Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

No but if a sloppy game costs us a playoff game we have no business losing it will.

What is hard to understand about, we've looked sloppy off of byes, and whatever us causing it should be addressed? Of all the things game to disagree with this seems like the most dumb. Clean it up

Lol the critique of last night is way overdone.  It was a weird game and Allen made two really bad throws.  With that said, calling it sloppy overall is way off.  We gave up one TD drive and one fluky TD in what was essentially garbage time,  GB looked like they came in with a desire to not get blown out and they didn’t even look like they were playing to win.  Every scintilla of sloppiness came after we were up 3 scores and knew the opponent was hopeless.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They certainly trailed against Miami in 2019 and last year they struggled big time against them…. Despite being undefeated I think they’ve been more sloppy(They couldn’t tackle for ***** last night and the offense fell asleep after HT)in post bye week games then not, but JMO. 

I said the last 3. 2019 was not included in there.

7 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Poor technique by Hamlin. He spun around and lost track of the ball and the receiver. If he opened up his hips and kept the play in front of him he would see the receiver change direction 

If he keeps his hips open that WR blows across his face and is wide open in the other half of the endzone.

He was in an impossible situation because Rogers had too much time and space to work with.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It was a weird game and Allen made two really bad throws.

It was a heck of a lot more than two. His mechanics were all over the place and a lot of his throws followed suit.

Far be it from me to talk ***** on the best QB I've ever seen in a Bills uniform, but it's no secret that he really struggled last night and he'd be the first one to tell you so.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

If he keeps his hips open that WR blows across his face and is wide open in the other half of the endzone.

He was in an impossible situation because Rogers had too much time and space to work with.

Then he screwed up in coverage. As a safety you keep the play in front of you. He let the receiver get too far into him if he has to sprint to catch up

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

We didn’t win by enough!   You see you’re focusing on the outcome, the win.  What you need to be looking at is how we played.  We got run all over, some would even say the Packers dominated us.  Clearly something has to change so we can win each down, to heck with the final score!

/s

hahaha youre on fire today, kudos again 👏

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was a heck of a lot more than two. His mechanics were all over the place and a lot of his throws followed suit.

Far be it from me to talk ***** on the best QB I've ever seen in a Bills uniform, but it's no secret that he really struggled last night and he'd be the first one to tell you so.

Yeah, that Jaire Alexander INT Josh said he was just trying to dirt it and Jaire just made a great play.  He said himself it was stupid, and sure next time he just chucks it out of bounds.  Funny too, cuz first thing I said on that pick was that it certainly looked like he was just trying to dirt it.

That is the difference between Allen and Rodgers...Allen takes 100% responsibility and never points fingers.  Not afraid to call himself out on things like that.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

hahaha youre on fire today, kudos again 👏

LOL. thanks!     Its been an interesting morning reading all the bad takes of how bad we are after what I considered to be a pretty good win.  At one point, I was thinking maybe i watched the wrong game last night.  So gotta fight idiocracy with humor.

In all seriousness though, I am worried about Poyer’s elbow.  Mostly just checking all day in vain for an update. Losing him for the season would be a huge blow.   

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

LOL. thanks!     Its been an interesting morning reading all the bad takes of how bad we are after what I considered to be a pretty good win.  At one point, I was thinking maybe i watched the wrong game last night.  So gotta fight idiocracy with humor.

In all seriousness though, I am worried about Poyer’s elbow.  Mostly just checking all day in vain for an update. Losing him for the season would be a huge blow.   

Agreed 100% on all this.  If its just a reaggrivation of a hyper extension then I think we are good and he will some games but not the season.  That is what I am hoping for.

I was playing basketball and felt a big pop in my lower leg as I pushed off to chase a rebound and scared the hell out of me.  Ended up just being my calf completely cramped and locked, and was fine in a couple weeks.  So hopefully Poyers pop isnt too serious too

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed 100% on all this.  If its just a reaggrivation of a hyper extension then I think we are good and he will some games but not the season.  That is what I am hoping for.

I was playing basketball and felt a big pop in my lower leg as I pushed off to chase a rebound and scared the hell out of me.  Ended up just being my calf completely cramped and locked, and was fine in a couple weeks.  So hopefully Poyers pop isnt too serious too

Exactly what I’m hoping too.  A few weeks rest, tighten the brace up and be ready for the playoffs... with Tre back to 100% playing time by then as well. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Exactly what I’m hoping too.  A few weeks rest, tighten the brace up and be ready for the playoffs... with Tre back to 100% playing time by then as well. 

Yeah and toughest part of our schedule is behind us too, so we should be just fine if its just some games.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

As expected, Mcdermott said "still evaluating" just now re: Poyer injury.

To my surprise, he also mentioned "evaluating" an oblique injury to Matt Milano.  Hadn't heard about that one yet...

Is this from a press conference?  Is it online anywhere?

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Good to know some of you have written off the team if Poyer is hurt.   You make me sick 😫 #fakefans

Well now that depends what takes you're talking about.

Some folks who are equally unreasonable in the other direction take the slightest hint of concern that maybe Hamlin + Johnson << Hamlin + Poyer << Hyde + Poyer when it comes to the top passing teams in the NFL (like we'll meet in the playoffs and championships) as "fake fans writing off the team"

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is this from a press conference?  Is it online anywhere?

No link to it yet unfortunately; I was watching live at https://www.wivb.com/watch-news-4-now/

You can watch live press conferences via Buffalo Bills app as well I believe.

I'd imagine buffalobills.com will post the videos later today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.