Are Bills fans expectations too high????

Billsfan1972

It was a horrible second half.  At this point that is all it is as they got the W.  There were plenty of times last year where they looked a whole lot worse for entire games and lost, e.g., Jax, Indy.  By year's end, that was all irrelevant.  Taking this all in, we will be fine IMO-- and they will learn some things from this game.  No athlete/team has its "A" game all the time.  Just ask Justin Verlander about the World Series.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills have a standard of play they set to achieve each and every week. Listening to the Post Game comments it’s clear they know it wasn’t great.. which is exactly how it translated on TV. Kinda just a mess and tough to watch that second half. Davis and Diggs were constantly talking back and forth with the other players. Gabe and Knox dropped some easy balls.. 

Josh is also super competitive with and It wouldn’t surprise me if in the huddle they were going an extra mile to try and stick it to them. (Without telling us so)

Anyways 6-1 is better than I had originally thought with the start of our schedule. 

We have good leaders who will focus and dial it back in this week.

I am kinda  concerned with Poyer at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No. The team is superbowl or bust so that’s my expectations. 

everyone including Vegas thought the Bills would roll this team. the Packers are a bad football team. Bills dumb mistakes kept the Pack in the game. 

all that matters is the W but…..

contrary to what others think, where any criticism is considered doom and gloom, you are allowed to say things like “probably shouldn’t give up 200 rushing yards” and “Josh Allen can’t make those rookie mistakes”  and “The Packers got in the Bills heads last night and it effected their play” and it not be doom and gloom. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well if you can play your worst half of football in a long long time and still coast to a 10 point win as how this team is for things to come. 

SIGN ME UP for that team. Oooo wait we have that team. 

Exactly, Bob. Doomerism is ridiculous at this point. This team played its "C" game and still came away with a 10 point win.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

No. The team is superbowl or bust so that’s my expectations. 

everyone including Vegas thought the Bills would roll this team. the Packers are a bad football team. Bills dumb mistakes kept the Pack in the game. 

all that matters is the W but…..

contrary to what others think, where any criticism is considered doom and gloom, you are allowed to say things like “probably shouldn’t give up 200 rushing yards” and “Josh Allen can’t make those rookie mistakes”  and “The Packers got in the Bills heads last night and it effected their play” and it not be doom and gloom. 

Vegas  had a 10.5 point line. The Bills won by 10.

And yes, that nonsense in the third paragraph is doomerism.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The expectations are exactly where they should be.      Fans should expect Josh to play well and not turn the ball over, and they should expect the offensive coordinator to run the ball when you're facing a two high shell and good man corners.    

And should expect an easy win against an inferior team. We did that too. 

• Agree 1

Honestly? That was the best thing that could’ve happened going into a road game against the upstart Jets this Sunday. The Bills coasted through a dull second half, that despite winning, will give both the players and coaches a motivational wake up call for next week. I’m good! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think it’s doom and gloom to point out the Bills looked pretty flat/bad in the 2nd half. That’s just being observational.

It was a combination of things, thought the offensive play calling was pretty bad. Josh made mistakes and was trying to force it. Mental errors that led to penalties.

Not as worried about the run defense, I think there was no way Frazier was going to bring an extra safety into the box or bring an extra LB on the field. All those yards on the ground and time used up, the Pack sort of played themselves out of the game.

• Agree 1

Many fans are afraid, very afraid.  We have something special here.  We're Bills' fans, though.  Our past consists of losing four straight Super Bowls, Wide Right, 13 Seconds...so fans are terrified that at some point the wheels are coming off the bus.

So, yesterday gave those fans a chance to panic, to feel like "See!  There it is!  It's happening again!  I knew it!  We can't have nice things!"

In some, it's just a conditioned reflex at this point, sadly.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Vegas  had a 10.5 point line. The Bills won by 10.

And yes, that nonsense in the third paragraph is doomerism.

So the coaches are the “doomerism” types then? 

because their press conferences were less than glowing about this game. 

I would rather win ugly then lose pretty. Despite the poor second half this game was basically over by halftime. GB scores midway thru the 4th Q to make the score look respectable but the Bills were never in danger of losing last night. I was at the Jets - Pats game and I can say Wilson is trash. Jets fans were calling for Mike White. I don't know if the Jets game was televised in the Buffalo market but if it was you saw Wilson makes terrible decisions when pressured. Stop the run and pressure him and the Bills defense will have a lot chances to get turnovers. The Jets D is legit. They had a pick 6 called back because of a roughing the passer penalty. That was the play of the game. Jets would have increased their lead to 17-3 if that play stood. The Bills should win but Allen and company will have to be much better against a tough Jets D.

Nothing "doomering" at all.  Just a little reality check.

For me there isn't a single game where I don't expect the Bills to score every drive and make it look effortless.  Yesterday they were bad the second half.

My biggest worry prior to yesterday was "weather forecasts".😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.