Great night game experience! However....

Adamb412

2 hours ago, muppy said:

every NFL stadium has it's issues with alcohol and drunks. I was with my family in the 90's at a charger game with my 2 young children and were heckled and taunted for wearing Bills colors. It was SAD. 

then the drunk guy who wanted to come to blows with hubby for wearing Bills colors in Phoenix

I learned from those 2 games to always try to find seats in the more expensive sections in hoping of pricing out drunk morons. For both of those we were in the cheaps.

But last night I think I might have wanted to alert stadium security this guy was out like a light and have him removed from the stadium. Highmark stadium should be nobodies crash pad. It's a football venue. Maybe he needs to go to a drunk tank and sober up. Where were his friends?  Blowing chunks on somebody equally Gross.

it's ridiculous behavior. Table breaking an shenanigans I can deal with. The other ugliness not so much.

😏

They wouldn't have taken him out. There's an infirmary. Buddy of mine got that drunk at a game once. We were trying to bring him home and they stopped us before we got out the door and took him there. His parents had to drive to OP and get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

No rookie here - not by a long shot; a fan since 1980, 42 years and counting.  I flew in from Hawaii, departing on Wednesday, so had to make the most of everything there was to offer.  I’d say I did my share to contribute to a jovial environment. 

Me and the wife came in from hawaii too! 
wish i read the board more. Woulda tried to link up. 🤙🏽

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I remember seeing cars parked on front yards along Best Street and on the way out after the game, they would be up on blocks. 

I was too young - they moved to Rich when I was 4 - but a friend’s dad told us about going to the Rockpile and having to pay neighborhood kids $5 or whatever to “watch their car and make sure nothing happened to it.”

11 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I recall being at a SNF against the JETS, and it was the opening game, warm humid weather too. I have been in many rowdy crowds in my life, being a metal fan, but that's still #1 ha ha, years later. So much alcohol and fights. And yet with so many Jets fans there, most fights were between Bills fans... 

can confirm, I was at that game too. 

It’s up there with a Bills-Browns game I went to in 1980 as a kid. 

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

You guys are both aware that someone climbed out onto the wire supporting the kicking net in the 70's. It used to be common practice to buy a seat specifically for the keg you'd wheel in.

I went to games as a kid all through the 80's and 90's and I saw more huge fights, lewdness, and general jackassery than an 8-15 year old probably should. None of this is new. Not at all. The cutoff rules for beer sales were put in place because of what USED to happen. It wasn't men in suits politely clapping I assure you.

Preach.  

Nothing quite prepares you for walking into a Rich Stadium john at age 9 to see 10 men in a circle casually but drunkenly urinating into a fountain sink. 

If anything, behavior has IMPROVED since those days.  

Edited by BRH

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

So I’ve been to 10 games. What I’ve noticed is that the most obnoxious behavior is in the 300’s section and in both ends zones. Does anyone else feel that way ? I’ve had both good and bad experiences 

End zones have always been bad for whatever reason.  

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

This is sadly, true, and not just the night games.

The only people cheering in our section, were me, and my season ticket partners.

These other 'silent fans', are also the people who have to stand, for the entire fçuk¡ng game.

Well that's interesting.  Watching on TV I would not have noticed that crowd noise is not what it used to be. 

Connecting the dots from all of these comments, maybe your average fan is too drunk to make a lot of noise, if in fact they are even conscious!  

😳

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I was too young - they moved to Rich when I was 4 - but a friend’s dad told us about going to the Rockpile and having to pay neighborhood kids $5 or whatever to “watch their car and make sure nothing happened to it.”

LOL when I went to the Rockpile in the 80's to watch the Bisons this happened all the time.  It was like extortion.  Give the kids $5 and they then walk down the street.  At least nothing ever happened to my car

27 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

LOL when I went to the Rockpile in the 80's to watch the Bisons this happened all the time.  It was like extortion.  Give the kids $5 and they then walk down the street.  At least nothing ever happened to my car

Walked to the ‘Rockpile’ as a kid for Bills games from a distance, as parking near there was apparently problematic.

Was told to keep close to my father and his friends throughout the walk.

Whatever it took to see O.J. play.

22 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

lol ***** it dude. you step out into the wild when you go to football games. embrace it, pay no mind, or just watch tv if it bothers you.

Or…

you can cut the trash out of the games and respectable people can go to games and not worry about getting puked on, pissed on, witness fornicating in the crowd, getting into fights, dealing with obnoxious 20 somethings that just got out of their moms basement for the first time and had their first beer. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Friends who are GB fans went to the game.  They had an awful experience with all the drunk dbags around.

Where did they sit?  Where did they tailgate?  The Green Bay fans I met and talked to at the game were all having a blast.

Sorry your friends had a bad experience!

• Agree 2

I think new stadiums and price increases improve fan behavior for a variety of reasons. Expect the new Bills stadium to do the same. However, talk of “pricing out” poor behavior always makes me chuckle. People are aware that white collar professionals aren’t the only people who make good money, right? Stadiums in east coasts cities like Boston and NY are always full of clowns, because it’s part of the sports culture. It might be different in other areas of the country, but it’s more a regional phenomenon, opposed to an economic thing. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Walked to the ‘Rockpile’ as a kid for Bills games from a distance, as parking near there was apparently problematic.

and my dad said, 2 hands on your ticket

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Oh yeah to see the Bills my dad parked on Genesee it was a long walk

I met Justin Sterna and his friends after game in the parking lot. He holds the longest streak of attending Packers games, home/away/playoffs. Look him up. He was a really cool dude. But they were all wasted and came up to me to ask where One Big Tree was. That's where they parked and forgot how to get back there. So I hate when people say GB fans had a bad experience because of the drunks. I saw more drunk Packers fans than sober ones. And guess what, lots of people get drunk and pass out during day games too. Night games have no bearing on how stupid people wanna get.  

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Or…

you can cut the trash out of the games and respectable people can go to games and not worry about getting puked on, pissed on, witness fornicating in the crowd, getting into fights, dealing with obnoxious 20 somethings that just got out of their moms basement for the first time and had their first beer. 

Why must you keep bringing this up?  I was ***** horny.  So sue me!!

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Just pulling your leg. I'm glad you had a good trip and got to see a W. 

Maybe see the Sabres tonight?

Unfortunately I was wiped out till 6pm the next day, so couldn’t do anything else. Going back to Honolulu 6am Wednesday morning.  I’m really going to miss it here - A LOT!  Im not being sarcastic, people in western NY may not realize how lucky they are to live here.  Great people everywhere you go around here!  I’m going to miss it - badly.  Can’t wait to move back - been gone since 1989, my day will come - soon I hope.

• Like (+1) 5

15 hours ago, 808 said:

Me and the wife came in from hawaii too! 
wish i read the board more. Woulda tried to link up. 🤙🏽

That would have been great! I live in Ewa Beach and heading back tomorrow - Wednesday.  Send me a note if you can when you return - I would happy to meet up when we’re back in Hawaii. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.