for people to mention since Benford was a college safety. Makes more sense than slotting Tre or leaving Cam Lewis there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He said multiple times that he has "a long way to go", so that makes me feel like he probably won't be playing any time soon. But I guess we'll see. Maybe part of getting to 100% includes some game reps.

I got the sense that he is in no rush. Obviously the team is never in a rush to get players back from injury either. So, the process will be as long and drawn out as they want, I suppose. Pretty different from most other teams who seem to rush players back and maybe players feel the need to rush back on those teams.

I do know this: you have no business stepping on an NFL field unless you are 100% confident in your abilities and your body. If you are hesitant, that's a risk. If you are compensating for something, that's an injury risk. I get the sense Tre White is not 100% confident yet.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

@Mango are these the interviews you were referencing? I agree he's growing as a human and coming into a bigger picture mindframe. But it's not something that freaks me out about his love for the game or retiring soon.

Seems like a guy that loves the locker room. Hearing a McDermott Era drafted player not say stuff like this might freak me out more than vice versa does. A bunch of good/smart men on this team

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

@Mango are these the interviews you were referencing? I agree he's growing as a human and coming into a bigger picture mindframe. But it's not something that freaks me out about his love for the game or retiring soon.

Seems like a guy that loves the locker room. Hearing a McDermott Era drafted player not say stuff like this might freak me out more than vice versa does. A bunch of good/smart men on this team

I am not predicting anything or even freaking out. I just said I would not be floored if he is thinking about it. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.