Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t know why everyone is nervous. The bills played all of the hardest teams on their schedule in the first seven games. Not that there’s ever a perfect time for an injury but this is a good time to not have Poyer

Because we've seen this before. 

The Bills have a game or two lead on the Chiefs at the Halfway point, only to be caught and passed as the Playoffs approach. 

Also, after this year could be a transition year with Hyde another year older, Poyer at the end of his contract, Edmunds at the end of his contract. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t know why everyone is nervous. The bills played all of the hardest teams on their schedule in the first seven games. Not that there’s ever a perfect time for an injury but this is a good time to not have Poyer

Because of super bowl aspirations. We want don't want him to be out for the year.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

The Jets have decent receivers. If they had a QB then not having Poyer this week would be a problem.

33 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

With our aspirations, there is little margin for error.  Sure, we will make the playoffs, but do we want to be playing another playoff game at Arrowhead?   Our home field advantage in the playoffs is one of the best in the NFL.   I posted a stat in here last night.   The last 3 Bills teams to start the season 6-1 or better went to the Super Bowl.  Pretty sure those teams hosted all their playoff games too.

EDIT:  It was last three Bills 6-1 teams apparently, not two(!)

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's worth remembering right now that Damar Hamlin has been extremely impressive, at least in my opinion.

He was a captain at Pitt and this kid is a baller.

20200912mfpittsports05-3-1608740623.jpg

And jaquan Johnson hasn’t been all that great.  If the poyer injury is serious then it’s time to look for an upgrade 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Unlike many here, I’m not ready to just move on past hyde and poyer. Until I see someone play better, I want them back.

Same. Poyer was actually off to the best season start of his career. Guys like Beasley, his body was breaking down towards the end, but his performance had also declined. Not at all the case with Poyer…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is why waiting to activate Tre was the right move by the staff.  If Poyer does need to spend some time on the IR, you can now activate Tre without having to bump someone else off the roster.  Given the CBs seem healthy now and there are concerns about Jaquan back there, maybe this is where you test someone else like Benford.  Also, any word on where Xavier Rhodes’ injury stands?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

We don't need another Edmunds...

Seems like a dumb thought, especailly when Edmunds is a pro bowl, captain, starting MLB for one of the best defenses in football.  Must be a real bum.

Then what about Andrew Wingard who played at Wyoming? 

Poyer is not getting any younger and he has been the walking wounded this year.  It is a big concern moving forward.

Can you really say that this team can go deep in the playoffs without him playing and Micah out already??

I don't see it happening.  We need an experienced safety at the trade deadline. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's worth remembering right now that Damar Hamlin has been extremely impressive, at least in my opinion.

He was a captain at Pitt and this kid is a baller.

20200912mfpittsports05-3-1608740623.jpg

He's so much better when Poyer is next to him. When it's him and Jaquan the quality drops off a cliff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It's unfortunate that Poyer can't seem to stay on the field this season.

But this is also why I'm 100% confident this is his last season is Buffalo. No way Beane is handing out big money to a guy safety on the wrong side of 30 that is starting to show his age in terms of durability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I find it suprising that some think Tre White returns and plays like nothing ever happened and like he played before. Its very possible he never returns to be the player he was, look at how long recovery has taken.  I hope he does, but most players do not.

No guarantees, but it's WAY too early to be talking about that kind of drop-off in performance.

Most of what makes a guy elite at that position is mental (in my opinion) and he hasn't lost any of that.

I do think there will be a ramp-up time period when he comes back though...let's hope he's "back to normal" by the playoffs or at least the SB.

(Yes, I'm trying to think positively here).

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ll just go ahead and say it now. If worst fears are realized -as a “Pop” suggests- is it hard to imagine this season ending with a Super Bowl Championship WITHOUT our All-Pro Safety tandem for the majority of the season? 
No.

Its impossible.

The Eagles won with Nick Foles.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.