Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

That performance against GB is not what I want to see rd 2 against Cinci no. Don't overthink it, nobody wants to see that kinda performance in a playoff game 

You said McD’s bye weeks, not week.  We were sluggish in the 2nd half yesterday I’ll grant that.  What other post bye week wins were you referencing?   I know you weren’t referencing one of the losses, since there are none.

Edited by 4merper4mer

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You said McD’s bye weeks, not week.  We were sluggish in the 2nd half yesterday I’ll grant that.  What other post bye week wins were you referencing?   I know you weren’t referencing one of the losses, since there are none.

It's been pointed out several times we've won sloppy games coming off the bye. It's a trend, I'd like to not come out flat after a bye is all.

Being 6-0 off byes doesn't mean we couldn't lose a playoff game if we played like last night 

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's been pointed out several times we've won sloppy games coming off the bye. It's a trend, I'd like to not come out flat after a bye is all.

Being 6-0 off byes doesn't mean we couldn't lose a playoff game if we played like last night 

Team has definitely come out of byes looking sloppy before.

Last year after the bye, we started to lose every other game for several weeks.

We played 1 good half against the Dolphins off the bye and won (sound familiar?) and then lost 9-6 to the Jags the following week.

The year before,  it was the cruel "Hail Murray" that preceded our Bye week.

Came out of it with a sloppy 27-17 win over the Chargers (hey, that sounds familiar too)

But unlike last season, we snapped out of it immediately, with dominating wins over SF on prime time, followed by a nice win over the Steelers, and then annihilated the Broncos. Pats and Dolphins in very similar fashion to how we started this season.

Edited by BobBelcher

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I recall Miami at home in 2019 the Bills had to crawl their way back to victory after being sluggish for most of the game… 2020 against the Chargers at home was also a pretty mediocre game all around…. Same goes for last year against Miami. Their offense was sluggish for much of that day(Think it was 3-0 at HT) so it’s been a somewhat common theme post BYE the Bills under McD aren’t at their best and eek out victories. 

This was brought up on WGR this morning, actually. We have a lot of rust. 

33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We’re undefeated under McDermott after a bye.  That’s no good?

It’s equally realistic to Ronnie Lot via time machine so why not speculate?

I guess?  Personally not a fan of the trash responses suggesting Old Retired Guys either but was hoping for some serious discussion

So perhaps “better than suggesting Ronnie Lott” is a bit low as a bar

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Obv we want it, but God it makes me nervous after seeing us under mcds bye weeks, and Tennessee s 2nd round exit last year.

Mcd has to identify what the problem I'd asap. I understand letting guys bodies heal up, but if a soft week of practice is the issue than they need to crank it back up

Uhh...you know we are 6-0 after bye weeks under McD?

28 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If we win a sloppy game off a bye in the play will you be pissed?

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I recall Miami at home in 2019 the Bills had to crawl their way back to victory after being sluggish for most of the game… 2020 against the Chargers at home was also a pretty mediocre game all around…. Same goes for last year against Miami. Their offense was sluggish for much of that day(Think it was 3-0 at HT) so it’s been a somewhat common theme post BYE the Bills under McD aren’t at their best and eek out victories. 

If by "eeking" out victories you mean winning by 10, 15 and 10 the last 3 post bye week games while never trailing at any point in any of those games then sure...most teams fans would take that every time, but I guess we just can't be happy unless we score 40 points every week and get shutouts on D.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Losing both safeties is big, big trouble. Hamlin has been encouraging, but JJ is out of his element (not sure why Joe B. spent so much time hyping him). I have to imagine S joins RB at the top of their trade deadline priorities.  

Edited by Airseven

8 hours ago, H2o said:

That's my thought. When Tre comes back, Benford will be plugged into the starting lineup at FS. 

I really like what Benford has showed so far at corner. I’m a bit confused without a training camp that he’s immediately better at S than Hamlin or JJ. Just a lot to expect. 

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

We didn’t win by enough!   You see you’re focusing on the outcome, the win.  What you need to be looking at is how we played.  We got run all over, some would even say the Packers dominated us.  Clearly something has to change so we can win each down, to heck with the final score!

/s

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

And we've looked sloppy in the past 3 years minimum, it's been covered.

Our performances against GB, MIA, LAC have not been the types of games you want to have in a playoff game, especially the 2nd rd

What if we play great but lose?  Would that be better?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If we win a sloppy game off a bye in the play will you be pissed?

No but if a sloppy game costs us a playoff game we have no business losing it will.

What is hard to understand about, we've looked sloppy off of byes, and whatever us causing it should be addressed? Of all the things game to disagree with this seems like the most dumb. Clean it up

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

What if we play great but lose?  Would that be better?

🤡🤡🤡

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

And we've looked sloppy in the past 3 years minimum, it's been covered.

Our performances against GB, MIA, LAC have not been the types of games you want to have in a playoff game, especially the 2nd rd

And yet we won by 10,15 and 10 and never trailed at any point in those games.  Not sure why people can't just be happy with easy double digit wins.  Other teams fanbases get those like once or twice a year if they are lucky.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.